{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sincil Bank Rehabilitation Centre for Former Stags' Strikers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Sincil Bank Rehabilitation Centre for Former Stags' Stri

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Any idea of the transfer fee?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed May 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Woodyard was the only lincoln I would have wanted to sign.He was excellent against us.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 30, 2018 3:44 pm

geoffhill wrote:Woodyard was the only lincoln I would have wanted to sign.He was excellent against us.

I just looked at his wiki and was surprised to see that this year was his first in the league
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 31, 2018 9:24 am

Happy Birthday to Rheady. 35 League Starts and 8 goals was excellent this season. Some Lincoln fans though seem to think he might go back to being an impact sub next season. I'd have him at the Stags as an impact sub but Rheady will want to start games at this point in his career. The move to Lincoln worked out brilliant for him.

https://wearetheimps.com/2018/05/27/wha ... ng-season/

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu May 31, 2018 10:59 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Any idea of the transfer fee?

He had a release cause around the 200k mark.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 31, 2018 2:46 pm

I reckon the big man will be forever grateful to Coxy for plucking him out of the lower reaches of non league and kick starting his career again.
He's had a wonderful few years with us and t'Imps, and when he eventually hangs up his boots he'll have some cherished memories.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Didn’t realise there hadn’t been any posts on this thread at all this season.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:13 pm

We need the mods to suffer from a little more OCD when organising this forum :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:13 pm

Lincoln fans (or their Plastic Supporters!) are getting restless. Over reliance on set pieces, other sides play better football, Akinde can't head the ball and only scores from penalties, wanted to sign Mo Eisa and got Lee Angol, moan, moan, moan

https://staceywest.net/2019/02/03/58-ho ... -1-1-imps/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:04 am

All clubs have moaners so why shouldn't Lincoln?

Although they are top and will undoubtedly get promoted, their style of play will bring its fair share of moans and groans. Fans turn a blind eye to negative football when it's working and most games end in a win. Lincoln are being reeled in and the great unwashed are getting nervous at the prospect and that is why, I suggest, the negative comments are increasing.

It didn't take us long to moan about Coxy when we got found out back in the league and it won't take long for the Imps fans to shout for the Cowleys heads when they struggle next year. If they have any sense, they will jump ship in the close season, before they get the sack in November.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:24 pm

Lincoln will do what Lincoln always do. Bottle it. Year after year, at this level, Lincoln look a good shout for autos then they bottle it. They end up in the play offs and bottle it again at Wembley. Its what they've always done. They are dropping points now and will slowly drop down the table. They gap has nearly closed now and they are dwindling in form.

Having said that though we always look like we may sneak the play offs but invariably either miss out or lose in the fidst round of play offs. So I guess this year could be our and Lincolns year.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Lincoln will do what Lincoln always do. Bottle it. Year after year, at this level, Lincoln look a good shout for autos then they bottle it. They end up in the play offs and bottle it again at Wembley. Its what they've always done. They are dropping points now and will slowly drop down the table. They gap has nearly closed now and they are dwindling in form.

Having said that though we always look like we may sneak the play offs but invariably either miss out or lose in the first round of play offs. So I guess this year could be our and Lincolns year.

Lincoln have only been to Wembley once and won last season in the Checkatrade or whatever its called?
I think Lincoln will go up automatically this year, hopefully finishing at least one place below us.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:52 pm

I'm not really sure I ever remember Lincoln bottling anything. If they did, I'm not sure that they're renowned for it.

That article was very interesting for me, had no idea of the moaning undercurrent, and especially with Akinde. Shows that whatever the position and however they've got there, there are always supporters bringing it down.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:58 pm

ST4GS wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Lincoln will do what Lincoln always do. Bottle it. Year after year, at this level, Lincoln look a good shout for autos then they bottle it. They end up in the play offs and bottle it again at Wembley. Its what they've always done. They are dropping points now and will slowly drop down the table. They gap has nearly closed now and they are dwindling in form.

Having said that though we always look like we may sneak the play offs but invariably either miss out or lose in the first round of play offs. So I guess this year could be our and Lincolns year.

Lincoln have only been to Wembley once and won last season in the Checkatrade or whatever its called?
I think Lincoln will go up automatically this year, hopefully finishing at least one place below us.

It was 3/4 seasons in a row they lose in the playoffs around 2004-6 etc - the finals were at the millennium stadium
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:01 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Lincoln fans (or their Plastic Supporters!) are getting restless. Over reliance on set pieces, other sides play better football, Akinde can't head the ball and only scores from penalties, wanted to sign Mo Eisa and got Lee Angol, moan, moan, moan

Worst set of fans in the league. They love saying 'big spending Mansfield' even thought I bet they're playing budget is very similar to ours.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Stag95 wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Lincoln fans (or their Plastic Supporters!) are getting restless. Over reliance on set pieces, other sides play better football, Akinde can't head the ball and only scores from penalties, wanted to sign Mo Eisa and got Lee Angol, moan, moan, moan

Worst set of fans in the league. They love saying 'big spending Mansfield' even thought I bet they're playing budget is very similar to ours.

you'd think they were doing an Accrington the way they keep harping on about us.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:01 pm

adamstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

It was 3/4 seasons in a row they lose in the playoffs around 2004-6 etc - the finals were at the millennium stadium

5 seasons on the trot all with Alan Marriott in net. We were involved in the same play offs in 03/04 and we both lost to Huddersfield. In 01/02 the year we finished 3rd and were promoted to Division 2 (L1) they finished 22nd. Lincoln lost to Bournemouth in 02/03, 5-2 at the Millenium Stadium. Huddersfield 03/04. Southend 2-0 at the Millenium Stadium in 04/05. Grimsby 05/06. Bristol Rovers 06/07. They then finished 15th in 07/08 the year we were relegated from the FL. They followed us down 3 years later and spent 6 years in the doldrums.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:07 pm

They also forget the year we wen't up, we won 0-1 @ Sincil Bank and there were only 1,600 Gimps there.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Sneag wrote:They also forget the year we wen't up, we won 0-1 @ Sincil Bank and there were only 1,600 Gimps there.

To many modern day gimps fan Lincoln City FC was only established in 2017 after the third round of the FA Cup.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:36 pm

'No blame, no shame' - Lincoln City supporters defend John Akinde amid criticism for penalty miss

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... ln-2506769

Give Akinde a break - five talking points from Lincoln City's draw at Notts County

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... ng-2501903
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby 8th Notts » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:11 pm

They think they are so much better than us. Lincoln is a poo hole
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby 8th Notts » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Check out @SoccerAM’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/109 ... 83489?s=09
Hoof merchants
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MOTG » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 pm

At a recent Imps Forum Danny Cowley accused both David Flitcroft and Keith Curle of trying to influence the referee before games!
The Cheek of it !!
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:36 am

MOTG wrote:At a recent Imps Forum Danny Cowley accused both David Flitcroft and Keith Curle of trying to influence the referee before games!
The Cheek of it !!

Cowley is a prize nob!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum