{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:18 pm

With the begging buckets being out two times previous to this, I can't give them any sympathy anymore....especially alongside the "massive club" entitlement complex amongst a majority of their fans.

I just hope they don't go to the wall because it leaves Dan without a good source of income.

You'd have thought lessons would have been learnt by now though, especially after the Munto disaster.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:28 pm

Am I the only one who laughed so hard a bit of wee came out when I heard this ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Always look on the bright side Clownty fans, at least you've got Micheal Doyle oooh hey oooh :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:36 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Am I the only one who laughed so hard a bit of wee came out when I heard this ?

Nope :lol:
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:38 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Am I the only one who laughed so hard a bit of wee came out when I heard this ?

No, :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Apparently paragon interiors have been hit financially by #willygate

I think Alan Hardly has previously stated that he wouldn't have bought the club had he known what he knows after buying it.

The thing is he won't shift the club if there's a chance a new buyer can pick it up in administration for a fraction of the price.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:41 pm

Could just as easily happen to us.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:50 pm

Last edited by adamstag on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Our "parent company" is a lot more liquid when it comes to cash. Financial services have a much higher profit margin. 12% gross profit Paragon made in their last financial statement. They had a gross profit of £9million on a turn over of £75million. One call insurance had a turnover of £50million and a gross profit of £47million.

Paragon is based on invoicing and contracts of large sizes. If one of those contracts screws up, the cash flow is hit accordingly
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:07 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:Our "parent company" is a lot more liquid when it comes to cash. Financial services have a much higher profit margin. 12% gross profit Paragon made in their last financial statement. They had a gross profit of £9million on a turn over of £75million. One call insurance had a turnover of £50million and a gross profit of £47million.

Paragon is based on invoicing and contracts of large sizes. If one of those contracts screws up, the cash flow is hit accordingly

Gross profit is simply “margin”. Then all the running costs of the business have to be deducted, after which the remaining surplus is taxable. After that, this is nett profit (or cash in hand).

There is absolutely no way that JR’s business is retaining 94% of turnover as profit.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:10 pm

Hope they survive...........................................but down in Conference after 12 pts deducted !
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby RichieB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:11 pm

Paragon only made £40k net profit in their last accounts posted (2017) but not surprisingly Paragons latest accounts are overdue https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01981976 It also shows Paragon was owed in the 2017 accounts £10.5 million from Notts County, Compare that to One Call which made £10 million net profit last time around. incredible difference and clearly someone has been living way beyond their means.
RichieB
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:26 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Hope they survive...........................................but down in Conference after 12 pts deducted !

National League don't except teams in Administration.

I'm not sure but if County have been in Administration before the points deduction is a more than 12.

Also read Alan Hardy is a director of a new adventure started on 14th February 2019.....

Find it here Companies House PPDCL3
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:28 pm

I actually feel sorry for Notts County.

Wait, no I don’t. Announce 15 point deduction and get them relegated.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:30 pm

Whilst it's been fun and entertaining watching their struggles over the past season, with their "best strikeforce in the league". Relegation would be a fitting climax for me, but potentially losing the club altogether, the job losses, effects on the lifelong (albeit "old") supporters, and missing the future entertainment of their struggles in non-league would be a sad day all round.

I have a lot of friends who support Notts, and I hope for their sake that this does not signify the end of their club....
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:47 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:Our "parent company" is a lot more liquid when it comes to cash. Financial services have a much higher profit margin. 12% gross profit Paragon made in their last financial statement. They had a gross profit of £9million on a turn over of £75million. One call insurance had a turnover of £50million and a gross profit of £47million.

Gross profit is simply “margin”. Then all the running costs of the business have to be deducted, after which the remaining surplus is taxable. After that, this is nett profit (or cash in hand).

There is absolutely no way that JR’s business is retaining 94% of turnover as profit.

I just wanted to show case the huge gulf in margins between financial services and fit-out companies. Running a business on 12% gross profit (even less when you consider net profit) doesn't give them the cash to be flexible. Our operating profit was £11.5mill so looking at 20%, £9mill profit when you take off tax. Operating costs could include running Mansfield as well, but I'm not smart enough to figure that out
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Niet. :lol:

Mainly because no other club has got away with so much fiscal chicanery aa Notts Cownteh. Karma has been a long time in catching up with them.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:53 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:Hope they survive...........................................but down in Conference after 12 pts deducted !

I'm not sure but if County have been in Administration before the points deduction is a more than 12.

Also read Alan Hardy is a director of a new adventure started on 14th February 2019.....

I think that if in administration they will not be able to play in National League but will be able to play in National League North as Boston did... can anyone confirm?
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Forever Optimistic » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:00 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

I think that if in administration they will not be able to play in National League but will be able to play in National League North as Boston did... can anyone confirm?

They’re discussing this point on Mad. Sounds correct
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:07 pm

Forever Optimistic wrote:
West Ham 1969 wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

They’re discussing this point on Mad. Sounds correct

They were demoted to the conference north yeah - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 738469.stm

Originally it was going to be to the NPL but they appealed and were only relegated 2 divisions instead of 3 :shock:

A certain fatman was given a 1 year suspended sentence within that too
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Just had a glance at their forum, and they seem to have stumbled on a poorly translated google article that speculates that the owner of Ludogorets Razgrad might be an interested buyer.

I doubt any buyer would be interested right now until they know what division they will end up in, as the price could drop drastically.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby RichieB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:21 pm

As Big Alan says on linkedin profile "I believe that senior managers need an ability to be able to stand on the balcony whilst at the same time taking part in the dance". (no mention about having your todger out in a bath tub meaning clients dont want to shake your hand).
RichieB
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:31 pm

stagmanrob wrote:Just had a glance at their forum, and they seem to have stumbled on a poorly translated google article that speculates that the owner of Ludogorets Razgrad might be an interested buyer.

I doubt any buyer would be interested right now until they know what division they will end up in, as the price could drop drastically.

Why buy it now at Alan Hardy price when the buyer can make any offer when it's in Administration......

I know what I would do just like the dark lord did when the wolves where waiting in the shadows.... he came with his wrinkle free one pound note n bought himself a football stadium with prime building land around it.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:55 pm

Gruff wrote:Whilst it's been fun and entertaining watching their struggles over the past season, with their "best strikeforce in the league". Relegation would be a fitting climax for me, but potentially losing the club altogether, the job losses, effects on the lifelong (albeit "old") supporters, and missing the future entertainment of their struggles in non-league would be a sad day all round.

I have a lot of friends who support Notts, and I hope for their sake that this does not signify the end of their club....

My feelings exactly
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:03 pm

Would I be upset?

Most certainly not!!!!
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum