{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Rd Closure - All home matches from today

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Rd Closure

Postby Upper West » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:12 pm

Cars still coming out the Gym car park. I did comment to a guy on the barrier but said it was a private site but would pass my comments on.

He did say they had been pushing for this for a while.

Need to get police issuing parking tickets if people were parking on double yellow lines,
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby Hon Sec » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:49 am

The lines outside the ground are single yellows, don’t know if that makes any difference.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby 1970Stag » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:38 am

Echo the comments above, absolutely brilliant and how it should be every game!
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:15 am

I think further up Quarry Lane there are double yellow lines, Outside the ground it is single yellow but the signs flip over to say no parking while the match is on.
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:47 am

Upper West wrote:I think further up Quarry Lane there are double yellow lines, Outside the ground it is single yellow but the signs flip over to say no parking while the match is on.

Yes, some of those who would normally be sat waiting to pick people up on the single yellows outside the ground were instead parked on the double yellows near Highfield Way/Bradder Way.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:44 pm

What makes me chuckle is that I’ve been banging on about this for years on here and every time I’ve said it a certain poster on here said it would never happen because it wasn’t allowed to be. I said I’m sure the police could shut it whenever they liked for H&S reasons but was again told they couldn’t. All of a sudden it happens. Strange. I’m glad it did though as it was a lot safer crossing the road.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:37 am

Dan wrote:What makes me chuckle is that I’ve been banging on about this for years on here and every time I’ve said it a certain poster on here said it would never happen because it wasn’t allowed to be. I said I’m sure the police could shut it whenever they liked for H&S reasons but was again told they couldn’t. All of a sudden it happens. Strange. I’m glad it did though as it was a lot safer crossing the road.

It's not allowed without certain protocols in place so the certain poster who I assume you mean is jonny H is correct. This has probably been in the making for some time with various hoops to sign off etc before allowing us to actually go through with it. We've had sell outs before which was probably evidence SAG and police needed to justify it.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:38 am

Hoops to sign off :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:32 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
Dan wrote:What makes me chuckle is that I’ve been banging on about this for years on here and every time I’ve said it a certain poster on here said it would never happen because it wasn’t allowed to be. I said I’m sure the police could shut it whenever they liked for H&S reasons but was again told they couldn’t. All of a sudden it happens. Strange. I’m glad it did though as it was a lot safer crossing the road.

It's not allowed without certain protocols in place so the certain poster who I assume you mean is jonny H is correct. This has probably been in the making for some time with various hoops to sign off etc before allowing us to actually go through with it. We've had sell outs before which was probably evidence SAG and police needed to justify it.

Not Johnny H. And as I said before if the police/council want to do something they’d find a way of doing it without signing any hoops!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:51 am

Dan wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

Not Johnny H. And as I said before if the police/council want to do something they’d find a way of doing it without signing any hoops!

I presume you are talking about me Dan, although I have stated it is possible with the correct legislation. I have no idea which powers they used to close the road and frankly don’t care much. I do rather suspect it is similar to the ones used to close the gate though which always upsets you so much. As the old mantra goes, just do it and don’t worry about the whyfors. The chances of anyone actually following complaints about the actions through are practically nil. Of course as a one off, the Highway Authority could have issued a temporary traffic order but I doubt that would be a regular thing.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:44 pm

Put the Hilton on there
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:08 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

I presume you are talking about me Dan, although I have stated it is possible with the correct legislation. I have no idea which powers they used to close the road and frankly don’t care much. I do rather suspect it is similar to the ones used to close the gate though which always upsets you so much. As the old mantra goes, just do it and don’t worry about the whyfors. The chances of anyone actually following complaints about the actions through are practically nil. Of course as a one off, the Highway Authority could have issued a temporary traffic order but I doubt that would be a regular thing.

Probably use the same legislation to close the road as they do with Clumber Street which is closed at certain times during the weekend for the night club revellers.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:41 pm

MOTG wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

Probably use the same legislation to close the road as they do with Clumber Street which is closed at certain times during the weekend for the night club revellers.

Yes that’s a traffic order made by the Highway Authority. It’s the same thing as used for one way streets, no right turns etc and is the type of local regulation that has been suggested in the past. If an order has been made, signage giving details will be displayed.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:52 pm

So why can't they do exactly the same thing for 30 minutes every fortnight on Quarry Lane when that order is in place every night 11pm-4am except for buses and taxis on Clumber Street? It's not difficult.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:36 am

Dan wrote:So why can't they do exactly the same thing for 30 minutes every fortnight on Quarry Lane when that order is in place every night 11pm-4am except for buses and taxis on Clumber Street? It's not difficult.

They can if they have made the order. Each restriction has its own order which have to be made under strict legal guidelines and procedures. I’m sure you’ve seen the notices tied to lampposts giving notice that orders are being considered and how to object etc.

The highway Authority can issue temporary orders for unusual events (eg major roadworks, street fairs and ceremonies etc) and the police have powers to close roads in emergency situations. Police powers don’t normally stretch to situations which are known in advance (as you don’t know an emergency is coming) and a temporary order should be used instead.

As I said earlier, I have no idea if an order or temporary order was made but I can’t see businesses in the area quietly accepting regular closures if they aren’t done on a lawful footing.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:40 am

What businesses are there on Quarry Lane?

The gate isn’t done on a lawful footing either.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:18 am

Dan wrote:What businesses are there on Quarry Lane?

The gym, Milk place, car valet place, loads of units just off it, the lake access by the bridge and the houses
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:40 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:

The gym, Milk place, car valet place, loads of units just off it, the lake access by the bridge and the houses

I can't comment on the gym as I go the other way, but all the other businesses were accessible from the Sheepbridge Lane end as the road closure was in the narrow stretch in front of the houses. Likewise, the houses still had vehicle access as their parking is at the rear via Highfield Way.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:05 am

I have no idea if it’s on a lawful basis Dan as I don’t know if an order has been made or not.

To a degree it’s an academic discussion as even if there is an order, it still has to be enforced. If barriers aren’t put out every time, some of the drivers will simply continue to drive down the road risking that no-one will do anything about it. As in all walks of life, rules and laws only work if you abide by them and have effective punishment for those who choose not to.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:14 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:

As Dave says the others won’t be affected which they won’t be anyway as they’re all shut at 5pm on a Saturday apart from the gym and people can wait to go in there. It’s the same for Tuesday night games too. So it won’t affect any of the businesses on there apart from a few gym users having to wait 10 minutes. A small price to pay for saving someone’s life/lives.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:32 am

Dan wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:

As Dave says the others won’t be affected which they won’t be anyway as they’re all shut at 5pm on a Saturday apart from the gym and people can wait to go in there. It’s the same for Tuesday night games too. So it won’t affect any of the businesses on there apart from a few gym users having to wait 10 minutes. A small price to pay for saving someone’s life/lives.

I agree. Was just pointing out the businesses there. Ive been boring people on this forum for about 3 years around road closure lol
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:06 am

Not really related the QL but the wider curtilage of Field Mill, but did anyone in IGU notice the big group of coppers going into Dunhelm Mills around 3:20 on Saturday?

I assume they were nippimg into Pausa Cafe for a donut, but they may have been buying some pillows for the van.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:45 am

Hope the traffic restrictions will be in place on Tuesday night as it is worse in the evenings.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:25 pm

The club is now in the process of applying for the road closure of Quarry Lane (a Temporary Traffic Restriction Order) for every home game.

Unfortunately, this won’t be in place in time for Tuesday’s match at home to Harrogate Town (7.45pm kick-off)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:43 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

The club is now in the process of applying for the road closure of Quarry Lane (a Temporary Traffic Restriction Order) for every home game.

Unfortunately, this won’t be in place in time for Tuesday’s match at home to Harrogate Town (7.45pm kick-off)

positive steps nonetheless.

Lets see how many morons park there Tuesday
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum