{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough charged with misconduct/ 1 match touchline ban

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough charged with misconduct

Postby Vantage007 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:18 pm

I call it corruption
Following MTFC since 1967!
Vantage007
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:32 pm

Vantage007 wrote:I call it corruption

Not sure if "Cough charged with corruption" gives off the right impression
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:08 pm

Saturday's ref should be charged for bringing the refereeing into disrepute instead of Clough being charged for deserved comments on Saturday's ref. Charging Clough is bad judgement by the FA.

Why cannot the FA or EFL charge refs for a change?
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:40 pm

Partially because it appears that the performance hit the parameters set for the assessor (wrongly in my opinion)
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:10 pm

Its the FA’s way or No way .....good on ya nigel for speaking ya mind :coys:
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:48 pm

Basically NC has given an honest opinion of what he thought of the official’s performance. He appears to have done it in a reasonable manner (not a rant). The FA don’t agree so have charged him with misconduct. This is what you get for speaking up. I admire him for speaking up.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:04 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Basically NC has given an honest opinion of what he thought of the official’s performance. He appears to have done it in a reasonable manner (not a rant). The FA don’t agree so have charged him with misconduct. This is what you get for speaking up. I admire him for speaking up.

How do you know what he said Andy? He's not been charged for what he said in the post match interview but for what he said "in and around the referee's room".
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:08 pm

The FA protecting one of their own......oh how predictable
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby london amber stag » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 pm

That referee is an absolute disgrace and it is crazy that Clough faces a charge of misconduct. It is the worst performance by an official I have witnessed in more than 53 years of following the Stags. Believe me I have seen some awful refs! I am still angry!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:10 pm

london amber stag wrote:That referee is an absolute disgrace and it is crazy that Clough faces a charge of misconduct. It is the worst performance by an official I have witnessed in more than 53 years of following the Stags. Believe me I have seen some awful refs! I am still angry!

Me too. I thought he was shocking.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:15 pm

Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Basically NC has given an honest opinion of what he thought of the official’s performance. He appears to have done it in a reasonable manner (not a rant). The FA don’t agree so have charged him with misconduct. This is what you get for speaking up. I admire him for speaking up.

How do you know what he said Andy? He's not been charged for what he said in the post match interview but for what he said "in and around the referee's room".
Just going off what I read on the BBC football site Rob. They report that in a post match interview he said the officiating at Plough Lane was “below par” and “a whole new level of ineptitude” and was now facing misconduct charges.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:21 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:

Just going off what I read on the BBC football site Rob. They report that in a post match interview he said the officiating at Plough Lane was “below par” and “a whole new level of ineptitude” and was now facing misconduct charges.

It is in the opening post of the thread what he has been charged for. Nothing to do with his interview.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Johan » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:36 pm

Clough should apologise for everything he said that wasn’t true.

I imagine it will be a very short apology.
Johan
First Team
First Team

Postby WoodhouseStag » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:05 pm

“ Mansfield Town’s director, Paul Brown, and coach, Andy Garner, have been charged following their EFL League Two game on Saturday, 27 January. It’s alleged that the behaviour of Paul Brown and Andy Garner at full time in the directors’ box and around the tunnel entrance respectively was improper. Paul Brown and Andy Garner both have until Monday, 5 February, to provide their responses.”

Just posted by FAspokesperson on twitter.
WoodhouseStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:37 pm

WoodhouseStag wrote:“ Mansfield Town’s director, Paul Brown, and coach, Andy Garner, have been charged following their EFL League Two game on Saturday, 27 January. It’s alleged that the behaviour of Paul Brown and Andy Garner at full time in the directors’ box and around the tunnel entrance respectively was improper. Paul Brown and Andy Garner both have until Monday, 5 February, to provide their responses.”

Just posted by FAspokesperson on twitter.

They will probably announce charges against more of our players next week. And then the week after, charges against the club. It’s totally wrong to have this drip drip approach and will just wind everyone up even further. Total gluteus maximus and the surrounding muscles to complete the holes that they are.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:54 pm

Yet the arse gravy ref still getting rave reviews. This time by Donny boss after their game Tuesday night
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:00 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Yet the arse gravy ref still getting rave reviews. This time by Donny boss after their game Tuesday night

Maybe thinks he has to behave for a few games in case we are looking at the videos of his games.

You could argue that if he normally performs adequately, it’s more evidence that he was biased against us.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:07 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Yet the arse gravy ref still getting rave reviews. This time by Donny boss after their game Tuesday night

Maybe thinks he has to behave for a few games in case we are looking at the videos of his games.

You could argue that if he normally performs adequately, it’s more evidence that he was biased against us.

I think Dickie was being sarcastic there Sandy.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:24 pm

Sneag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

I think Dickie was being sarcastic there Sandy.

Ok Sneag, thanks. I’d not heard anything about Tuesday’s performance so just took it as written.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:25 pm

yorkstag wrote:
london amber stag wrote:That referee is an absolute disgrace and it is crazy that Clough faces a charge of misconduct. It is the worst performance by an official I have witnessed in more than 53 years of following the Stags. Believe me I have seen some awful refs! I am still angry!

Naaahhhh
George Courtney away v Chester in Area Final 2nd Leg in 87.
Now that was diabolical !
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:09 pm

Johnny H wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

Naaahhhh
George Courtney away v Chester in Area Final 2nd Leg in 87.
Now that was diabolical !

That challenge on Paul Garner was nothing short of an assault that night.

When it comes down to a shocking refereeing performance though, I struggle to see past Darren Drysdale in MK Dons match. A referee with such a high opinion of himself he even arrived driving a car that included his initials on his number plate.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:17 am

https://youtu.be/9KmEB2C9-6w?si=OI1sOzGvFtZam5pK

McCann seems to have the same issues with him as we do.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:16 am

Sorry if this had already been mentioned but just seen on sky sports news that director paul brown and Andy garner have been charged aswell.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:29 am

lifestags wrote:Sorry if this had already been mentioned but just seen on sky sports news that director paul brown and Andy garner have been charged aswell.

Great day at the office that was ehhh
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vantage007 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:21 am

With regards to my earlier corruption comment. For those who are perhaps not as sharp as others. I was referring to the performance of the referee and not Mr Clough.
Following MTFC since 1967!
Vantage007
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum