{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:40 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:20 pm

I've just added this to my report:

This was Mansfield’s final away game of 2023.
6 wins, 5 draws, 1 defeat this season in the league.
6 wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats last season in 2023 in the league.
So 12 wins, 8 draws, 3 defeats this calendar year in the league away from home. Impressive stuff.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:54 pm

Do we think Boateng might be off in Jan? Has 18 months left on his deal but has only started one league game. Has suffered with niggles again, pretty similar to last year, although he did come on strong towards the end of last season. I’m not sure where he fits into the diamond system.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:02 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Do we think Boateng might be off in Jan? Has 18 months left on his deal but has only started one league game. Has suffered with niggles again, pretty similar to last year, although he did come on strong towards the end of last season. I’m not sure where he fits into the diamond system.

Can't see him in any system as he can't run.
Massive let down since he signed and I would get rid but if he has 18 months left as you say then he won't be in a hurry to go anywhere
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:12 pm

The Hoffmeister wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Do we think Boateng might be off in Jan? Has 18 months left on his deal but has only started one league game. Has suffered with niggles again, pretty similar to last year, although he did come on strong towards the end of last season. I’m not sure where he fits into the diamond system.

Can't see him in any system as he can't run.
Massive let down since he signed and I would get rid but if he has 18 months left as you say then he won't be in a hurry to go anywhere

Unlike O'Toole I don't think there would be a shortage of takers for Boateng, sadly its not worked out here so far and he has been given plenty of chances and occasionally has shown what he can do, but just not regularly enough - with a fully fit squad he probably wouldn't make the match day 18.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:21 pm

Should we see if Barnet fancy swapping Hartigan for Boateng?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:29 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:I've just added this to my report:

So 12 wins, 8 draws, 3 defeats this calendar year in the league away from home. Impressive stuff.

Very impressive. I definitely feel more nervous about our home performances than the away ones - the away ones are automatic promotion numbers: 44 points from the 23 away games in 2023.

Our home record from Jan this year to the end of the season was 4 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats, this season so far it's 5 wins, 4 draws and 0 defeats. 35 points from 21 home games in 2023. Maybe I shouldn't feel so nervous about them, but I do.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:34 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:I've just added this to my report:

Very impressive. I definitely feel more nervous about our home performances than the away ones - the away ones are automatic promotion numbers: 44 points from the 23 away games in 2023.

Our home record from Jan this year to the end of the season was 4 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats, this season so far it's 5 wins, 4 draws and 0 defeats. 35 points from 21 home games in 2023. Maybe I shouldn't feel so nervous about them, but I do.

79 points from 44 games isn't bad. When you consider half of them was before Clough finally decided to sort the defence out.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:24 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:14 am

Hes going to Swindon.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:37 am

Captain Cunno wrote:

Hes going to Swindon.

Can I have that in writing please.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:43 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum