{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Extend Clough's Contract

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Extend Clough's Contract

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:28 am

For us to fail now it would take an absolute car crash half of a season imo. (Outside of playoffs I mean).
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:29 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Dan wrote:
five to three wrote:And it's not about promotion. It's about getting a better and better each season, in which case promotion will come and our chances of progressing in division 1 wil come. This is happening under Clough. Clough is established. He is in charge. Change nothing. Just look at Man Utd if you want to see what happens when the manager is not established. And I agree JR and NC will be talking. Honest conversation is worth more than a new contact.

It really is. Ask JR and he'll tell you the same thing. We don't go up this season and we'll be looking for a new manager in the summer.

Beep

Drink. :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:43 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:For us to fail now it would take an absolute car crash half of a season imo. (Outside of playoffs I mean).

With 66 points to play for their is a lot of football to be played, and car crashes happen in football.
Oates and Kilgour out plus, will Hewitt come back this season, firing, how will our injury list be, Flint and Cargill are very important.
Expectation is a fans worst enemy one game at a time please.
I think a lot of games to go before any thing is won,
I always fear the worst funny old game football.
But Clough has seen and been part of the highs and the lows, blimey so have i
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:38 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:For us to fail now it would take an absolute car crash half of a season imo. (Outside of playoffs I mean).

Not that I am suggesting this could happen to us the way we are playing, and with the manager and squad we currently have, but Millwall were relegated from the equivalent of the Championship in 1995/96 after being top at xmas !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:55 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

Not that I am suggesting this could happen to us the way we are playing, and with the manager and squad we currently have, but Millwall were relegated from the equivalent of the Championship in 1995/96 after being top at xmas !!

Good job we aren't top then! :D
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:52 pm

Article from Mail Online about his 25 years in management.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -City.html
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum