{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Doncaster game all-ticket/less than 300 left

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Doncaster game all-ticket/less than 300 left

Postby Slackythestag » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:55 pm

Why do none of the supporters clubs sit down with the club and voice concerns, as well as questions from the supporters?

We are all wanting the best for the club, but it seems there is no communication from the supporters to the club.

Do the SSA sit down with the club on a regular basis or do they just support financially as well as coach travel?

Thankfully we are playing the best football we have in years which is bringing in huge crowds. I am very thankful to the Radfords for everything. However, compared to other clubs we are a very poor overall matchday experience, let's be honest.

We have such a good opportunity to attract young new supporters and families. Let's not drive them away.

:coys:
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bros » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:06 pm

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Bros wrote:Things seem to have gone downhill since I DS left. I assume our CEO isn't at the club every day which isn't helping
Gone downhill ? We have sell outs ! I can remember the days we struggled to get 1,500 in the ground. :D

He's obviously talking about logistics & marketing rather than on the pitch.

On the pitch we look great.

Off the pitch we look shambolic.

Correct
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:32 pm

Bros wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Bros wrote:Things seem to have gone downhill since I DS left. I assume our CEO isn't at the club every day which isn't helping
Gone downhill ? We have sell outs ! I can remember the days we struggled to get 1,500 in the ground. :D

He's obviously talking about logistics & marketing rather than on the pitch.

On the pitch we look great.

Off the pitch we look shambolic.

Correct
I think shambolic is a bit strong.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:38 pm

The place IS a shambolic dump from top to bottom off the pitch. I have no idea whether the owners think that all that matters is a winning team on the pitch. (some fans would certainly agree with that)
It would appear that not having a CEO living in the country makes off field matters out of sight, out of mind.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:42 pm

Speaking of off field matters, remember that time they put a canopy outside the Patey so people could be sheltered from the rain?

And then put in gigantic concrete reinforcements around all the legs, meaning significantly less people could stand underneath it :lol: :lol:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:24 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Speaking of off field matters, remember that time they put a canopy outside the Patey so people could be sheltered from the rain?

And then put in gigantic concrete reinforcements around all the legs, meaning significantly less people could stand underneath it :lol: :lol:

Those concrete blocks are a right trip hazard if say you’ve had 4/5 pints by the end of the game and it’s dark.

Obviously just hypothetical of course. :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:25 pm

Waggy wrote:I have never known a business make it harder for customers to give it money. I went in the shop 3 days before Christmas and they had no wooly hats or adult gloves to sell. Absolutely shocking - its hardly like they are going to go out of date, is it?

Even Harrogate have their own fully stocked shop in the centre of their town while we have had a broom cupboard for donkeys years
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:51 pm

One or two more heavy showers and the West Stand side will be waterlogged. :P
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:53 pm

And if it isnt waterlogged and we play theyll still have the sprinklers on at half time. :lol:
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby scotsstag » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:01 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:94 tickets left at 12pm Thursday because the club can't be bothered to put them on site quickly enough (94 ×23 = £2162 down the drain).

Not getting caught up on semantics but I don't think it is that they can't be bothered. I think that there are real structural issues within the club which mean that there isn't someone with a view on how decisions or lack of decisions impact on fans.
No-one appears to be putting 2 and 2 together on the release of ticket sales or communicating how it will work to the fans

You're spot on gfb, thing is it appears not to be rocket science to get the concession numbers in earlier and then put any non-allocated seats on general sale asap...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:10 pm

scotsstag wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:94 tickets left at 12pm Thursday because the club can't be bothered to put them on site quickly enough (94 ×23 = £2162 down the drain).

Not getting caught up on semantics but I don't think it is that they can't be bothered. I think that there are real structural issues within the club which mean that there isn't someone with a view on how decisions or lack of decisions impact on fans.
No-one appears to be putting 2 and 2 together on the release of ticket sales or communicating how it will work to the fans

You're spot on gfb, thing is it appears not to be rocket science to get the concession numbers in earlier and then put any non-allocated seats on general sale asap...
We have tripled the attendance under NC, thanks partially to reduced season ticket prices for youngsters ,which many on here advocated. Yet we moan about a couple of hundred unsold tickets. I suppose Stagsnet isn't Stagsnet without the moans :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:25 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

We have tripled the attendance under NC, thanks partially to reduced season ticket prices for youngsters ,which many on here advocated. Yet we moan about a couple of hundred unsold tickets. I suppose Stagsnet isn't Stagsnet without the moans :D

As ever Andy, you seem to confuse 'moaning' with 'concern' ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:44 pm

It still puzzles me that when a match is made all ticket they can sell more tickets yet not sell them on the day.

Given that it is allocated seating I find it rather odd.

Is it just the SAG being a pain?
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby scotsstag » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:46 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

Club loosing thousands and you think folk are moaning for the sake of it.
Are you real ???
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:04 pm

Upper West wrote:It still puzzles me that when a match is made all ticket they can sell more tickets yet not sell them on the day.

EFL regulations
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:06 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

As one of the people quoted as moaning, I am simply pointing out obvious issues in the communications and forward planning in the club. That is because there are repeated issues which are causing problems for fans and that could easily be fixed with a small change of approach. It seems to me that most people who are pointing out the issues are doing so because they want the club to get better and thrive.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Big Shirebrook Stag » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:16 pm

The game was announced as all ticket on the 19th December therefore creating an additional 700 tickets. This was the correct action to take. What is indefensible is making 500 of these tickets available for Sale on the last day of sale. The extra Grimsby tickets were available well in advance of the Game.

I know some of you will state that is is Christmas but the additional 500 could have been on the Ticket Site on Boxing Day.

Anyway lets concentrate on tonight's game and another 3 points hopefully.
Big Shirebrook Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:19 pm

Thats good gfb let's hope those in charge are listening. But let's have a bit of balance. The attendance figures this season are amazing. That hasn't been done by accident.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:36 pm

I agree and the attendance rise has come from the massive investment from the club in the management team, the squad and good pricing of the season tickets.
If they could sort out some basics and have someone actively looking at the unintended consequences of decisions and thinking about how things will play out, things could improve so much
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:23 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:I agree and the attendance rise has come from the massive investment from the club in the management team, the squad and good pricing of the season tickets.
If they could sort out some basics and have someone actively looking at the unintended consequences of decisions and thinking about how things will play out, things could improve so much
Maybe they are. Give them a bit of time. These level of attendances are unusual for us. Cup half full and all that. :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:40 am

Upper West wrote:
It still puzzles me that when a match is made all ticket they can sell more tickets yet not sell them on the day.

EFL regulations

Whoever it is I do not understand why
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:16 pm

Spoke to guy tonight, he start work next week putting huge marquee on
old training pitch next week. It will have bar toilets etc.
Its for supporters
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:27 am

The One wrote:Spoke to guy tonight, he start work next week putting huge marquee on
old training pitch next week. It will have bar toilets etc.
Its for supporters

That's brilliant news if true. It's what we've needed for a few years. Get some music on in there too, be great for pre match beers and atmosphere.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:37 am

I noticed that have started building steps up to the field, on the grass bank. Would be a good move.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:54 pm

They’ve dug a load out near the gate going round the back of the pitch too.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum