{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FGR scorefred sponsored by Making Vince-meat out of them

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FGR scorefred sponsored by Making Vince-meat out of them

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:43 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’ve been debating this with you long enough now to be sure that you’re deliberately ignoring what the stat is meant to show so I won’t push it any further :D

Oh go on I love it :lol: :lol:

I think the next one Dan would be average xG, xG divided by the number of shots.

Maybe they could come up with xG on target and xG off target. xG off target would be my favourite I think. Expected goals from shots off target. Sound right up stat websites street. To show how wasteful a side is.

To be honest I can read Dan's reaction to those stats now :D

But the stats are compiled from inaccurate, subjective data, as proven once again on this thread. They might give a rough indication, but no more than that. Anyway, there's a stats thread for those interested in this nonsense :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Re: FGR scorefred sponsored by Making Vince-meat out of them

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:05 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’ve been debating this with you long enough now to be sure that you’re deliberately ignoring what the stat is meant to show so I won’t push it any further :D

Oh go on I love it :lol: :lol:

I think the next one Dan would be average xG, xG divided by the number of shots.

Maybe they could come up with xG on target and xG off target. xG off target would be my favourite I think. Expected goals from shots off target. Sound right up stat websites street. To show how wasteful a side is.

To be honest I can read Dan's reaction to those stats now :D

Already exists.

xG off target cannot possibly exist.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum