{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Doncaster game all-ticket/less than 300 left

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Doncaster game all-ticket/less than 300 left

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:47 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Doncaster home game made all-ticket

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:06 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MansfieldMick » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:23 pm

Anyone know if A and H blocks will be made available for this match? Only 7 tickets available for QLE and not 2 together. Was hoping this would be the second sell out in a week.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:35 pm

Old story I know, but with one day of sales left available, why hasn't the corner blocks been put on sale and there's only 2 seats left?
It's a thoroughly bizarre way to sell tickets.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:46 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Old story I know, but with one day of sales left available, why hasn't the corner blocks been put on sale and there's only 2 seats left?
It's a thoroughly bizarre way to sell tickets.

yep, Must be a reason we will find out one day
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:29 pm

Office has been closed today so nobody about to press the button to open up blocks A and H.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:01 am

And I had people berating me when I brought this issue up the other day. We miss out on a sell out because nobody has the facility to initiate the extra seats over a holiday period. Amateurs running a professional football club!
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:41 am

bigalstag1 wrote:And I had people berating me when I brought this issue up the other day. We miss out on a sell out because nobody has the facility to initiate the extra seats over a holiday period. Amateurs running a professional football club!

Not me pal I agree with you, since DS left some things have really gone down hill. I had someone text me yesterday as he wanted to take his 2 grandkids tomorrow night. No tickets available so he said I won't bother then. Surely A and H aren't already sold? 1 day to sell them seems a crazy way to run a business. Why didn't they put them up on Tuesday when the ticket office WAS open.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:53 am

No tickets available online despite social media pushing the links
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:07 am

MansfieldMick wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:And I had people berating me when I brought this issue up the other day. We miss out on a sell out because nobody has the facility to initiate the extra seats over a holiday period. Amateurs running a professional football club!

Not me pal I agree with you, since DS left some things have really gone down hill. I had someone text me yesterday as he wanted to take his 2 grandkids tomorrow night. No tickets available so he said I won't bother then. Surely A and H aren't already sold? 1 day to sell them seems a crazy way to run a business. Why didn't they put them up on Tuesday when the ticket office WAS open.

Waiting for the numbers needed by the flag bearers and youth teams friends and families.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:14 am

I'd be wondering why those people haven't already had their opportunity to purchase tickets though Pete. There's now 15 hours to sell the remainder because they faff about. Only 200-300 tickets but seems an odd way to miss out on selling out the home seats.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:24 am

part time pete wrote:
MansfieldMick wrote:

Waiting for the numbers needed by the flag bearers and youth teams friends and families.

Surely they must know well before, the day before is leaving it really late as obviously tickets can't be sold on matchday.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:28 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I'd be wondering why those people haven't already had their opportunity to purchase tickets though Pete. There's now 15 hours to sell the remainder because they faff about. Only 200-300 tickets but seems an odd way to miss out on selling out the home seats.

100 odd seats at £20 =£2000, I'm sure JR would rather have it than not.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:59 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:40 am

Wouldn't it just be easier to allocate X amount of tickets to the flag folk and all that and then you know- problem solved.

eg "thanks for purchasing the package, please let us know 1 week in advance of the game if you want x amount of seats otherwise these will be put on general sale"

Or is that too simple/straight forward to be thought of?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:41 am

The whole operations side of the football club is Sunday league standard at the moment, from flooded toilets in the west stand on Tuesday, to the last minute supply of tickets. What was OK ten years ago, with 3000 crowds, is just not good enough at this time
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Ethers1979 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:22 pm

Hello, I have a family member who can’t attend tomorrow but lives some distance from Mansfield. Would it be possible for him to send my wife a photo of his season card and her scan that to gain entry?
Ethers1979
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ST4GS » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:45 pm

First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby West Bridgford Stag » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:34 pm

There were quite a few empty seats in West Stand - from a Grimsby Fan vlog- it’s brilliant support at the moment- a few extra hundred would be great- and maybe move the dug-outs back to Bishop Street a that should provide maybe a few extra too.

coys
West Bridgford Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby scotsstag » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:38 pm

adamstag wrote:Wouldn't it just be easier to allocate X amount of tickets to the flag folk and all that and then you know- problem solved.

eg "thanks for purchasing the package, please let us know 1 week in advance of the game if you want x amount of seats otherwise these will be put on general sale"

Or is that too simple/straight forward to be thought of?

Yes it would mate, but as it's been said before it appears to be a far to simple and logical solution. :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Waterlogged

Postby Kernow » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:48 pm

Pitch would not be playable at the moment. Hope the sun Friday does its job.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby JessicasCat » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:19 pm

''There were quite a few empty seats in West Stand - from a Grimsby Fan vlog- it’s brilliant support at the moment- a few extra hundred would be great- and maybe move the dug-outs back to Bishop Street a that should provide maybe a few extra too.

coys"

Just a suggestion, but if as it seems some fans want a points system for away ticketing, how about if as a ST holder you can't attend the ticket is offered for resale and you receive X number of points. My son's mate couldn't attend on Boxing Day but as it's a 18-21 ticket I couldn't pass it onto one of my mates, so another empty seat. The club are missing a ticket on this one, reselling already paid for seats, surely a win,win.
Last edited by JessicasCat on Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JessicasCat
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby JessicasCat » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:20 pm

[

Just a suggestion, but if as it seems some fans want a points system for away ticketing, how about if as a ST holder and you can't attend, the ticket is offered for resale and you receive X number of points. My son's mate couldn't attend on Boxing Day but as it's a 18-21 ticket I couldn't pass it onto one of my mates, so another empty seat. The club are missing a trick
on this one, reselling already paid for seats, surely a win,win.
JessicasCat
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:52 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Doncaster game all-ticket/less than 300 left

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:34 pm

I'd suggest a more pro-active method of ticketing Johnny lad.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum