{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby scotsstag » Tue May 02, 2023 11:28 am

I've no love for either but if it has to be one then I hope it's County.
They deserve it with that points haul ...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue May 02, 2023 12:56 pm

To all those replies, great, but isn't it all those aspects that makes triumph over local rivals even sweeter
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue May 02, 2023 1:06 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:To all those replies, great, but isn't it all those aspects that makes triumph over local rivals even sweeter

Yes we all miss it ,fierce rivalry with the sheep & playing the clownty ,giving them a thrashing :lol:

It is all about them learning a lesson , how they have treat Mansfield over the years .

There divine right thinking they where always above us over the years.

I like the Clownty match going on packed trains , no one collecting the money & a good pint in notts before the game.

Let the Sheep lose in the first game & Clownty lose in the final ( If Carlsberg did play offs )

They both deserve to stay down a little longer Dilly Dilly
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue May 02, 2023 1:10 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:To all those replies, great, but isn't it all those aspects that makes triumph over local rivals even sweeter

Yes we all miss it ,fierce rivalry with the sheep & playing the clownty ,giving them a thrashing :lol:

It is all about them learning a lesson , how they have treat Mansfield over the years .

There divine right thinking they where always above us over the years.

I like the Clownty match going on packed trains , no one collecting the money & a good pint in notts before the game.

Let the Sheep lose in the first game & Clownty lose in the final ( If Carlsberg did play offs )

They both deserve to stay down a little longer Dilly Dilly

Superbly put :thumbup:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 02, 2023 1:19 pm

I don’t care if they stay there forever. Come on Woking
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Tue May 02, 2023 1:44 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I don’t care if they stay there forever. Come on Woking

Agreed.

Let ’em burn.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue May 02, 2023 2:04 pm

Jeez I'm obviously in the minority then......I mean who'd want to have fixtures including Derby v Forest, Sheff Wed's v United, Man City v Man Utd, Bristol City v Rovers, Arsenal v Spurs, West Ham v Millwall, Ipswich v Norwich...., Liverpool v Everton Cardiff v Swansea, Villa v Birmingham, Newcastle v Sunderland., and many more !!!!

Let's play Fleetwood, Cheltenham, Sutton Utd, Harrogate instead.

I bet some of you still don't buy Japanese or German goods.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue May 02, 2023 2:09 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Jeez I'm obviously in the minority then......I mean who'd want to have fixtures including Derby v Forest, Sheff Wed's v United, Man City v Man Utd, Bristol City v Rovers, Arsenal v Spurs, West Ham v Millwall, Ipswich v Norwich...., Liverpool v Everton Cardiff v Swansea, Villa v Birmingham, Newcastle v Sunderland., and many more !!!!

If you asked the fans of all of the above clubs I would imagine a very large proportion of them would like to see their fierce rivals relegated or not promoted.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue May 02, 2023 2:15 pm

scotsstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Jeez I'm obviously in the minority then......I mean who'd want to have fixtures including Derby v Forest, Sheff Wed's v United, Man City v Man Utd, Bristol City v Rovers, Arsenal v Spurs, West Ham v Millwall, Ipswich v Norwich...., Liverpool v Everton Cardiff v Swansea, Villa v Birmingham, Newcastle v Sunderland., and many more !!!!

If you asked the fans of all of the above clubs I would imagine a very large proportion of them would like to see their fierce rivals relegated or not promoted.

Of course they would and I 100% get that but my point is that is the fixture list more exciting with those games or without them not even considering the financial benefits for us.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 02, 2023 2:21 pm

Sounds like you can't handle other people's opinions :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue May 02, 2023 2:28 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Sounds like you can't handle other people's opinions :lol:

I can handle the opinions Bobby I just don't get it that people would prefer the league without those fixtures
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Ralphy » Tue May 02, 2023 2:47 pm

All my Forest supporting mates were chuffed to bits when Derby got relegated last season!! They have the same opinion of them as I do of that lot across the road - hope they go bust and we never see them again
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Tue May 02, 2023 2:49 pm

It’s the thought that they might beat us is the problem.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue May 02, 2023 2:52 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

Of course they would and I 100% get that but my point is that is the fixture list more exciting with those games or without them not even considering the financial benefits for us.

More "exciting" (as you put it) for me without them because it means that they are both still non-league.
Ok.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue May 02, 2023 2:57 pm

If Clownty get promoted and still lose Langstaff (He will obviously go elsewhere if they remain non league anyway), I could see them enquiring about Swan ?
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 02, 2023 3:33 pm

part time pete wrote:It’s the thought that they might beat us is the problem.

Absolutely. I'm just relieved only one of them could come up. Of the two I would prefer Notts County. If any of the others came up their away support would be minimal.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue May 02, 2023 6:50 pm

scotsstag wrote:I've no love for either but if it has to be one then I hope it's County.

That's the attitude of any sane football fan. They've got over 100 points and not won the league. Surely they deserve to win the playoffs.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Tue May 02, 2023 8:11 pm

I love a good derby. There's no better feeling than beating your nearest rivals. You're buzzing for the whole week. You have bragging rights over your friends who misguidedly support the other lot. That's not even taking into account the game itself and the atmosphere. I simply love it. Bring it on.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 02, 2023 8:16 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
scotsstag wrote:I've no love for either but if it has to be one then I hope it's County.

That's the attitude of any sane football fan. They've got over 100 points and not won the league. Surely they deserve to win the playoffs.

Nope. Balls to them
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue May 02, 2023 8:22 pm

I wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest if county came up, i don’t view them as a proper rival, it’s more like an inter-county thing, there’s never been really any bother and hopefully that would continue.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue May 02, 2023 8:45 pm

I can absolutely guarantee that not a single Notts County fan would say they want us up if they were in league two and us in the national league. Would be absolutely hilarious if they don’t win the playoffs.

Good result for County tonight mind. Watched the Barnet vs Boreham Wood game. Boreham Wood won 2-1 and will play County in the semi final, but despite losing you could tell that Barnet are the more dangerous side. County will be chuffed.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue May 02, 2023 9:47 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:I can absolutely guarantee that not a single Notts County fan would say they want us up if they were in league two and us in the national league. Would be absolutely hilarious if they don’t win the playoffs.

Good result for County tonight mind. Watched the Barnet vs Boreham Wood game. Boreham Wood won 2-1 and will play County in the semi final, but despite losing you could tell that Barnet are the more dangerous side. County will be chuffed.

I went to the game. Barnet were not the more dangerous side, they had lots of possession and zero quality. Boreham Wood defended well and attacked with much more quality. Boreham Wood would be much better equipped to deal with League Two. I think Boreham Wood would be much more likely to beat Notts County too, though Notts County will be strong favourites.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagmanrob » Tue May 02, 2023 9:52 pm

Sure the commentary team on BT Sports were tipping Boreham Wood to be a dark horse because they have the best defensive record in the league - thus they are better equipped to play on the counter and win three away games effectively with no pressure of expectation.

I'd imagine with Notts and Chesterfield believing they are massive and have a divine right to go up, their fans could quickly turn if it doesn't go too well at home too.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Tue May 02, 2023 9:54 pm

Woking v Boreham Wood in the final.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Tue May 02, 2023 9:56 pm

smulls wrote:Woking v Boreham Wood in the final.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum