{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Doncaster game all-ticket/less than 300 left

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Doncaster game all-ticket/less than 300 left

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:10 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:28 pm

Dare I say that the football club has cost itself another full house?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Re: Doncaster home game made all-ticket

Postby DE STAG » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:48 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:The whole operations side of the football club is Sunday league standard at the moment, from flooded toilets in the west stand on Tuesday, to the last minute supply of tickets. What was OK ten years ago, with 3000 crowds, is just not good enough at this time

My thoughts precisely, it all feels a bit amateurish. Not at all what I’d envisaged under the Radfords leadership.
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:53 pm

Who actually runs the club day to day? It’s just one of JRs minions isn’t it, it’s shocking either way
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:08 pm

All the tickets should have been available on Boxing Day night after a Christmas win. They'd be gone now but folks will have looked, seen none available apart from singles and blown it off.

Casual fans don't refresh the internet every ten minutes to see what's going off.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:12 pm

DE STAG wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:The whole operations side of the football club is Sunday league standard at the moment, from flooded toilets in the west stand on Tuesday, to the last minute supply of tickets. What was OK ten years ago, with 3000 crowds, is just not good enough at this time

My thoughts precisely, it all feels a bit amateurish. Not at all what I’d envisaged under the Radfords leadership.

It is pretty appalling, made worse by the fact the club rarely acknowledge these issues either. Flooded toilets, leaking roof, pigeon crap, badly corroded seats, awful home ticketing practices, the worst merchandising in living memory and so on. The club would be infinitely better off if they let a supporter run it (not me I hasten to add!), get someone in who cares, who will communicate with the fans and who will do something about these issues that are seemingly ignored month after month. Many of them aren't even about money, just about giving a toss about your customers. We have so much to be grateful to the Radfords for, but this cannot mean we have to put up with walking to our seats with shoes covered in piss due to flooded urinals.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Dare I say that the football club has cost itself another full house?

Yeah but at least the flag bearers had a chance to come didn't they.... :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:00 pm

Rob wrote:
DE STAG wrote:

It is pretty appalling, made worse by the fact the club rarely acknowledge these issues either. Flooded toilets, leaking roof, pigeon crap, badly corroded seats, awful home ticketing practices, the worst merchandising in living memory and so on. The club would be infinitely better off if they let a supporter run it (not me I hasten to add!), get someone in who cares, who will communicate with the fans and who will do something about these issues that are seemingly ignored month after month. Many of them aren't even about money, just about giving a toss about your customers. We have so much to be grateful to the Radfords for, but this cannot mean we have to put up with walking to our seats with shoes covered in piss due to flooded urinals.

On a (possibly) positive note. Has the IG roof been fixed? I noticed new looking down pipes fitted at the back of the IGU on Boxing Day.

It was my first trip to the Wonk since the Newport game but I don't remember seeing these pipes before. If my seat isn't soaked tomorrow maybe they've worked.

The club need a new Paul Nyland type running the commercial/fan liaison side of things.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:14 pm

I'd happy volunteer some time to discuss the importance of communication both internally and with the fans when it comes to ticketing, as well as proper planning weeks in advance.

We know what our schedule is. Plan it now for the rest of the season, what needs to be communicated and when. If there's is a postponement, alter the plan.

Its really not that difficult.

These are jobs that should be overseen by an operations manager, not just left to each department
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:35 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I'd happy volunteer some time to discuss the importance of communication both internally and with the fans when it comes to ticketing, as well as proper planning weeks in advance.

We know what our schedule is. Plan it now for the rest of the season, what needs to be communicated and when. If there's is a postponement, alter the plan.

These are jobs that should be overseen by an operations manager, not just left to each department

I would be willing to help out as well.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:52 pm

Sneag wrote:On a (possibly) positive note. Has the IG roof been fixed? I noticed new looking down pipes fitted at the back of the IGU on Boxing Day.

It was my first trip to the Wonk since the Newport game but I don't remember seeing these pipes before. If my seat isn't soaked tomorrow maybe they've worked.

yes. Steve Hymas showed them to me a few weeks ago.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:13 pm

Paulstag wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:I'd happy volunteer some time to discuss the importance of communication both internally and with the fans when it comes to ticketing, as well as proper planning weeks in advance.

I would be willing to help out as well.

:lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:04 am

94 tickets left at 12pm Thursday because the club can't be bothered to put them on site quickly enough (94 ×23 = £2162 down the drain).
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:25 am

bigalstag1 wrote:94 tickets left at 12pm Thursday because the club can't be bothered to put them on site quickly enough (94 ×23 = £2162 down the drain).

Not getting caught up on semantics but I don't think it is that they can't be bothered. I think that there are real structural issues within the club which mean that there isn't someone with a view on how decisions or lack of decisions impact on fans.
No-one appears to be putting 2 and 2 together on the release of ticket sales or communicating how it will work to the fans
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:11 am

Ticketing system will need reviewing if we are in L1 come May.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:10 am

Adult and kid ticket available for anyone feeling the pinch after Christmas;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4462056439
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:11 am

I have never known a business make it harder for customers to give it money. I went in the shop 3 days before Christmas and they had no wooly hats or adult gloves to sell. Absolutely shocking - its hardly like they are going to go out of date, is it?
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:12 am

Think it's sold out now.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:50 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Think it's sold out now.

See above, there were still tickets for sale online when they had to stop selling at midnight. As it is all ticket they are not allowed to be sold on matchday so it's not quite a sellout. As mentioned above putting tickets on sale the day before seems bizarre, should have gone on sale straight after Grimsby when everyone's buzzing.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:55 am

Or if they didn't put them immediately on sale, they should have had very clear communication about when the last available ones would be put back onto the site.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:18 am

bigalstag1 wrote:94 tickets left at 12pm Thursday because the club can't be bothered to put them on site quickly enough (94 ×23 = £2162 down the drain).

Which drains it gone down because the pitch and the toilet ones don't work
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:37 am

Things seem to have gone downhill since I DS left. I assume our CEO isn't at the club every day which isn't helping
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:50 am

Bros wrote:Things seem to have gone downhill since I DS left. I assume our CEO isn't at the club every day which isn't helping
Gone downhill ? We have sell outs ! I can remember the days we struggled to get 1,500 in the ground. :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:58 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Bros wrote:Things seem to have gone downhill since I DS left. I assume our CEO isn't at the club every day which isn't helping
Gone downhill ? We have sell outs ! I can remember the days we struggled to get 1,500 in the ground. :D

He's obviously talking about logistics & marketing rather than on the pitch.

On the pitch we look great.

Off the pitch we look shambolic.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:35 pm

On a brighter note the toilet flood in the IGL is now fixed.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum