{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jodi Jones indecent insult/FA launches investigation

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Jody Jones indecent insult.

Postby jpstags » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:45 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
jpstags wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:A good job for him it wasn't caught on camera because he'd probably face a FA charge. Not sure if he still can if someone else video'd it but I haven't seen any doing the rounds on twitter

Don't think it's necessary for anyone to try and provide footage. These things happen. He abused the fans, the fans abused him. Happens all the time and that's the end of it imo.

So it should be ignored. ? What about the fans at Sheff We’d racially abusing the away player should that be ignored as well ?

He was getting a lot of stick, he gave some back. As long as nobody overstepped the mark, I don't see the issue.

A grown man grabbing his crotch and gesticulating towards fans (some very young ) not over stepping the mark then. ?
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rightback » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:56 pm

Rightback
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:08 pm

Rightback wrote:https://youtu.be/O6VS5CjWPME?si=6tcOiWYs-_KZDWK7

County Vlog featuring Jones

Got bored with that one eyed raspberry after about 5 minutes.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:18 pm

it doesn't show the Jones incident.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby wink68 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:19 pm

Sneag wrote:

Got bored with that one eyed raspberry after about 5 minutes.

I now can't unsee him in bed.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:19 pm

It shows the bared backside which JPStags referred to
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:32 pm

looks like Jody Jones is going to be in trouble here if it’s reported as there in video evidence
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:39 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:It shows the bared backside which JPStags referred to

yorkshire stag wrote:looks like Jody Jones is going to be in trouble here if it’s reported as there in video evidence

that incident is not offensive, he's just adjusting his shorts, and there wouldn't be any action taken by the FA against that.

jpstags is referring to the genuinely offensive incident.

This is the offensive incident:

As the players left the pitch at half time, Jodi Jones grabbed his crotch and shook it at Stags fans in the West Stand, a totally inappropriate gesture, and he’s a lucky person that there’s no video camera on that side of the ground or he’d probably now be facing an FA charge.
https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1265

There has been no video footage of this, nor is there likely to be.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bear 73 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:49 pm

Abuse a card being used a lot like most things its gone from one extreme to the other.
Baiting opposition fans and players is par for the course, bad language normal even though children are present .
Thats the difference between a football stadium and a theatre.
It is the nature of the game most fans state it is banter, Violence or discrimination against a racial or ethnic group should not be tolerated.
Who would be a match official but it is the nature of the beast.
fans give it and should not be offended when they receive abuse back, who did not enjoy baiting county fans at full time.
What a joy baiting their players,, and fans. Bad language for many is abuse i give it at a match and take it ,
Abuse i would say Jody Jones got abuse, and the laws of the game will deal with over the top action., if required, me i take it with a pinch of salt,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:32 pm

bear 73 wrote:Abuse a card being used a lot like most things its gone from one extreme to the other.
Baiting opposition fans and players is par for the course, bad language normal even though children are present .
It is the nature of the game most fans state it is banter, Violence or discrimination against a racial or ethnic group should not be tolerated.
fans give it and should not be offended when they receive abuse back, who did not enjoy baiting county fans at full time.
What a joy baiting their players,, and fans. Bad language for many is abuse i give it at a match and take it ,
Abuse i would say Jody Jones got abuse, and the laws of the game will deal with over the top action., if required, me i take it with a pinch of salt,

Well said bear, completely agree, some apoear to want football to be played in a sterile, passionless environment. That's not the sport most of us love.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:12 pm

Rob wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Abuse a card being used a lot like most things its gone from one extreme to the other.

Well said bear, completely agree, some apoear to want football to be played in a sterile, passionless environment. That's not the sport most of us love.

You clearly didn't see what happened. If you had maybe you wouldn't be so flipant about the situation.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:26 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

You clearly didn't see what happened. If you had maybe you wouldn't be so flipant about the situation.

Considering players can get booked for celebrating goals with their own fans, then you'd think grabbing your junk and calling rival fans raspberries would draw some kind of sanction.

I'm not normally in agreement when fans get all precious about a player dishing a bit back to fans, but Jones was way OTT. Very lucky to get away without getting carded.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:37 pm

Sneag wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Considering players can get booked for celebrating goals with their own fans, then you'd think grabbing your junk and calling rival fans raspberries would draw some kind of sanction.

I'm not normally in agreement when fans get all precious about a player dishing a bit back to fans, but Jones was way OTT. Very lucky to get away without getting carded.

Well in answer to Grendon I did see it, it did not offend me (he'd been getting serious abuse from our fans, mostly deserved), it was, however, inappropriate and he is lucky it wasn't filmed as he'd probably have been charged by the FA. Everyone has there own "offended" tolerance level, mine is pretty high!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 pm

jpstags wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
jpstags wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:A good job for him it wasn't caught on camera because he'd probably face a FA charge. Not sure if he still can if someone else video'd it but I haven't seen any doing the rounds on twitter

Don't think it's necessary for anyone to try and provide footage. These things happen. He abused the fans, the fans abused him. Happens all the time and that's the end of it imo.

So it should be ignored. ? What about the fans at Sheff We’d racially abusing the away player should that be ignored as well ?

He was getting a lot of stick, he gave some back. As long as nobody overstepped the mark, I don't see the issue.

A grown man grabbing his crotch and gesticulating towards fans (some very young ) not over stepping the mark then. ?

It’s poor behaviour. It wouldn’t happen in any other walk of life, but it happens every week at every football grounds around the country, mostly in the opposite direction when unsurprisingly very little is said about it.

I didn’t see the gesture, but if I had would I be getting worked up about it? I don’t think so.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:36 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Well in answer to Grendon I did see it, it did not offend me (he'd been getting serious abuse from our fans, mostly deserved), it was, however, inappropriate and he is lucky it wasn't filmed as he'd probably have been charged by the FA. Everyone has there own "offended" tolerance level, mine is pretty high!

If I'd have been on my own I couldn't give a nuns chuff what he did, unfortunately I had my 6 year old grandson with me. He wasn't the only young child who witnessed it either. It was bang out of order and I'm amazed people are defending him
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:14 pm

Disgusting behaviour in front of families with young fans .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:53 pm

jpstags wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
jpstags wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Are you seriously comparing Jones grabbing his crotch with racism?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:59 pm

Amberheart wrote:Disgusting behaviour in front of families with young fans .

Are we going to be balanced though and call out the equivalent gestures and language on display in every section of the ground at every game? No, we're not. So let's give it a rest and move on from this silly, contrived outrage. It's live football. We all know what to expect when we bring our kids.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:50 am

Quite agree Paris. If you bring your 6 year old to a football game and expect to hear no bad language then you are going to the wrong place I am afraid.
Saturday afternoon at the local face painting club is probably more apt.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:21 am

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Beep
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Pitkin » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:40 am

ParisStag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:Disgusting behaviour in front of families with young fans .

Are we going to be balanced though and call out the equivalent gestures and language on display in every section of the ground at every game? No, we're not. So let's give it a rest and move on from this silly, contrived outrage. It's live football. We all know what to expect when we bring our kids.

Absolutely, the 'Outrage Bus' is really full this morning...
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby zod » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:03 am

trenty wrote:I have watched a YouTube blog from a County fan which has a different incident involving him showing his bare arse but I don’t know how to do the image thing

Send me the link and I'll do it
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:12 am

zod wrote:
trenty wrote:I have watched a YouTube blog from a County fan which has a different incident involving him showing his bare arse but I don’t know how to do the image thing

Send me the link and I'll do it

It’s already been posted. It’s in the vlog by the County fan but it appears he’s doing it towards the Notts fans in the North Stand not Mansfield fans. It’s the same incident Martin describes as adjusting his shorts.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:17 am

Jones strikes me as similar to McKirdy and will probably end up the same way. Has talent but doesn't know how to channel it. The crowd definately got in his head. His second half performance showed it and I'm surprised the BT engineer didn't hook him.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Redspirelite » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:26 am

Where do you draw the line, before Ko The youngsters carrying the flags were walking in front of the Notts fans with some giving the middle finger and “Newark “ sign towards the Notts fans, unfortunately abuse etc happens over the 90mins
Last edited by Redspirelite on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redspirelite
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum