{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

do we actually see DKD moving on in this window?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: do we actually see DKD moving on in this window?

Postby Showaddywaddy » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:09 pm

Stephen wrote:Why would DKD be worth half if Langstaff?

I was more trying to make the point that DKD would surely be our first £1,000,000 player based on the price being mentioned for Langstaff, not that I think he’s only worth half his price tag. After so many players leaving on the cheap or not going on to fulfill their potential it would seem that we are finally in a position to receive a proper transfer fee for a player doing well. I don’t for one moment want us to sell him, he has been outstanding. I wouldn’t know where to price him personally, player values change so quickly. I remember CJ being linked with a £750,000 move to Preston and more recently our non league neighbours bragging about the value of Tshimanga and look what happened there.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:15 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:What would be a fair price for him in today’s crazy prices? I saw someone mention £2,000,000 for Langstaff, surely that means at least £1,000,000 for DKD.

Still not quite sure how we managed to get him in the first place. Do Burton have a sell on clause? They’ll be kicking themselves if not.

as far as I can see tracing it back, the figure of £2million stems from a fake twitter account. That just then gets quoted by others.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:30 am

Selling DKD at this statge of the season would be the biggest mistake of JR tenure imo. Would losing out on promotion possible cost us more than the sale of the player?
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:59 pm

Not if he was being scouted today.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum