{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Can I watch a match on iFollow when I'm outside the UK?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Can I watch a match on iFollow when I'm outside the UK?

Postby stag861 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:11 am

During April I will be in Lanzarote celebrating the good lady wife's significant birthday.
I have a query about using IFollow abroad.
The Forest Green game is an evening kickoff so I assume that I can buy a normal IFollow match pass.
However, the home game against Crawley is a Saturday 3pm kick off.
Can I just buy a match pass for this? If so how does IFollow know I am abroad? Simple English please.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Can you teach an old dog a new trick?

Postby Gruff » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:31 am

When you connect to the Internet, your PC, phone etc. is allocated an IP Address. This basically identifies whereabouts you are. So a UK IP address will look different from a Spanish IP Address. You PC/tablet/laptop will appear in Spain.

If you had a thing called a VPN, you can disguise where your IP address is coming from, so you could make your UK-based PC look like it is in Spain even though it isn't.

I think you can just buy a match pass and as long as you're on Spain, or appear to be in Spain, it should work... but Martin will be able to confirm.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ST4GS » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm

stag861 wrote:During April I will be in Lanzarote celebrating the good lady wife's significant birthday.
I have a query about using IFollow abroad.
The Forest Green game is an evening kickoff so I assume that I can buy a normal IFollow match pass.
However, the home game against Crawley is a Saturday 3pm kick off.
Can I just buy a match pass for this? If so how does IFollow know I am abroad? Simple English please.
Thought this thread was on the topic of can we avoid the collapse like at the back end of 2018-19 ??
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 pm

The question is basically - can I watch a match on iFollow when I'm outside the UK. And the answer is simply, yes.

Your laptop or phone will know you are outside the UK from the IP address when you connect to the wifi outside the UK.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Can I watch a match on iFollow when I'm outside the UK?

Postby Jimstag » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:46 pm

So just make sure you’re connected to reliable WiFi/broadband and proceed as normal
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Re: Can I watch a match on iFollow when I'm outside the UK?

Postby stag861 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:42 am

Thanks for the answers, just hope for decent Wifi
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum