{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sutton fred MATCH /RE-ARRANGED FOR TUES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Sutton fred MATCH /RE-ARRANGED FOR TUES

Postby eggy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:03 am

Have we announced a pitch inspection yet?
eggy
Manager
Manager

Re: Sutton fred sponsored by Jack Frost

Postby dazstag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:38 am

Match off we got 2 pitch inspections for the price of 1!
dazstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby mattstag14 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:38 am

No chance this games on.
Forget Messi or Ronaldo I'd rather have good honest boys in my team.
mattstag14
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:54 am

Clearly going to be off.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:05 am

It's warming up on Saturday.....
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:08 am

On my phone it's saying 6 degrees and going to be windy at the time of the game
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:11 am

gazza1988 wrote:On my phone it's saying 6 degrees and going to be windy at the time of the game

Excellent Gazza , could you send a screenshot of that to the local EFL appointed referee at about 10am Saturday morning please.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:20 am

Pym
Williams Flint Cargill McLaughlin
Maris
Lewis Quinn
DKD
Bowery Swan

3-0
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vantage007 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:09 pm

Doubt it will have thawed by Saturday. Will have to have a pitch inspection by 9am at latest so will almost certainly be off.
Following MTFC since 1967!
Vantage007
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:13 pm

Whilst i would love it to be on and gain 3 points i am at the Butlins Soul and Motown weekend hence I won't be crying in my tea if its off. 2 0 Stags
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:14 pm

If the west stand lift isn’t working by Saturday then it will be definitely be off.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:35 pm

part time pete wrote:If the west stand lift isn’t working by Saturday then it will be definitely be off.

Or the IGU hasn’t miraculously disappeared, allowing that rare commodity…sunlight on to the pitch!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:49 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
part time pete wrote:If the west stand lift isn’t working by Saturday then it will be definitely be off.

Or the IGU hasn’t miraculously disappeared, allowing that rare commodity…sunlight on to the pitch!

I do not get this sunlight thing. Most grounds have stands on 4 sides, how come their games go ahead ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:13 pm

The One wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

I do not get this sunlight thing. Most grounds have stands on 4 sides, how come their games go ahead ?

It's all to do with the position of the stand relative to the arc of the sun during the course of the year. If football were a summer sport it woudn't be an issue.

As others have said, ours isn't a unique situation, but it's made worse by the low cost crud the stadium was built with.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:39 pm

The real question is how many other league two fixtures will be postponed along with ours?
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:14 pm

Sneag wrote:
The One wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

It's all to do with the position of the stand relative to the arc of the sun during the course of the year. If football were a summer sport it woudn't be an issue.

As others have said, ours isn't a unique situation, but it's made worse by the low cost crud the stadium was built with.

You're correct both about the uniqueness of the stand blocking the winter sun, and also how the stadium was built BUT we've had a structure of some size on that side of the pitch for something like half a century it's hardly something new! - whereas we're all aware we aren't a PL club, surely some of the hot air blowers or whatever wouldn't cost much to purchase/run, especially given losses incurred by games being off.

It appears that unfortunately the club time and again turn to the short term cheapness than longer term sense, the accusations of the club being called amateur (more so since Sharpe left) are sadly legitimate
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:26 pm

adamstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
The One wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You're correct both about the uniqueness of the stand blocking the winter sun, and also how the stadium was built BUT we've had a structure of some size on that side of the pitch for something like half a century it's hardly something new! - whereas we're all aware we aren't a PL club, surely some of the hot air blowers or whatever wouldn't cost much to purchase/run, especially given losses incurred by games being off.

It appears that unfortunately the club time and again turn to the short term cheapness than longer term sense, the accusations of the club being called amateur (more so since Sharpe left) are sadly legitimate

TBF Adam the roof of the old west stand didn't over shadow the pitch in the way the new one does. Mind you the pitch was a bog back then too. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:43 pm

It’s a minor miracle we ever get a game on with the West Stand roof and the high water table!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:47 pm

Friday only saying -2 overnight now so our pitch covers should be sound :D
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:49 pm

The One wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

I know what you’re saying, but a bit more light that side of the pitch might help. It’s staggering we still have these issues after all these years of postponements. Trouble is, however it’s solved, it will cost a serious amount of money.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:50 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Friday only saying -2 overnight now so our pitch covers should be sound :D

:lol: 8-)
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:36 pm

Weather 4 Stags 0 :(
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Ad » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:41 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Pym
Williams Flint Cargill McLaughlin
Maris
Lewis Quinn
DKD
Bowery Swan

3-0

I'd be more than happy with that.
Amber Ad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:26 pm

It's going to be a balmy 6°C on Saturday, with overnight temps above freezing it'll be game on.

But it is forecast to rain at 2pm
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:29 pm

adamstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
The One wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Swap it with the Bishop Street. I think we only have 1 set of heat lamps. Hardly adequate. Game will be off.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum