{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:00 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
chambta wrote:This lad we've signed is the one who had a slash at the side of your stand isn't he?

Any good?

The fact that having a slash was his most memorable contribution pretty much says it all :lol:

Came to us after scoring 27 goals for oxford city the season before but never really looked fit or interested to be honest and struggled to re-capture the previous seasons form (think he only got 4/5 goals for us).

If he can find the form he hit at Solihull back in 2019 could be agood signing i guess.

Do find it intriguing that your still signing players thou... That squad must be massive for the NL by now!
Doesn't matter if they can pass some of their wage bill onto the tax payer Gaz.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:17 am

chambta wrote:This lad we've signed is the one who had a slash at the side of your stand isn't he?

Any good?

Could never do more than 45 mins, knackered after 10 minutes. Not a aerial threat. Does get into tight positions in and around the box though
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:23 am

Any good?

It wasn’t our stand
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:22 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Any good?

The fact that having a slash was his most memorable contribution pretty much says it all :lol:

Came to us after scoring 27 goals for oxford city the season before but never really looked fit or interested to be honest and struggled to re-capture the previous seasons form (think he only got 4/5 goals for us).

If he can find the form he hit at Solihull back in 2019 could be agood signing i guess.

Do find it intriguing that your still signing players thou... That squad must be massive for the NL by now!

When do the new poll tax bill go out in Chesterfield. Going to be astronomical.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:35 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Any good?

I smell a rat, traitor Gaz!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Not only are taxpayers paying to furlough players but it would now appear a number of players have been given the Covid vaccine by a local health centre rather than waste the doses. A number of staff have received the same.

Chesterfield say all those immunised fall into the vulnerable group. I can’t say I know many professional footballers who are vulnerable.

Other national league clubs now say Chesterfield will have an advantage and view it as a form of cheating.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chacawab » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:25 pm

Same old Spireites, always cheating!
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:58 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Not only are taxpayers paying to furlough players but it would now appear a number of players have been given the Covid vaccine by a local health centre rather than waste the doses. A number of staff have received the same.

Chesterfield say all those immunised fall into the vulnerable group. I can’t say I know many professional footballers who are vulnerable.

Other national league clubs now say Chesterfield will have an advantage and view it as a form of cheating.

How are they getting away with both these issues?
Regarding the vaccine, even if the vaccines were going to be wasted I'm pretty sure that they could of been offered to people more at risk, i. e, the police, nursery staff., 70 year old.s. It would be interesting to know how the direites got to know about these vaccinations that were going spare? I really can't see that a distribution centre rang them up to say they have a few vaccinations going spare.
To furlough players and then to sign additional player and now this. They are really the lowest of the low
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:04 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:06 pm

Always cheating
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:21 pm

tmwilson wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Not only are taxpayers paying to furlough players but it would now appear a number of players have been given the Covid vaccine by a local health centre rather than waste the doses. A number of staff have received the same.

Regarding the vaccine, even if the vaccines were going to be wasted I'm pretty sure that they could of been offered to people more at risk, i. e, the police, nursery staff., 70 year old.s. It would be interesting to know how the direites got to know about these vaccinations that were going spare? I really can't see that a distribution centre rang them up to say they have a few vaccinations going spare.
To furlough players and then to sign additional player and now this. They are really the lowest of the low
Last edited by Amber Andy on Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:39 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
tmwilson wrote:

Over the years you tend to get immune to what they get up to. However, nothing has changed. The furlough issue, even if it's correct what they say about it being within the rules, to me is morally wrong. The fact that some of their players have somehow got the vaccine stinks to high heaven. To pass it off as it was spare vaccines given to those in a vulnerable group beggars belief. Maybe the medical surgery should be asked some questions as well.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:12 pm

Not defending the cheats in any way, but it is a fact that some people don't turn up for vaccination appointments for whatever reason and any unused vaccines from the batch that has been delivered to the vaccination centres would have to be thrown away at the end of the session. Therefore, most of the centres have contact details for key workers in their area who can be called in at short notice to get the jab rather than them being wasted. How it is decided who is contacted is down to the local health authority that is responsible for administering the vaccination process.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:25 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Not defending the cheats in any way, but it is a fact that some people don't turn up for vaccination appointments for whatever reason and any unused vaccines from the batch that has been delivered to the vaccination centres would have to be thrown away at the end of the session. Therefore, most of the centres have contact details for key workers in their area who can be called in at short notice to get the jab rather than them being wasted. How it is decided who is contacted is down to the local health authority that is responsible for administering the vaccination process.
I understand that Dave and every vaccine is precious and should not be wasted. What I can't understand is why a local school, police station or even a supermarket could not have been contacted and the vaccine used on front line workers.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:39 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Not defending the cheats in any way, but it is a fact that some people don't turn up for vaccination appointments for whatever reason and any unused vaccines from the batch that has been delivered to the vaccination centres would have to be thrown away at the end of the session. Therefore, most of the centres have contact details for key workers in their area who can be called in at short notice to get the jab rather than them being wasted. How it is decided who is contacted is down to the local health authority that is responsible for administering the vaccination process.
I understand that Dave and every vaccine is precious and should not be wasted. What I can't understand is why a local school, police station or even a supermarket could not have been contacted and the vaccine used on front line workers.

Is the football ground the vaccination centre?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:40 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

As I said, the process for using the left over vaccines will be dealt with locally. The club themselves will not have been able to 'jump the queue' without someone else's say so. The important thing is that the number of vaccinated people continues to increase. To some extent, footballers are front line as they are having to come into close contact with other people while not masked in order to carry out their jobs. This then puts their immediate family at risk as well.
There will always be a case of some people getting the vaccine before others who have a higher need. Being in my very early 50s, I am in the 9th (and final at the moment) priority group but I am lucky enough to be able to safely work from home full time, only leaving the house for exercise and shopping. Meanwhile, there are people only a few years younger than me that are having to go to work on a daily basis but will just be part of the general rollout.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

That ground that’s in a Supermarket car park?

What a vile club

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:03 pm

The thing that upsets me in this is the fact the club says all of those receiving the vaccine were vulnerable. It included members of the first team squad who surely can’t fall into that category so why all the bovine droppings.

I also don’t know for sure but if this was left over vaccine, surely it must have been late in the day when it was known it wasn’t all going to be used. How many footballers are still in the stadium in the late afternoon/early evening?

I’m not going to be easily convinced this was a last resort inoculation.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:04 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

What a vile club

It's a testing centre but not a vaccination centre.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:07 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

What a vile club

It's a testing centre but not a vaccination centre.

So how close are these players to the vaccination centre? I refuse to believe that there were no more worthy candidates than players.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:09 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

What a vile club

I’ll take that with a pinch of salt from an angry leather clad whopper like yourself.

Are you breaking lockdown rules to go and meet like-minded men or are you restricted your ‘activities’ to the internet until it’s over?
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:18 pm

chambta wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

What a vile club

I’ll take that with a pinch of salt from an angry leather clad whopper like yourself.

Are you breaking lockdown rules to go and meet like-minded men or are you restricted your ‘activities’ to the internet until it’s over?

Saucy that reminds me , time for bed :D Leather man STAG :D

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:20 pm

Chambta. What is your view regarding some players receiving the covid 19 vaccine?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:46 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:The thing that upsets me in this is the fact the club says all of those receiving the vaccine were vulnerable. It included members of the first team squad who surely can’t fall into that category so why all the bovine droppings.

I also don’t know for sure but if this was left over vaccine, surely it must have been late in the day when it was known it wasn’t all going to be used. How many footballers are still in the stadium in the late afternoon/early evening?

What puzzles me is if the Vaccine Centre has a contact list for any spare vaccine why is the local football club on the list? Surely there are other places with more suitable clientele. For example staff from the three supermarkets in the close vacinity. They would have older workers who are front line.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:49 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:The thing that upsets me in this is the fact the club says all of those receiving the vaccine were vulnerable. It included members of the first team squad who surely can’t fall into that category so why all the bovine droppings.

What puzzles me is if the Vaccine Centre has a contact list for any spare vaccine why is the local football club on the list? Surely there are other places with more suitable clientele. For example staff from the three supermarkets in the close vacinity. They would have older workers who are front line.

Exactly, it's a crock of sheep raspberry
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum