{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:54 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:“Yeh but no but ...”

Can we draw a line under this subject now?


No, we can’t :roll: :lol:

DogsBollox is assuming that all of last season’s ST holders would buy one this year if the QL membership offer wasn’t available. I don’t believe this. Our core ST numbers have been around 1800 and the extras came last season from the Scottish ones effect and some good backing from JR making us favourites to get promoted. Even though JR has backed Flitcroft this season I don’t think it has the same “wow” factor, especially with lack of early signings, and we would have had reduced numbers of ST holders anyway.
I understand his point about the pre season cash flow, so making an adjustment for Stagsnet number of ST sold at 2409 pre-22/8/17 the cash generated would have been approx £725k compared with the estimated this season of £700k based on sales of 2000.
25k would only get you a decent youth team/ young professional player.

Please note that I have made the same assumptions as before about adult prices because I don’t have the breakdown of age group sales. If Martin , or anyone else, does have them I will re-calculate( and re-estimate this season)
My use of the early bird price is not 15% out- it is the ACTUAL price of the adult ticket sold. Similarly my use of £340 is not 3% out- it is the actual price of the adult ticket sold.


You really don't get what im trying to say at all. My point has absolutely nothing whatsoever with last years ST prices in any way shape or form or if the manager is a turd or useless.
The adult ST price for this season is £350.
Lets assume the attendance for home fans is a total of 2300 made up of 1800 core ST holders and 500 QLE members all being adult payers. If there was no QLE offer or at offer of any sort and they all attend the first game then income from 2300 adults would be 2300 x £350 = £805000.
But there is a QLE offer so the income is only (1800 x £350) + ( 500 x £20 ) = £631000
The difference on cash flow is £805000 - £631000 = £174000 before a ball is kicked.


Those 500 still have to pay for each game and also the club will increase its revenue from away support by being able to charge them full price. Assuming the 2300 from last season and 1800 plus 500 QLE this season, I suspect overall the financial difference won't be too great - yes the initial income isn't as high, but the club will get more in terms of regular income throughout the season as more fans pay per game and of course should we have a decent season more pay on the day fans will start to filter through.
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3996
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Sammythestag » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 am

Heading down to get a couple of Quarry Lane Memberships this morning fellas so i will keep my eyes open for potential signings...
Sammythestag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Rob wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:“Yeh but no but ...”

Can we draw a line under this subject now?


No, we can’t :roll: :lol:

DogsBollox is assuming that all of last season’s ST holders would buy one this year if the QL membership offer wasn’t available. I don’t believe this. Our core ST numbers have been around 1800 and the extras came last season from the Scottish ones effect and some good backing from JR making us favourites to get promoted. Even though JR has backed Flitcroft this season I don’t think it has the same “wow” factor, especially with lack of early signings, and we would have had reduced numbers of ST holders anyway.
I understand his point about the pre season cash flow, so making an adjustment for Stagsnet number of ST sold at 2409 pre-22/8/17 the cash generated would have been approx £725k compared with the estimated this season of £700k based on sales of 2000.
25k would only get you a decent youth team/ young professional player.

Please note that I have made the same assumptions as before about adult prices because I don’t have the breakdown of age group sales. If Martin , or anyone else, does have them I will re-calculate( and re-estimate this season)
My use of the early bird price is not 15% out- it is the ACTUAL price of the adult ticket sold. Similarly my use of £340 is not 3% out- it is the actual price of the adult ticket sold.


You really don't get what im trying to say at all. My point has absolutely nothing whatsoever with last years ST prices in any way shape or form or if the manager is a turd or useless.
The adult ST price for this season is £350.
Lets assume the attendance for home fans is a total of 2300 made up of 1800 core ST holders and 500 QLE members all being adult payers. If there was no QLE offer or at offer of any sort and they all attend the first game then income from 2300 adults would be 2300 x £350 = £805000.
But there is a QLE offer so the income is only (1800 x £350) + ( 500 x £20 ) = £631000
The difference on cash flow is £805000 - £631000 = £174000 before a ball is kicked.


Those 500 still have to pay for each game and also the club will increase its revenue from away support by being able to charge them full price. Assuming the 2300 from last season and 1800 plus 500 QLE this season, I suspect overall the financial difference won't be too great - yes the initial income isn't as high, but the club will get more in terms of regular income throughout the season as more fans pay per game and of course should we have a decent season more pay on the day fans will start to filter through.


Exactly my point. We have no way of knowing how many of this season’s QLMs who had a ST last year would have bought a season ticket at £355 so the figure of 2300 is totally spurious, likewise my guesstimate of 2000 ( although I took this figure from another poster). Indeed there may well be quite a number of last season’s ST holders who buy neither and choose to sit in IG stand on a match by match basis. It is not lost income if it was never going to happen.

Personally I have renewed my ST in IGU even though I will probably miss at least 3 matches depending on fixture list. This will cost me at least £17.50 per match but I will have an excellent view, no hassle buying home tickets and less hassle getting tickets for major away games or that big cup game that happens every 5 years or so...
halifaxstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:51 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Rob wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:“Yeh but no but ...”

Can we draw a line under this subject now?


No, we can’t :roll: :lol:

DogsBollox is assuming that all of last season’s ST holders would buy one this year if the QL membership offer wasn’t available. I don’t believe this. Our core ST numbers have been around 1800 and the extras came last season from the Scottish ones effect and some good backing from JR making us favourites to get promoted. Even though JR has backed Flitcroft this season I don’t think it has the same “wow” factor, especially with lack of early signings, and we would have had reduced numbers of ST holders anyway.
I understand his point about the pre season cash flow, so making an adjustment for Stagsnet number of ST sold at 2409 pre-22/8/17 the cash generated would have been approx £725k compared with the estimated this season of £700k based on sales of 2000.
25k would only get you a decent youth team/ young professional player.

Please note that I have made the same assumptions as before about adult prices because I don’t have the breakdown of age group sales. If Martin , or anyone else, does have them I will re-calculate( and re-estimate this season)
My use of the early bird price is not 15% out- it is the ACTUAL price of the adult ticket sold. Similarly my use of £340 is not 3% out- it is the actual price of the adult ticket sold.


You really don't get what im trying to say at all. My point has absolutely nothing whatsoever with last years ST prices in any way shape or form or if the manager is a turd or useless.
The adult ST price for this season is £350.
Lets assume the attendance for home fans is a total of 2300 made up of 1800 core ST holders and 500 QLE members all being adult payers. If there was no QLE offer or at offer of any sort and they all attend the first game then income from 2300 adults would be 2300 x £350 = £805000.
But there is a QLE offer so the income is only (1800 x £350) + ( 500 x £20 ) = £631000
The difference on cash flow is £805000 - £631000 = £174000 before a ball is kicked.


Those 500 still have to pay for each game and also the club will increase its revenue from away support by being able to charge them full price. Assuming the 2300 from last season and 1800 plus 500 QLE this season, I suspect overall the financial difference won't be too great - yes the initial income isn't as high, but the club will get more in terms of regular income throughout the season as more fans pay per game and of course should we have a decent season more pay on the day fans will start to filter through.


Exactly my point. We have no way of knowing how many of this season’s QLMs who had a ST last year would have bought a season ticket at £355 so the figure of 2300 is totally spurious, likewise my guesstimate of 2000 ( although I took this figure from another poster). Indeed there may well be quite a number of last season’s ST holders who buy neither and choose to sit in IG stand on a match by match basis. It is not lost income if it was never going to happen.

Personally I have renewed my ST in IGU even though I will probably miss at least 3 matches depending on fixture list. This will cost me at least £17.50 per match but I will have an excellent view, no hassle buying home tickets and less hassle getting tickets for major away games or that big cup game that happens every 5 years or so...

I have changed from front row IGU for a few simple reasons even though the view is good.
Lots of folk up there think they are Pep Or Klopp and never shut up all game. The cost next.
Finally I really miss being behind the goal, I spent one year IGU and felt separated from the game somehow. I love it when we kick towards our end in the second half and I loved it in the North Stand when I was younger for the same reasons. Also I think the atmosphere will be good in there next season.
COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:32 pm

The atmosphere in QLE should be great. Hopefully Q block will still be good and enough people joining in from rest of ground. I do my best/ worst from the half way line. The crowd noise doesn’t always seem to travel along the West stand but you can definitely hear it on the pitch judging by video coverage.
halifaxstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Johnny H wrote:300 or so of last season ST's were sold in January (half season tickets) so the above figures get even closer.


We only sold 75 half season tickets last season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Bought my membership card today I like the idea of buying several home games in one transaction saves multiple visits to the ground before every home game....

Hats off to simplifying the membership scheme
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3650
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:40 pm

:)

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:49 am

A great effort by our League 2 rivals, Lincoln City as they sell out of season tickets. Hats off to them. It's going to give them more spending power. We'll all have to work a bit harder on dragging that mate/relative to see the Stags play a few games at Field Mill next season.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2018/jun ... -sold-out/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:50 am

Good support from the Spireites as well

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:05 pm

If we'd had an early bird price instead of the ST holders being shafted we'd have been over 2501 now if the cut off date'd been 30th June. Especially if we'd have signed this weeks threesome earlier in t'week.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18126
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:09 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Good support from the Spireites as well



:lol: See Lionel Richie decided against one :lol:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:33 pm

For a town roughly the same size they put us to shame attendance wise. fgs Why? New ground and brilliant team a few years ago maybe, but I heard lots of supposed Stags fans say they were coming back when we were a league club again......and guess what, they haven’t.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:44 pm

Spiritater wrote:If we'd had an early bird price instead of the ST holders being shafted we'd have been over 2501 now if the cut off date'd been 30th June. Especially if we'd have signed this weeks threesome earlier in t'week.


The early bird deal cost the club £35,000-£40,000 last season. The club also had the largest playing budget in its history. Understandably JR wanted to take a bit of a breather this season. However the Quarry Lane Membership deal which the club wanted to try out is a fantastic deal. £20 for membership and then £11!!!!! a game for adults if you buy your ticket before the match. A lot of our season ticket holders will switch to the QLE Membership deal.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:54 pm

I'm getting a QLE membership as I'll be working most Saturdays but will be able to make the Tuesday nighters, so that's extra money the club wouldn't have had. Plus everyone I have spoken to that have had season tickets are still getting season tickets so it's hardly the disaster that some people are making it out to be.
Stag95
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:27 pm

Still haven't got our season tickets yet, again the lack of early bird means there is no rush to part with the cash and gives extra time to accumulate the £880 needed :)
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:25 pm

I've switched from season ticket to a membership card working out £11.84 a game n you can buy several games In one visit to the ground.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3650
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Jamie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:53 pm

Can't wait for all the tears on here from QLE members first time we get a limited allocation.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4379
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:06 am

Jamie wrote:Can't wait for all the tears on here from QLE members first time we get a limited allocation.
That's a bit mean spirited Jamie.

I'm sure the vast majority of QL members will accept that the season ticket holders will have priority.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4678
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 am

Jamie wrote:Can't wait for all the tears on here from QLE members first time we get a limited allocation.

Like it even happens that often.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby RichieB » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:06 am

70 quid of VAT to come off the tickets, the club only get 280 per ticket for themselves
RichieB
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Scothie the Stag » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:48 am

RichieB wrote:70 quid of VAT to come off the tickets, the club only get 280 per ticket for themselves


Point taken, but your maths is a little out, the club will get £291.67 - the £350 is the 100% value and the 20% V.A.T.

On a personal level I'm still torn regarding the season ticket and Q.L.E. membership card, nice to read there are plenty still to buy season tickets.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:28 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Jamie » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:27 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:Can't wait for all the tears on here from QLE members first time we get a limited allocation.
That's a bit mean spirited Jamie.

I'm sure the vast majority of QL members will accept that the season ticket holders will have priority.


They won't, they'll be on here crying about how they go home and away and have for years.

Also i paid full price for my ST, partly because I wanted to have my seat but also to help the club. Not just save a few quid for myself as others have.

My problem isn't with the financial impact of no early bird, it's the fact they've given less committed fans a huge discount and laughed in the face of season ticket holders.

TTFs post about the cost of early bird is quite funny. This membership deal will cost about the same overall in terms of lost income. With the added bit that the more popular it is the more they lose. It's laughable.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4379
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Will the sale of membership cards end at the start of the season....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3650
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Jamie wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:Can't wait for all the tears on here from QLE members first time we get a limited allocation.
That's a bit mean spirited Jamie.

I'm sure the vast majority of QL members will accept that the season ticket holders will have priority.


They won't, they'll be on here crying about how they go home and away and have for years.

Also i paid full price for my ST, partly because I wanted to have my seat but also to help the club. Not just save a few quid for myself as others have.

My problem isn't with the financial impact of no early bird, it's the fact they've given less committed fans a huge discount and laughed in the face of season ticket holders.

TTFs post about the cost of early bird is quite funny. This membership deal will cost about the same overall in terms of lost income. With the added bit that the more popular it is the more they lose. It's laughable.


So you're "CRYING" about fans getting a better deal, you couldn't make it up!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4dstag, Bing [Bot], Dazzerb, EdwinstoweStag, joey bananas, milne6, nick_stags, richardstag, staggered218, yellafella and 20 guests