{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Postby BenJwells » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:31 am

Unsure where the talk of three up three down has actually come from. Surely has to be voted on by league clubs? and it's not been mentioned by the EFL at any league meetings?

If I had my way the conference play off winner would then have to play 23rd in league two to swap places with them.

Back to Chesterfield, is funny that they blew so much money on Tshimanga, he played well and put himself in the shop window, was denied a chance to play at a good level and now looks to be done whilst still on big money
BenJwells
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:22 am

BenJwells wrote:Back to Chesterfield, is funny that they blew so much money on Tshimanga, he played well and put himself in the shop window, was denied a chance to play at a good level and now looks to be done whilst still on big money

I was told that the reason he isn't in the first 11 is that he is 'on strike' refusing to start games after the club refused to let him join Birmingham in the summer. The 'failed medical' was an agreed media statement between the 2 clubs, but the reality was that Cheaterfield wanted the agreed fee up front and Birmingham were only willing to pay it in installments over the length of the contract. No middle ground could be found, so they walked away, leaving them with a very disapointed player.
No doubt some of their fans will deny the above, but it came from a lifelong fan of nearly 60 years who has told me a lot of stuff over the years way before it has become public knowledge, so I am inclined to believe it.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby bacs » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:53 pm

He doesn’t fit the system we play now, similar to the situation you had with clucas. and if rumours are to be believed he will be signing for stockport next week.

Personally I do believe since the birmingham fiasco he looks disinterested and absolutely nothing to do with fitness.
bacs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:53 pm

The reality is the 3 up 3 down system should happen, though of course chesterfield and county being down in the bananarama league means it would of course benefit both of them.

Sides like county and chesterfield probably wouldn’t be all that far off us quality wise, and there’s a clear lack of quality at the bottom of league 2.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:12 pm

bacs wrote:He doesn’t fit the system we play now, similar to the situation you had with clucas. and if rumours are to be believed he will be signing for stockport next week.

Personally I do believe since the birmingham fiasco he looks disinterested and absolutely nothing to do with fitness.
Perhaps we should put a cheeky bid in for him, say £50k.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bacs wrote:He doesn’t fit the system we play now, similar to the situation you had with clucas. and if rumours are to be believed he will be signing for stockport next week.

Why should we pay over the odds?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:39 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Why should we pay over the odds?
: It would be worth £50k just to read the reaction on "Blob's bored" :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:01 pm

Seems as though Stockport are rumoured to be signing all comers in January?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby BenJwells » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:13 pm

oldweststander wrote:Seems as though Stockport are rumoured to be signing all comers in January?

They've got some money, similar to us when we had Evans/Flitcroft, not scared to gamble and go for it, certainly throwing the wages around

Thyve just opened a big outdoor fan park/ bar, had the pitch done with that sythentic fibre Wembley has and are planning a big stadium expansion to 25K
BenJwells
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:55 am

"Danny Rowe (32) is to have health checks before deciding on his Chesterfield future. He missed a large chunk of last season because of a health issue. He has been at AFC Fylde this season, scoring twice in 10 appearances, but he has not played since the middle of November and his loan until January has now come to an end. But before he comes back into the Spireites fold or is potentially loaned out again, the forward will undergo some checks."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Laney_MTFC » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:24 am

View PostBenno Spire, on 05 January 2023 - 04:03 PM, said:

Which proves Wrexham are running scared off us!!

I do enjoy their delusion sometimes, wrexham are 10x better than them.
Laney_MTFC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:48 am

;) Have they sold The Million Dollar man yet :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:56 pm

It must be something to do with the initials of the club. There’s a CFC in Scotland whose fans are just as deluded as this lot. It’s quite embarrassing really.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:07 pm

Dan wrote:It must be something to do with the initials of the club. There’s a CFC in Scotland whose fans are just as deluded as this lot. It’s quite embarrassing really.

Do they actually play football in Scotland Dan? :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:58 pm

I see WBA scored 3 minutes into injury time to make it 3-3 to deny the sheep going through in FA Cup.

So replay at WBA :)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:11 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:I see WBA scored 3 minutes into injury time to make it 3-3 to deny the sheep going through in FA Cup.

Not bad drawing with a side 3 divisions above while we’re throwing away a 2 goal lead at home to the footballing hotbed of barrow.

Fair play to them.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:14 pm

Tbf Asante should have been off just before scoring equaliser looking at the highlights…

Oh well
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:22 pm

adamstag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:I see WBA scored 3 minutes into injury time to make it 3-3 to deny the sheep going through in FA Cup.

Not bad drawing with a side 3 divisions above while we’re throwing away a 2 goal lead at home to the footballing hotbed of barrow.

Fair play to them.

You don’t get our rivalry do you Adam :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:36 pm

Amberheart wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Fair play to them.

Yeah, i can’t stand them.

However, being an adult i can still doff my imaginary cap to them even while i smiled when i saw the last minute equaliser go in :D

Hopefully they draw someone big in the 4th round, lose sight of the league like last season (get knocked out in the replay) and they don’t come up.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:49 pm

adamstag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Fair play to them.

Yeah, i can’t stand them.

However, being an adult i can still doff my imaginary cap to them even while i smiled when i saw the last minute equaliser go in :D

Hopefully they draw someone big in the 4th round, lose sight of the league like last season (get knocked out in the replay) and they don’t come up.

Lol oooohhhh football hatred lol
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:10 pm

See Wrexham went one better and scored 4 away from home to win at championship Coventry.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:45 am

They were showing the highlights at half time of the sheff wed game in the pub, I still turned my back to the telly and asked the landlady to turn it off. Can’t stand em and never will :D
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Birchy1 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:49 pm

All 4 (four) sides were full yesterday and one hell of an atmosphere. Clear penalty for us in 2nd half not given and their 3rd goal scorer shouldn't have been on the pitch due to an elbow. The irony is our player who was elbowed, a right back, had to go off the pitch and wasn't allowed back on when the offender, Asante, scored. Ah well, we deserved to win. Played some terrific football against a good Albion side.
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:55 pm

Well done for winning the "We nearly won " cup " , you can put it next to the " We scored against Chelsea " cup

Enjoy Wealdstone on Tuesday night....

#dillydilly
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum