{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Swindon scorefred sponsored by let’s go again

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Swindon scorefred sponsored by let’s go again

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:37 pm

If he can start adding some more attempts on goal each game then he will be hugely impactful. His touch yesterday at times was sublime
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Aspleystag » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:58 pm

Do you ever consider it might be the players asking for an hour on the subs bench to give their mate a chance to be involved? There seems to be a greater team spirit about this team than we have had for a while, they seem to like the rotation, otherwise they would be complaining.
Aspleystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:02 pm

Must say…post match, I gave DKD some stick. Whilst still thinking he didn’t have his best game, watching the highlights back, his pass to Akins was great and his goal was fantastic. Holding my hands up…I was wrong. I think the tension of the game sometimes gets the better of your judgement :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:48 pm

DKD is a difference maker and a match winner but he is a very frustrating player at times. He can provide a great assist or score a brilliant goal one minute and then fail to make a simple pass and give the ball away to set up an opposition counter attack the next. Hang on.....that sounds like Lucas Akins as well. :lol: I suppose that's why these type of players spend most of their careers at League 1 or 2 level. It's the small margins that make the difference like defenders not keeping their concentration for the full 90 minutes as Gavin Gunning mentioned yesterday.

Some Stags fans were telling me after the game that there are rumours that Coventry City are interested in him. I had a chat with former Kiddy manager Steve Burr at Field Mill earlier this season who was doing some scouting for Hull City. I'm sure he had come to look at DKD. I think DKD will need to improve his build up and link up play if he is going to make it at Championship level. He's definitely good enough for League 1 but I'm not sure about the Championship.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:02 pm

PART TIME PETE forgot aTranny fred
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:40 pm

Dkd is one of them player where i think you won’t realise how good he is until he’s gone, if he helps us get to league 1 then he is right up there for me. I love watching him play, he is so dynamic in the way he moves with the ball.

Clough seems to give him loads of stick, during games and after game but then you look at the results he’s getting from DKD and you can’t really argue with the style of management.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:43 pm

Aspleystag wrote:Do you ever consider it might be the players asking for an hour on the subs bench to give their mate a chance to be involved? There seems to be a greater team spirit about this team than we have had for a while, they seem to like the rotation, otherwise they would be complaining.

I'm not sure about players asking for rotation to give their mates a run out, but I do think the players are buying into the system because it's working & pros love to win. The winning helps with the team spirit too, so it's a win win.

I do think this season NC has also adapted to the way he uses his subs. My main gripe with NC in previous seasons was that he never seemed very proactive with using subs. This season he's clearly playing every game with the intention of utilising 15 outfield players every game and he's bringing them into the game (or at least 3 of them) earlierthan he has in the past.

I don't know if this change is due to NC having more faith in the depth of his squad than previously or if our old dog has learned some new tricks since the change to having 5 subs. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:55 pm

I think it's the quality of the squad, he knows any changes he makes are unlikely to make us worse and often make us better, like yesterday.
Last edited by Rob on Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:44 pm

With Wrexham=Stockport=MKD all winning three points were vital and the tension mounts , Clough and the team got us 3 points while playing with the wrong players.
Only at Mansfield can you be Manager of the Month, top of the league and giving 100% effort to promotion., protecting your best players from suspension and from longer term injuries.
Using your squad to best effect, means the staring 11 is just the thin edge of a game plan
If you think Swindon was tense it will get worse.
I find it simple, In Nigel We Trust, works every time, already 14 points above 7th, so looking good for the play offs, with 10 games to go.
Oh and well done lads to be pegged back twice and still go on to win, shows grit and determination and a good team spirit.
Also well done the fans you are the 12th man. and what a season we are having making memories and what a ride,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:28 pm

bear 73 wrote:With Wrexham=Stockport=MKD all winning three points were vital and the tension mounts , Clough and the team got us 3 points while playing with the wrong players.
Only at Mansfield can you be Manager of the Month, top of the league and giving 100% effort to promotion., protecting your best players from suspension and from longer term injuries.
Using your squad to best effect, means the staring 11 is just the thin edge of a game plan
I find it simple, In Nigel We Trust, works every time, already 14 points above 7th, so looking good for the play offs, with 10 games to go.
Oh and well done lads to be pegged back twice and still go on to win, shows grit and determination and a good team spirit.
Also well done the fans you are the 12th man. and what a season we are having making memories and what a ride,

I don't wish to be rude, but comment removed
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:36 pm

Sneag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:With Wrexham=Stockport=MKD all winning three points were vital and the tension mounts , Clough and the team got us 3 points while playing with the wrong players.

Why is he an comment removed Sneag, it's as good an opinion as anyone's including maybe yours?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Clockworktarzan » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:40 pm

God almighty!
This forum just sucks the life out of me sometimes.
I stopped regularly commenting ages ago
because of just such a comment.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 pm

Clockworktarzan wrote:God almighty!
This forum just sucks the life out of me sometimes.
I stopped regularly commenting ages ago
because of just such a comment.

I know how you feel. I rarely post now.
Same old culprits arguing
Same old culprits slating the team and manager, even in the position we are in.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby mhs » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:28 pm

Can you ever make a post without criticising the fans of our club? It's just weird. Especially weird when we're turning out week after week in numbers i've never experienced.
I think you should setup cloughnet.net where you can talk strawberry to yourself.
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Clockworktarzan » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:43 pm

.!
Have I read the post wrong?
Where does he criticise the fans???
For God's sake!!!
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:09 pm

Clockworktarzan wrote:.!
For God's sake!!!

Chill out youth.
Twice you've used the Lords name in vain on the Sabbath, disgusting!!
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stagstown » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:27 pm

We’ve a good team a great fan base,Nigel does at times make some strange selections like selecteling Lewis ahead of Mariss and Clarke.He’s the manager so we have to go with him he’s got us top so we have to respect what he does even if we disagree.
Stagstown
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby mhs » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:38 pm

Clockworktarzan wrote:.!
For God's sake!!!

Here:
bear 73 wrote: Clough and the team got us 3 points while playing with the wrong players.

and here:
bear 73 wrote: Only at Mansfield can you be Manager of the Month, top of the league and giving 100% effort to promotion., protecting your best players from suspension and from longer term injuries.

If I've read it wrong then I'd be interested to hear the intended meaning.
Although I probably wouldn't understand that either.
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:48 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Why is he an comment removed Sneag, it's as good an opinion as anyone's including maybe yours?

Because he can never post without making some snidey dig at Stags fans. There's no need for it.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:51 pm

So people are allowed to be constantly negative but other people can't ever have the tiniest dig at those who are constantly negative?

It's tiring, it's boring, it's without substance and it's more than a little bit soul destroying.

Don't be surprised if that combination occasionally causes the other people to want to snap back.

There's a thread as recent as November 23 with more than one poster calling the manager useless and several more wanting him sacked, there's a thread as recent as January 24 with more than one poster saying the lack of activity in transfer window would cost us top 3.

Those comments come from the same people who question and criticise almost every starting 11 during the most successful season (to date) for decades.

At what point can you call that out for what it is?

Or is it just a case of shut up and let them rinse and repeat?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:55 pm

Sneag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Because he can never post without making some snidey dig at Stags fans. There's no need for it.

You make it sound like he's having a go at the collective fanbase, the same as gets said about me on occasions.

He's not and I'm not (and never have) had a go at the collective Stags fanbase, just at a very select group of a few who post on here who can't seem to appreciate when they're on to a good thing.

We're on to a good thing.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby mhs » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:13 pm

You abuse removed.

I can guarantee you that every 'negative poster' will be crying tears of joy should we get promoted this season.

cut out the abuse or next time will be your last post
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:17 pm

broomo wrote:So people are allowed to be constantly negative but other people can't ever have the tiniest dig at those who are constantly negative?

It's tiring, it's boring, it's without substance and it's more than a little bit soul destroying.

Don't be surprised if that combination occasionally causes the other people to want to snap back.

There's a thread as recent as November 23 with more than one poster calling the manager useless and several more wanting him sacked, there's a thread as recent as January 24 with more than one poster saying the lack of activity in transfer window would cost us top 3.

Those comments come from the same people who question and criticise almost every starting 11 during the most successful season (to date) for decades.

At what point can you call that out for what it is?

Or is it just a case of shut up and let them rinse and repeat?

Being positive or negative about a game or tactics or the direction the club is taking is a matter of opinion & like bungholes we all have them. ;)

You can be the biggest happy clapper or the worlds biggest negative vibe merchant and it matters not a jot to me because at the end of the day we're all Stags fans. We've been here throught the good times, the bad times and the so incredibly bad you would believe it times and we'll be here till either the club folds or we pop our cloggs.

Every post Bear makes, amongst the weird rambling drivel, it has that little barb in it aimed at those fans. It pisses me off, so for the benefit of my own blood pressure I've stuck him on mute.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:25 pm

Just a reminder (for those who haven't muted me), it is dead easy to put a poster as a foe.
Click on User control panel and click on Overview
You can then select Friends and foes. Simply add those you don't want to see and they will be muted
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:37 pm

The deliberately negative posters are in a tiny minority Broomo and their knee-jerk response to a defeat or even a draw aren’t worth the response they are looking for. There is though, a big difference between those posters and those who are worriers, glass half empty or have been burnt too many times before by the Stags. Bear doesn’t seem to distinguish the difference between the two and whilst I’m sure he doesn’t mean to he doesn’t half come across as just as antagonistic as those who throw their toys out the pram when we don’t get a win. It doesn’t need stating after every win that it happened despite what a section of Stagsnet posters said. To be fair to Bear he does praise the supporters in his post as well but he does have a talent for getting under the skin of even some of the most level headed posters on here.

Trust me, we know we are on to a good thing, but just like a winning lottery ticket most people won’t believe it until the bank balance is showing £League One’. Then there are those like me who are adamant we will win the league and have it sewn up comfortably and just by typing that there will be some who read it and think ‘now you’ve done it’.

On to Tranmere. The last time I went there some bloke clambered up a floodlight, got the game called off, results went against us and our relegation was confirmed whilst we hung around in a Tranmere car park. Actually, it was the second to last time I went there, I went to the rearranged game the following mid-week, even though we were now already down, we lost 3-1.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum