{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wrexham Away tickets.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wrexham Away tickets.

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:54 am

part time pete wrote:What should have happened was that you couldn’t buy a Wrexham ticket until all the Tranmere game ticket holders had chance to buy them first.

Why?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:58 am

Sneag wrote:
part time pete wrote:What should have happened was that you couldn’t buy a Wrexham ticket until all the Tranmere game ticket holders had chance to buy them first.

Why?

Just feel sorry for them who travel up and down the country to places like Tranmere, Newport, Forest Green ect.and are denied a ticket by folk who think they might see a couple of Hollywood stars.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:10 am

We’re basically averaging 1200 odd away from home this season anyway so they’ll be majority regulars and PEAR CIDER
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:11 am

Rules are rules. We don't have a points system or anything to sort out priority. We probably should have next season and no I don't have a ticket,, but people moaning now when they knew the rules and missed out is pointless and boring.

1000 tickets and 5000 season ticket holders, there were always going to be games where people missed out.

Needs looking at for next season and going forward. But to introduce someone now or recently wouldn't be right, IMO.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:22 am

part time pete wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Why?

Just feel sorry for them who travel up and down the country to places like Tranmere, Newport, Forest Green ect.and are denied a ticket by folk who think they might see a couple of Hollywood stars.

What about those who work all week & can't get to midweek games (home or away) and still buy STs?

No one is buying a ticket for this game in the hope of catching a glimpse of Deadpool or the one thst no one's ever heard of.

5,000 ST holders into away allocations of under 1,200 doesn't go, it's the price of success innit.

Barrow will be worse & there won't be any film stars there. At least MK & Bradford have bigaway allocations.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Pitkin » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:33 am

I have a question and if its been asked already apologies for repeating...however, when it says 9pm ticket sales start, how come someone goes online and gets 2 tickets in the 'basket' to purchase at 8.30pm?
I went on at 8.56 and was faced with a 4 hour wait....which went down of course, but by 9.12 it was saying tickets had gone.
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags Head Stags » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:39 am

Pitkin wrote:I have a question and if its been asked already apologies for repeating...however, when it says 9pm ticket sales start, how come someone goes online and gets 2 tickets in the 'basket' to purchase at 8.30pm?
I went on at 8.56 and was faced with a 4 hour wait....which went down of course, but by 9.12 it was saying tickets had gone.

I logged on at half 8 and waited in a virtual queue until the website let me on at 9pm.

I don’t believe anyone would have been able to add tickets prior to 9pm.
Stags Head Stags
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:56 am

Yeh, you cannot add to the Basket prior to be allowed access. The queue is a new one, its never done that before early.

It normally opens up, allows X amount of connections, then forms a queue once those who have access first log off.

PS Sod off Richard
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger_Sausage » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:11 am

part time pete wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Why?

But I went to Newport, and Forest Green, and I have ticket for Wrexham. I can't go to Tranmere tomorrow because I won't finish work in time, I'll be at Bradford on Saturday though. Why should I not be able to go to Wrexham?

It's very hard to come up with a "fair" way of distributing away tickets when the supply/demand ratio is so far out of kilter. A points based system is ok in theory, but how do you decide the criteria? Not everyone can get to a midweek game because of their work or family situation, is doesn't make them less of a fan. Same as people who haven't got season tickets because they can't get to enough games to justify it, aren't less of a fan...they might have spent double the cost of a season ticket on general admission home games and merchandise etc throughout the season or whatever. I certainly don't turn my nose up or begrudge anyone getting to any game they can, we're all meant to be united for the same cause, supporting the Stags. That support takes many different forms, whether it's someone who only gets to 2 or 3 home games a year because they're skint, or is at the other end of scale and hasn't missed a game for 30 years.

I get when people are annoyed when they can't get to a match or ground that they've set their heart on, because I've been there myself on several occasions over the years. But it's just part and parcel of following any team isn't it, especially in the lower leagues? We should think ourselves lucky that we don't have to wait for someone to die or sit on a waiting list for season tickets for 5 years like the bigger teams!

Don't hate the player, hate the game etc.
Roger_Sausage
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:16 am

I’ll be watching it standing up on a portable in the empty fan zone with a £12 pint from Sandys :D
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags Head Stags » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:30 am

Whatever the club do will divide opinion and won’t please everybody.

If someone has travelled to each and every away game this season but misses out on a Wrexham ticket that is unfortunate and I certainly wouldn’t begrudge them having first dibs in a priority sale before general ST holders but the issue lies with how the club would do it.

Accrue loyalty points per away fixture and when they do go on sale they go on sale to ST holders with X amount of points and work down a list as such before having a general ST window after 3/4 rounds.

The issue is obviously how far do you go back? Before we had this new ticketing system there was no way of proving who had purchased what games etc.

Or do we stay as we are and have a free for all at 9pm on Sunday evenings?
Stags Head Stags
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stag861 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:46 am

For the first time in over a decade the Grumpy Old Men could not get tickets. I assume it will be the same for Barrow where we have attended Avery game for fifteen years or so.
Fair enough. We have had a good run. I hope all those going to Wrexham are regulars to away games. The foggy night at FGR, the trips to Wrexham I n the conference etc.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:49 am

Sneag wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Why?

What about those who work all week & can't get to midweek games (home or away) and still buy STs?

No one is buying a ticket for this game in the hope of catching a glimpse of Deadpool or the one thst no one's ever heard of.

5,000 ST holders into away allocations of under 1,200 doesn't go, it's the price of success innit.

Barrow will be worse & there won't be any film stars there. At least MK & Bradford have bigaway allocations.

I agree and have always been totally against creating another "class" of supporter, even though I have also missed out on Wrexham and a couple of other away games this season by being too slow!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am

Priority should always be for those that went to Hereford on "that night"
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:34 am

victor A block wrote:Priority should always be for those that went to Hereford on "that night"

True :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:37 am

As we move up the leagues, the loyalty scheme is inevitable, and the right way of doing things.

This should be the order
Season Tickets + Points
Season Tickets
General Sale

Yes, people have family and work commitments in the week, however if you don't and you have the ability to go to every game, and DO go to every game you should get priority of someone who doesn't. I certainly wouldn't want to be taking a ticket from someone who goes more often than I do these days.

There will be a bit of pain to go through to set this up, as the points need to start from somewhere - and perhaps it starts with those who have season tickets for X amount of years, i dont know the answer.

I imagine though, if we start having a poor season, we're not going to be getting 1k plus rushing to get tickets unless its a new ground. We're on a success wave at the minute, we know all too well that this could easily die a death.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:07 pm

Downside of being a massive club UTS
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:08 pm

I vote for whichever system makes it most difficult for those miserable old boys on SSA travel that tell you off because you're sat in someone's seat, on a coach with unreserved seating (????)
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:09 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Why?

I agree and have always been totally against creating another "class" of supporter, even though I have also missed out on Wrexham and a couple of other away games this season by being too slow!

There's only one poster moaning Rob and it's the same one as usual. :lol:
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Paulstag » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:17 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:I vote for whichever system makes it most difficult for those miserable old boys on SSA travel that tell you off because you're sat in someone's seat, on a coach with unreserved seating (????)

Now you are for it.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Kernow » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:18 pm

Been down to collect our tickets , club are in discussion with company about how to set up a fair loyalty system.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby PostmanPat » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:27 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:We’re basically averaging 1200 odd away from home this season anyway so they’ll be majority regulars and PEAR CIDER

Can you sit where you want at away games?
PostmanPat
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:03 pm

victor A block wrote:Priority should always be for those that went to Hereford on "that night"

Nah, there was something important riding on that one encouraging people to go.
Priority should go to people who went to meaningless long distance Tuesday night away games in the Haslam years, such as the 35 at Swansea in October 1997. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:04 pm

Kernow wrote:Been down to collect our tickets , club are in discussion with company about how to set up a fair loyalty system.
You would hope the current system would be flexible enough to cope. Record purchases and allows staggered purchases based on set criteria. Ie Wrexham away. Requires 5 away purchases for season 23-24. Then 3. Then 1. Then season tickets. Then general sale. Same might be needed next season for home matches to present Derby or Sheff Wed buying home tickets.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby stagtastic1 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:37 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

Nah, there was something important riding on that one encouraging people to go.
Priority should go to people who went to meaningless long distance Tuesday night away games in the Haslam years, such as the 35 at Swansea in October 1997. ;)

Going further back, early 1970’s I can recall a stags fan with his own small taxi firm (Mawers) run from his home in Ladybrook who would run one or two to away matches.
I was at school at the time and attended matches with my mum and I am sure that not many more people attended, other than those taxi loads.
How times change eh, and long may they continue.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum