{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hospitality

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hospitality

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:37 pm

zod wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:I brought two Ipswich supporting mates to the Colchester game. They enjoyed the match, but they couldn’t believe how bad the food was and they both commented on how rubbish the pre-match music is. The songs we play before kickoff do absolutely nothing to generate an atmosphere. Surely nobody likes listening to Mansfield Magic and the wonder of you.

You can email the club requests for songs to be played.
In fact, give us a list of your songs so we can see how the club can improve.

Respectfully, I don’t think we should trust the average stags fan to pick and email in songs that fit the purpose of generating a good pre-match atmosphere. It’s absolute tripe every week, culminating in Mansfield Magic and the Wonder of you.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:36 pm

Genuinely never paid any heed to it and we get there early so hear most of it. I do find it odd that this was the thing that stood out to your friends.

I would be loathe to get rid of Mansfield Magic though!
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:43 pm

The wonder of you remake is the most tragic thing that’s ever happened in the history of not only our club but football in general.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:21 pm

zod wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:I brought two Ipswich supporting mates to the Colchester game. They enjoyed the match, but they couldn’t believe how bad the food was and they both commented on how rubbish the pre-match music is. The songs we play before kickoff do absolutely nothing to generate an atmosphere. Surely nobody likes listening to Mansfield Magic and the wonder of you.

You can email the club requests for songs to be played.
In fact, give us a list of your songs so we can see how the club can improve.

They still play Mansfield magic and wonder if you every week though :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:34 pm

At least Sweet Caroline binned
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:34 pm

The songs are pretty crap but Mansfield Magic should never be replaced. So naff it's cool.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:42 pm

Mansfield Magic is one of the greatest football songs ever made. If we were in the top league it would’ve sold thousands of copies.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:42 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:The wonder of you remake is the most tragic thing that’s ever happened in the history of not only our club but football in general.

Just because me and lifestags sung on the original recording with that Elvis impersonator. :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:29 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:The wonder of you remake is the most tragic thing that’s ever happened in the history of not only our club but football in general.

It's the absolute toe curling pits. Every recording of it needs to be thrown into the fires of Mount Doom.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:05 am

Mansfield Magic and On the Ball are uniquely ours, the Wonder of You is horrific and embarrassing. It needs the treatment Sneag suggests and then pissing on.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:02 am

Got to agree to pre match music is poor .....but most of all the sound system is even more embarrassing
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 am

Oladamber66 wrote:Got to agree to pre match music is poor .....but most of all the sound system is even more embarrassing

Thank heavens its not just me. I can never hear the announcements with any clarity at all
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby zod » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:48 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Oladamber66 wrote:Got to agree to pre match music is poor .....but most of all the sound system is even more embarrassing

Thank heavens its not just me. I can never hear the announcements with any clarity at all

Eh?
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:47 pm

zod wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Eh?

:D
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:58 pm

we really should invest in a quality new sound system, the one at Sheff Wed was quality, ours is embarrassing

it would be a great opportunity to create an atmosphere pre-match
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:29 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:we really should invest in a quality new sound system, the one at Sheff Wed was quality, ours is embarrassing

some decent tunes would help as well
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:36 pm

The one at Sheff Wed was embarrassing, masking the fact home supporters don’t sing and playing out crowd noise.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:04 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:we really should invest in a quality new sound system, the one at Sheff Wed was quality, ours is embarrassing

some decent tunes would help as well

Faithless - Insomnia
Mauro Picotto - Lizard
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby iansmith » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:35 pm

Rob wrote:Mansfield Magic and On the Ball are uniquely ours, the Wonder of You is horrific and embarrassing. It needs the treatment Sneag suggests and then pissing on.

I think a few are overthinking this. All football anthems are pretty naff. Perhaps the best of the bunch was first sung by Liverpool fans in the early 60s But even that was taken from a 1940s stage musical. So it doesn’t get much worse than that.

Apologies in advance if I embarrass anyone, but I’ll be belting out yellows yellows on Monday, probably followed by a song about a tin pot trophy we won in 1987. Naff songs perhaps but at least they’re ours. Or alternatively, perhaps it best just to sit in silence like the bad old days!
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Oladamber66 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:48 pm

Insomnia by faithless ....perfect for either walking out or after scoring.....but we all know this wont happen ....time to shake off those old tunes and step up
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:16 pm

Oladamber66 wrote:Insomnia by faithless ....perfect for either walking out or after scoring.....but we all know this wont happen ....time to shake off those old tunes and step up

Shake off those old tunes and step up with a hit from 1996 :lol:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:42 pm

Oladamber66 wrote:Insomnia by faithless ....perfect for either walking out or after scoring.....but we all know this wont happen ....time to shake off those old tunes and step up

Nothing wrong with on the ball to walk out too and anyone over the age of 10 caught dancing to goal music should be lined up and shot.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:46 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

Shake off those old tunes and step up with a hit from 1996 :lol:

So very true .....just keep the old corny stuff along with the gramophone sounding sound system
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:42 pm

Waterfront by Simple Minds to come out to........especially waiting until after the bass intro has warmed everyone up.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:03 pm

Glasgow rangers I think ,Penny Arcade The best
daddycool
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum