{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby robbingdog » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Answers on a postcard please

results for me everytime
robbingdog
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 am

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 pm

If playing hoofball automatically means three points why isn’t every team in the world playing it.

Go have a quiet think about it.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby Beano » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:29 pm

We’re a nasty centre forward away from an automatic promotion side.

As obvious as a wart on a witch’s hooter.
“Vanity inclines us to find faults any where rather than in ourselves”

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:40 pm

what happens when it's hoofball and a loss?

I don't see the big question over tactics, if we started taking chances there wouldn't be any of this meltdown or wanting DF out.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4245
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:21 am

What is hoofball? Do you mean direct? Our goal v cambridge. Long ball from the goalkeeper headed on and finished by Rose. The poor poor poor miss by Walker with left foot against Oldham headed on by rose from a goal kick. Is this tippy tappy then? Today against Bury any goals from tippy tappy? This is league two not championship
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby adamstag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:58 am

Can we have an option where $h*tcroft isn’t manager?
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6098
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby Tawnystag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:44 am

Positive as patient passing (I assume that’s tippy tappy) and win.
Tawnystag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby Bradders » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:16 am

Tawnystag wrote:Positive as patient passing (I assume that’s tippy tappy) and win.

Tippy tappy isn't patient passing. It's tentative stuff and messing about in your own half, that gives the opposition a chance to rest as there's no danger. Patient passing in their half, looking for an opportunity, is always fine.
I haven't seen much tippy tappy this season, just a lack of finishing power.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:28 am

adamstag wrote:Can we have an option where $h*tcroft isn’t manager?


Yeh. You go and support another club
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6279
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby stag861 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 am

Beano wrote:We’re a nasty centre forward away from an automatic promotion side.

As obvious as a wart on a witch’s hooter.


:good_post:
stag861
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 am

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby abc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:37 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:Can we have an option where $h*tcroft isn’t manager?


Yeh. You go and support another club


Are you Flipflops Mother by any chance ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:47 am

Definitely no more Cox style hoofball for me regardless. I wouldn’t want to watch that shower again!!! This is the style I want but tactically things must change slightly. Also agree with above regarding another striker.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby yellas-derek-yellas » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 am

stag861 wrote:
Beano wrote:We’re a nasty centre forward away from an automatic promotion side.

As obvious as a wart on a witch’s hooter.


:good_post:


This.
Also feel a Briscoe type player who will have a go from outside the box would help.
yellas-derek-yellas
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:57 am

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby Herts Stag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:42 am

You can play tippy, tappy and win. You just don't revert to sitting back and try and defend a lead. Its simple really. Flitcroft just doesn't seem to appreciate that. We get what we deserve and he should get what he deserves.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby Jimstag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:55 am

It’s more our failure to kill teams off or hold on to a lead that’s to blame rather than style of play. If we could do that there’d be no debate
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:39 am

Beano wrote:We’re a nasty centre forward away from an automatic promotion side.

As obvious as a wart on a witch’s hooter.



This. All we need is that Danny Hylton horrible raspberry forward that always manages to be in the right place at the right time and only needs one chance.... Everything else is almost spot on. Rose Walker and Davies aint that type of player.

Why would you bugger up the best footballing side by sacking the manager and then needing to find a replacement, a new style of play, a new squad after 12 games.... It never works so why not just flipping try sticking with a manager for once... all the successful teams do it but not Mansfield and their impatient football experts.

This season or next or the one after DF will get us up... but he wont do it in a matter of months.

FGR have drawn one more than us and say if we win our game in hand we'd also be in the playoffs... and who would be moaning about that??? We've played 12 games, let the manager try to sort the problem first. Also to have a side thats not lost away is incredible!

Youve all cried for lovely football despite being an average league two side and now after 12 games we aren't top of the league you want change again....
Sedgwick
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:51 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Beano wrote:We’re a nasty centre forward away from an automatic promotion side.

As obvious as a wart on a witch’s hooter.



This. All we need is that Danny Hylton horrible raspberry forward that always manages to be in the right place at the right time and only needs one chance.... Everything else is almost spot on. Rose Walker and Davies aint that type of player.

Why would you bugger up the best footballing side by sacking the manager and then needing to find a replacement, a new style of play, a new squad after 12 games.... It never works so why not just flipping try sticking with a manager for once... all the successful teams do it but not Mansfield and their impatient football experts.

This season or next or the one after DF will get us up... but he wont do it in a matter of months.

FGR have drawn one more than us and say if we win our game in hand we'd also be in the playoffs... and who would be moaning about that??? We've played 12 games, let the manager try to sort the problem first. Also to have a side thats not lost away is incredible!

Youve all cried for lovely football despite being an average league two side and now after 12 games we aren't top of the league you want change again....


watch out Sedgwick, they'll say you've got no ambition in a minute :lol:

we sat through two and a half years of absolutely terrible football under Murray, I can put up with a few draws. It is annoying as i obviously want our team to do well, but we'll never get anywhere if we start with the managerial roundabout with a new manager every season because he can't get us promoted. It took accy, Luton and Wycombe years of building to get where they are and it'll probably be the same for us. Patience needed
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4245
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:58 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Beano wrote:We’re a nasty centre forward away from an automatic promotion side.

As obvious as a wart on a witch’s hooter.



This. All we need is that Danny Hylton horrible raspberry forward that always manages to be in the right place at the right time and only needs one chance.... Everything else is almost spot on. Rose Walker and Davies aint that type of player.

Why would you bugger up the best footballing side by sacking the manager and then needing to find a replacement, a new style of play, a new squad after 12 games.... It never works so why not just flipping try sticking with a manager for once... all the successful teams do it but not Mansfield and their impatient football experts.

This season or next or the one after DF will get us up... but he wont do it in a matter of months.

FGR have drawn one more than us and say if we win our game in hand we'd also be in the playoffs... and who would be moaning about that??? We've played 12 games, let the manager try to sort the problem first. Also to have a side thats not lost away is incredible!

Youve all cried for lovely football despite being an average league two side and now after 12 games we aren't top of the league you want change again....


watch out Sedgwick, they'll say you've got no ambition in a minute :lol:

we sat through two and a half years of absolutely terrible football under Murray, I can put up with a few draws. It is annoying as i obviously want our team to do well, but we'll never get anywhere if we start with the managerial roundabout with a new manager every season because he can't get us promoted. It took accy, Luton and Wycombe years of building to get where they are and it'll probably be the same for us. Patience needed


Yeh but some of our fans are pre evolution humans who beleive Mansfield town have the Devine right to be promoted without kicking a ball every season just because JR pumps money into us.

They don’t seem to see that the increased attendances, best football we’ve played since the Lawrence days and overall structure of the club is a positive thing too. They just want there cake now and not worry about where the club will be in 5 years time after sacking the manager 25 times.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: hoofball and win or tippy tappy and draw

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:59 am

raspberry hoofball, if you want that raspberry go and watch Oldham
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bob ledgers barber, edwinscott, La Manga Stag, Martin Shaw, patstag, pen, Sandy Pate Best Stag, smulls, stagtastic1 and 52 guests