{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

County scorethread sponsored by stags leave with pride? Or..

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: County scorethread sponsored by stags leave with pride?

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:10 am

PEAR CIDER losing his head on stagsnet.

TICK
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:12 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
Costastag wrote:What a wonderful sunday morning, feeling smug after beating that lot again sometimes life is just sooo wonderful

sat up coffee in hand reading county mad, good morning weekend, just to echo everyone else, great performance yesterday, always great to beat the pies.

thanks for making my weekend

I presume you're Scamps. Hahahaha, shitstirer.

Scamps ah columbo :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:17 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Aaron Lewis has started 205 games in his career.

57 games at erm left back
36 games at right back
30 games at LWB and left of a diamond (site I use counts wing back and wide midfield the same because a back 3 is listed as 3-5-2)
29 games at RWB and right of midfield (as above, 17 of those starts are for us this season)
17 at CM
2 at AM

So non-left back that's played majority of his starts as a full back/ wing back.

So who is making what up now?

1) Lewis was signed as a midfielder first and foremost.
2) Lewis started in midfield for us
3) Lewis got injured and quite a while, had a set back and is now getting up to speed again.
4) name me a fixture where Lewis has been fully fit when bowery has 'taken his place' at right or left back

Answer on a postcard. This is 100% my last post

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaron-l ... aison/2023

"Lewis got injured for quite a while" when, he's missed 3 league games in a row twice throughout the entire season? name a fixture when Leis was fully fit and Bowery ended up at LB/RB. Open that link above and take your pick. In Sep-Nov pretty much every game we had Williams on the bench and Lewis in Midfield.

It's a weird take to take.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:37 am

Clough has been a massive part of both wins against County - totally out managed them tactically.

Loved the bit in his interview where he thanked the people who banned him as he sat higher up which gave him a different perspective which won the game.

With regard to the debate on JB I think he’s been a real asset in defence and tbh I now think of him as a defender/ wing back who can play up front. I think we’ve moved on from the square peg in a round hole discussion.

I think JB could well extend his career as a result. Well done to the boy.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:42 am

gavinbrookes wrote:What a performance and result. We seem to switch on and focus more against the stronger sides. I hope we don't need the playoffs, but results like this and Stockport give me more faith if we do land in there.

Completely agree with praise for all our players. Midfield and defence were magnificent. Lucas looked better with Swan and DKD a little more advanced. Nichols did some good bits when he came on. Also a mention for Reed who i didn't think put a foot wrong today - he'd be a contender for MotM for me.

Jody Jones started well but Cargill got in his head, and he was arguing with our supporters at half time. Their manager should have subbed him. Also caught his interview on BBC Radio Nottingham - he's the opposite of Williams; no dignity, negative. What a loss to them he was, and not sure they've got the right man in now.

Nigel had played the mind games beautifully all week. He has us galvanised and focused. I'm so impressed.

Apparently they were the better side because they had 65% possession. The fact that half of that was in their own 6 yard box doesn't seem to matter. We can do that if we want or we can go quicker and longer if needed
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:44 am

All ok having 65% possession but would like to see the stats on how many times they actually got into our box? All looked really nice football without getting anywhere and that is a credit to how we set up against them and they soon ran out of ideas
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:48 am

wink68 wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:What a performance and result. We seem to switch on and focus more against the stronger sides. I hope we don't need the playoffs, but results like this and Stockport give me more faith if we do land in there.

Completely agree with praise for all our players. Midfield and defence were magnificent. Lucas looked better with Swan and DKD a little more advanced. Nichols did some good bits when he came on. Also a mention for Reed who i didn't think put a foot wrong today - he'd be a contender for MotM for me.

Jody Jones started well but Cargill got in his head, and he was arguing with our supporters at half time. Their manager should have subbed him. Also caught his interview on BBC Radio Nottingham - he's the opposite of Williams; no dignity, negative. What a loss to them he was, and not sure they've got the right man in now.

Nigel had played the mind games beautifully all week. He has us galvanised and focused. I'm so impressed.

Apparently they were the better side because they had 65% possession. The fact that half of that was in their own 6 yard box doesn't seem to matter. We can do that if we want or we can go quicker and longer if needed

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/17330 ... -Notts-Co-

If you scroll down and click/tap on heat maps it shows exactly how much time they spent in their own half.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:48 am

gazza1988 wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Aaron Lewis has started 205 games in his career.

57 games at erm left back
36 games at right back
30 games at LWB and left of a diamond (site I use counts wing back and wide midfield the same because a back 3 is listed as 3-5-2)
29 games at RWB and right of midfield (as above, 17 of those starts are for us this season)
17 at CM
2 at AM

So non-left back that's played majority of his starts as a full back/ wing back.

So who is making what up now?

1) Lewis was signed as a midfielder first and foremost.
2) Lewis started in midfield for us
3) Lewis got injured and quite a while, had a set back and is now getting up to speed again.
4) name me a fixture where Lewis has been fully fit when bowery has 'taken his place' at right or left back

Answer on a postcard. This is 100% my last post

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaron-l ... aison/2023

"Lewis got injured for quite a while" when, he's missed 3 league games in a row twice throughout the entire season? name a fixture when Leis was fully fit and Bowery ended up at LB/RB. Open that link above and take your pick. In Sep-Nov pretty much every game we had Williams on the bench and Lewis in Midfield.

It's a weird take to take.

When Lewis signed he was announced as a full back although that’s probably not how Clough intended to play him.
Personally I think a fully fit Johnson is our best option at right back. I also think George Williams would be unlucky to be left out after yesterday.
And to add to the selection debate , do we leave Cargill at Lb - Brunt was outstanding yesterday.
Great problem to have though.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:52 am

Ralphy wrote:All ok having 65% possession but would like to see the stats on how many times they actually got into our box? All looked really nice football without getting anywhere and that is a credit to how we set up against them and they soon ran out of ideas

"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:56 am

wink68 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Heart attack moment. Flint nearly scored a headed goal in the wrong net!

From where I sat, that looked well over the line. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was sat directly in line with it. Flints header nowhere near over the line.

I'm just writing this in my report:

In real time I was not sure if the ball crossed the line. From the footage from the main camera, the ball is obscured by players as it hits the ground. However I have now seen footage from the analyst’s camera from the West Stand side, and frame by frame, the ball bounces down smack onto the middle of the line. So a good decision by the linesman.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkstag » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:57 am

I do enjoy reading the stats and trying to make sense of them.
At the end of the day there is only one simple stat that matters in football and yesterday that stat was 1-0.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:01 pm

Although I think Bowery has done an outstanding job for us at full back (either side), I agree with Gazza that he is not our best option in that position if everyone is fit and fully up to speed. That honour goes to Hewitt.

That said, he is probably as good as most if they are carrying an injury or lack match sharpness so the conundrum is do you drop him and play someone else while they are getting match sharp?

For me, he has done very little wrong so I would keep him in until one of the others proves they are ready and able. Without reserve games that’s difficult to do but Williams’ efforts yesterday show he’s not far off but not yet there as he had to be substituted at a crucial point in the game. It’s purely a matter of opinion as to the level of risk and I don’t think either standpoint is 100% correct.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:08 pm

Wanted to mention Bailey Cargill, what a bloody performance he put in yesterday. Up against 2 of the best wingers in the league and they didn’t get past him once. Also got an assist.

George Williams as well, to say he’s not played much he was terrific and deserves to keep his place.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:27 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
wink68 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Heart attack moment. Flint nearly scored a headed goal in the wrong net!

In real time I was not sure if the ball crossed the line. From the footage from the main camera, the ball is obscured by players as it hits the ground. However I have now seen footage from the analyst’s camera from the West Stand side, and frame by frame, the ball bounces down smack onto the middle of the line. So a good decision by the linesman.

Had to change seats and I was directly on the touchine 5 rows back by the corner flag of West Stand and QLE. None of their efforts crossed the line.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:37 pm

victor A block wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
wink68 wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Had to change seats and I was directly on the touchine 5 rows back by the corner flag of West Stand and QLE. None of their efforts crossed the line.

The first one that got cleared off the line was mighty close. But unless it's obvious the lino has to say no.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:51 pm

Flint is like The Terminator. Will take a 6,000,000 ton industrial press to stop him. Absolute collosus of a defender.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martian » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:54 pm

wink68 wrote:
Sneag wrote:

I was sat directly in line with it. Flints header nowhere near over the line. Not so sure about Langstaff shot, some of the ball was over not sure if all of it was.

Can't remember the sequence of play that led to it, probably Langstaff's shot - at Quarry Lane End - and I'm sat high on halfway - but looked over by a margin to my varifocalled and deteriorarting eyesight - a swing and a roundabout following last weeks injustices - County didn't seem to make a fuss - surprised me that. Wonder if there's any video.
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martian » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:57 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
wink68 wrote:
Sneag wrote:

So was there a shot from Langstaff too - that crashed off the underside of the bar at Quarry Lane End?
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:40 pm

Martian wrote:
wink68 wrote:
Sneag wrote:

I was sat directly in line with it. Flints header nowhere near over the line. Not so sure about Langstaff shot, some of the ball was over not sure if all of it was.

Can't remember the sequence of play that led to it, probably Langstaff's shot - at Quarry Lane End - and I'm sat high on halfway - but looked over by a margin to my varifocalled and deteriorarting eyesight - a swing and a roundabout following last weeks injustices - County didn't seem to make a fuss - surprised me that. Wonder if there's any video.

we can file that shot under "I've seen them given" :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:30 pm

Martian wrote:
So was there a shot from Langstaff too - that crashed off the underside of the bar at Quarry Lane End?

no. They hit the woodwork twice: Flint's header and Jones' cross

Langstaff didn't have a shot that was cleared off the line either. In fact he did nothing all game.

McGoldrick had a shot cleared off the line, after 2 minutes, that was nowhere near over the line.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:37 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martian wrote:

Langstaff didn't have a shot that was cleared off the line either. In fact he did nothing all game.

McGoldrick had a shot cleared off the line, after 2 minutes, that was nowhere near over the line.

from my draft report:

after only two minutes, Nemane got past Williams down the left, crossed into the middle, it reached Jones whose shot was blocked by Brunt, out to McGoldrick, and his shot was blocked on the line by Williams, and then Robertson knocked the second follow-up wide. Video evidence shows it did not cross the line when Williams blocked it, indeed there weren’t even any appeals that it did.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bear 73 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:02 pm

What a great 3 points against a good Notts County team with some top League 2 players in their squad and as always our players gave 100%..
The occasion made special by the atmosphere in the ground,
And the sheer joy of the win was there for our fans to embrace.
All the praise given to our players is richly deserved, And the point i take from our season its a a squad game.
McGoldrick is a joy to watch a class act ,
Its nice to read so much about Bowery and he did not play, perhaps someone like Flint we could write a book about ,
After 3 years some still do not get it, working with a small squad you have to sign players who can play more than one position and being a utility player is vital to a small squad.
and allows more quality players within the budget,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:32 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martian wrote:

It looked from the QLE that Langstaff got an ever so slight touch on Jones cross which then hit the post.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby stagtastic1 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:05 pm

After all the whinging Jones did every time he was tackled I just loved the impromptu “He’s gonna cry in a minute” chant. Whoever started it, take a bow :clap:
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:48 pm

It was a brilliant moment and you know what … I thought he was.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum