{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fans behind dugouts

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fans behind dugouts

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:44 pm

Iknownothing wrote:Why has 'offensive term removed' been inserted in place of the the word you used, because the term is offensive

Offense is only taken, never given.

Words and their definitions change over time. That word being one of them.

It no longer references what you choose to believe it does. Get with the times.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Pitkin » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:32 pm

CassellsCap wrote:One problem having a season ticket when it’s a full house all the time is having to endure a full season stuck in an area near big mouthed ignorant so called supporters. I never want the 2,500 crowd days again but I do miss being able to move around each game. I enjoy away matches because you can move around and mingle and meet fellow stags and also move away from idiots.

Quite
Pitkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:28 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
bluenyellow wrote:The guy garner had a go at had gone to shout at nigel to get macca on in place of bowery,nigel told him to come and do the job if he could do better,Garnes then had a rite go at him told the stewards he never wants to see him again.The bloke replied i only wanted macca on.

It would be fascinating to know if the bloke thought that he would persuade the manager to make a change to the playing line up because he shouted at him to do so.

There's a thread next door trying to get men to open up and discuss their true feelings, but on here we're perhaps unfairly putting someone through a kangaroo court because they don't feel they can express their true feelings due to misguided male values of football. God knows what impact this thread might be having on them in the cold light of day.

I've not contributed to the 'thread next door' for a valid reason. I struggle with seasonal affective disorder - which strangely a lot of 'men' think is nonsense. However, this has gone on for years and what makes it acutely worse in those long grim winter months is negativity - whatever the environment negativity compounds the symptoms. So it's interesting that you seem to think that these ignorant blowhards help their mental health cause by berating and lambasting folks on the field and the dugout, because, it's precisely these types and their perpetual bull who undermine my own mental well-being. I'll miss 5-6 games from my season ticket because I'm listening to this type of crap and I have to move myself away from them before it meddles with my moods. Mansfield Town could lose every game and it doesn't have the same impact as a rampant shouty bellraspberry with a red face and a plethora of unwarranted expletives does.

So stick your thesis up your wrong un.

Sorry to hear that. What you say is absolutely fine, apart from your last comment which I won't do, thanks.

I'm not saying anyone should release their stresses at your expense, and it's not acceptable, but perhaps they feel as if they can't express it any other way. As an eloquent young man you might want to help them find alternative solutions. That might help you both.

I'll never be able to advocate the dispelling of stresses by lumping them on to someone else, and let's face it barking abuse at an individual in any manner adds to anyone's stress levels, no matter the tolerance of the target.

I can't imagine that it helped Cloughie or Garner, or the targeted players to improve their choices or decisions. Akins is a classic example - kopped a ton of grief in his first 8-9 months at Stags and it clearly affected him.

As for me AWC, I've learned to move myself away from it because otherwise I fall out with people (at Stags and work and home)........that surprises nobody, I'd imagine ;)
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:13 am

CassellsCap wrote:One problem having a season ticket when it’s a full house all the time is having to endure a full season stuck in an area near big mouthed ignorant so called supporters. I never want the 2,500 crowd days again but I do miss being able to move around each game. I enjoy away matches because you can move around and mingle and meet fellow stags and also move away from idiots.
I agree with you. It totally spoils the experience. These types have no consideration for those around them.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:34 am

Amber Andy wrote:
I agree with you. It totally spoils the experience. These types have no consideration for those around them.

We have a decent group around us who all have a laugh and some good banter, but obviously different opinions on some of the players. One guy behind me is very 'anti Akins' and picks up on every little error he makes. I just bite my tongue most of the time, but whenever Akins scores I make a point of turning round and shaking his hand. It's nice and subtle and no words need to be exchanged. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:39 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

We have a decent group around us who all have a laugh and some good banter, but obviously different opinions on some of the players. One guy behind me is very 'anti Akins' and picks up on every little error he makes. I just bite my tongue most of the time, but whenever Akins scores I make a point of turning round and shaking his hand. It's nice and subtle and no words need to be exchanged. ;)

You don't get to make your point and shake his hand very often Dave ;)
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:37 am

It’s a shame that these small minority fans end up overshadowing the game & the support & encouragement the rest of us give to the team .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:42 pm

What amazing fans we have i have wracked my brain to find what club they have followed that win all their home games, and never lose a away game
After 68 years of watching some of the finest managers in the world, i have never found one who got a team selection right, for all fans
Supporters for me is the plural for support, we go and support our club and give our players vocal encouragement, simple so were does it fail.
OPINIONS.
Now i once listened to a man about problem solving, we sit the unhappy people in a room have a discussion and then come to the conclusion.
After over 50 years as a Manager and Player up to international level Nigel Clough knows best
1 professional international player.
2 A experienced and successful Manager up to championship level
3 Managing a top league 2 club breaking records and lasting over 3 years
All applicants for the job be patient 4 months left on the contract
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:19 pm

Supporters is the plural of supporter :D
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:37 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Supporters is the plural of supporter :D

Supporterati.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:17 pm

Si
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:29 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Si

Señor
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:32 pm

I suppose it was always going to be a problem moving the dugouts this side, especially when things are going wrong.

Its like all perspective is sometimes lost when a game isnt going to plan. I hope the recent interview from clough leaves fans thinking twice before they decide to berate.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:03 pm

These same exploding purple helmets will be telling all and sundry how we're the greatest thing in the world today. Until the first misplaced pass on Saturday.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:04 pm

Didn't hear anything today, were they there?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:38 pm

Didn’t hear much. But then NC did go and sit on the opposite side of the pitch, maybe to get away from it.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:43 pm

Clearly been reading this forum as everyone was on best behaviour and the individual from garner saga was not there
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:58 pm

If they moved the dugouts back to the Bishop Street side it would free up about 100+ seats that are covered over behind both dugouts
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:10 pm

Amberheart wrote:If they moved the dugouts back to the Bishop Street side it would free up about 100+ seats that are covered over behind both dugouts

So when we go up and JR builds the Bish will Nigel move them to the gym next to Dans car?!!! :roll:
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:11 pm

The Hoffmeister wrote:
Amberheart wrote:If they moved the dugouts back to the Bishop Street side it would free up about 100+ seats that are covered over behind both dugouts

So when we go up and JR builds the Bish will Nigel move them to the gym next to Dans car?!!! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:28 pm

The Hoffmeister wrote:

I meant now while we are selling out seats on a match day :roll:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:43 pm

Sit them in Sandys and then they can keep warm and maybe grab a chip cob. Or maybe build them a soundproof box. Possibilities are endless.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:26 pm

There's no room for the dugouts over there anyway.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:37 am

Dan wrote:There's no room for the dugouts over there anyway.

Rumour is that your car can be the new dugout for both Garns and Clough.
They can park over the Bishop Street side, wind the windows up when they want to cut out the noise, and it stops you getting any parking tickets.

Win-win situation mate :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:23 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
Dan wrote:There's no room for the dugouts over there anyway.

Rumour is that your car can be the new dugout for both Garns and Clough.
They can park over the Bishop Street side, wind the windows up when they want to cut out the noise, and it stops you getting any parking tickets.

Win-win situation mate :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum