{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

tickets for Stockport away game - SOLD OUT

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: tickets for Stockport away game

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:51 pm

Joestag1 wrote:Time for a loyalty system yet?

We're all loyal Stags aren't we?
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:01 pm

Totally forgot about them whislt putting the kid to bed. Absolutely gutted to have missed it :(
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:02 pm

If anyone cannot make it for whatever reason, please PM me xx
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:05 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:If anyone cannot make it for whatever reason, please PM me xx

No need for PM, I can't make it
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:23 pm

The Hoffmeister wrote:

No, it is what it is.

I was going to get the ticket while getting the 7pm bus back to alfreton to get to train back, that the game was called off threw open and i forgot. That’s on me even though it’s down the road.

a loyalty system would he plain wrong.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:40 pm

adamstag wrote:
The Hoffmeister wrote:

No, it is what it is.

I was going to get the ticket while getting the 7pm bus back to alfreton to get to train back, that the game was called off threw open and i forgot. That’s on me even though it’s down the road.

No it would not. It would absolutely be the fairest way of doing things.

England reward those fans who travel with loyalty points that almost guarantee them tickets for the major tournaments.

I would wager that every single premier league and championship team has a loyalty system in place, giving those who travel week in week out a priority over those who go once a season for a big game. This also happens at other well supported teams like Bradford.

In what world could it possibly be fair that a fan who has been to every away game this season could potentially miss out on a ticket to Stockport, or for example Barrow on the final day, just because someone who has been to a couple of away games (or even no away games!) won the fastest finger first race online on the day of sales.

We should definitely have a system in place where we are accruing points for the games we attend. It wouldn’t be needed for 80-90% of games granted, but it’s only right that those tickets for the big games that arise go to the people that go week in, week out. How anybody could argue against that I don’t know and would love to hear an argument against it. Imagine telling a season ticket holder that they can’t have a ticket for a home cup game because a day tripper has nicked their seat in 10 minutes of sales and it’s sold out - that’s essentially the equivalent.

Anyone who wants to reply that ‘you would just get the same people going every week’ would be wrong. 85% of away games don’t sell out so there would be plenty of opportunity to get the points you need.

War and peace :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:21 am

If done it should begin at the start of a season. Then everyone would have a fair crack of the whip.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:35 am

Start work at 1900, knew they were on sale so set my alarm to remind me at 1855.

Clocked in then spent the next 5 minutes refreshing (sometimes they come online a bit earlier) but as soon as my phone ticked over to 1900, they were online straight away.
Took all of 1 minute to sort. Ticketing site works a treat, I have yet to encounter any problems with it touch wood.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:54 am

BH_Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
The Hoffmeister wrote:

No, it is what it is.

England reward those fans who travel with loyalty points that almost guarantee them tickets for the major tournaments.

I would wager that every single premier league and championship team has a loyalty system in place, giving those who travel week in week out a priority over those who go once a season for a big game. This also happens at other well supported teams like Bradford.

In what world could it possibly be fair that a fan who has been to every away game this season could potentially miss out on a ticket to Stockport, or for example Barrow on the final day, just because someone who has been to a couple of away games (or even no away games!) won the fastest finger first race online on the day of sales.

We should definitely have a system in place where we are accruing points for the games we attend. It wouldn’t be needed for 80-90% of games granted, but it’s only right that those tickets for the big games that arise go to the people that go week in, week out. How anybody could argue against that I don’t know and would love to hear an argument against it. Imagine telling a season ticket holder that they can’t have a ticket for a home cup game because a day tripper has nicked their seat in 10 minutes of sales and it’s sold out - that’s essentially the equivalent.

Anyone who wants to reply that ‘you would just get the same people going every week’ would be wrong. 85% of away games don’t sell out so there would be plenty of opportunity to get the points you need.

So basically it's a loyalty scheme for the retired, unemployed or self-employed own bosses who have the free time to travel to the far flung places to accrue "points"??
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:47 am

If anyone does have one that they don’t need would be forever in your debt.

At least can have a proper new years evening if can’t get
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:48 am

There is nothing stopping you buying tickets to far flung places and not going in order to get the points for a Stockport away ticket on a bank holiday. :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:49 am

The Hoffmeister wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
The Hoffmeister wrote:

No, it is what it is.

So basically it's a loyalty scheme for the retired, unemployed or self-employed own bosses who have the free time to travel to the far flung places to accrue "points"??

Exactly, it’s a nonsense of an idea.

Sometimes folk are going to miss out, like i have here, travel to a decent amount of away games, each home game is an away game in theory / if there was such a system i’d be one of those to benefit from it, but it’s not something i’d want.

I missed out fair and square as i forgot, it is what it is
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:49 am

BH_Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
The Hoffmeister wrote:

No, it is what it is.

We already have a loyalty system - season ticket holders get first dibs. What is more loyal than putting your money into your own club every year, some people for over 20 years ? With an away loyalty scheme you would be rewarding people for giving money to other clubs.
Some of us can't get to every away game as we have other commitments which mean we don't have the time or money to travel to 23 away games a year as well as attending home games. In fact many don't even get to every home game but still buy a season ticket to support the club.
Personally, I just about break even on my season ticket every year but I like to try and get to a couple of away games every season and my usual choice is to tick off a ground I haven't been to before. I have no interest in the 'big games' such as County, Doncaster, etc. where I find myself surrounded by people who have been drinking for several hours before hand and are more interested in goading the opposition fans than watching the game.
This season, one of the games on my radar was Harrogate as I hadn't had chance to go there before, but with limited numbers available there would have been no chance of me getting one if a loyalty scheme was in place.
I appreciate it is disappointing for people who travel regularly to miss out on the odd game, but there are 2 sides to every argument and in my opinion a loyalty scheme would, over a period of time, create an exclusive 'away club'.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Colchester Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:09 pm

Stoney wrote:They gave us 1400 last season. What's changed?

Bigger crowds and the away fans are housed down the sides at a "much-reduced allocation.".....It always rains in Manchester 8-) :o
Colchester Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:22 pm

Dave, we don’t sell out for 80-90% of away games. Anybody who wants to build their points to guarantee a ticket for big games would be able to do so. There wouldn’t be an ‘exclusive’ club.

I find it utterly baffling that anyone would find it fair that people who are making long trips to Crawley and Sutton just before Christmas, where we probably won’t even sell half the allocation, could miss out on a Stockport ticket to somebody who has never been to an away game!

Season ticket loyalty works for most of our away games absolutely, but there are games where demand far outweighs supply and it should be fairer. It might not suit you in particular but you’d have the chance to get your points. If you missed out on a ticket for Harrogate to people that go week in week out that’s fair enough in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:19 pm

We’ll see what it’s like when 3000 people are fighting for Barrow tickets to watch us seal promotion on the final game. Fingers crossed we go up just to rid these rancid sub 1000 allocations at conference north sides like Harrogate
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Retro rob » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:30 pm

Missed sale! Anybody with one spare, consider me please.
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nottsstag100 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:02 pm

Anyone with a Spare please PM, don’t mind paying extra
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:15 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Dave, we don’t sell out for 80-90% of away games. Anybody who wants to build their points to guarantee a ticket for big games would be able to do so. There wouldn’t be an ‘exclusive’ club.

I find it utterly baffling that anyone would find it fair that people who are making long trips to Crawley and Sutton just before Christmas, where we probably won’t even sell half the allocation, could miss out on a Stockport ticket to somebody who has never been to an away game!

Season ticket loyalty works for most of our away games absolutely, but there are games where demand far outweighs supply and it should be fairer. It might not suit you in particular but you’d have the chance to get your points. If you missed out on a ticket for Harrogate to people that go week in week out that’s fair enough in my opinion.

So what you are basically saying is that if you want to attend an away game an hour or so from home with high demand, the only way to guarantee that is to rack up a few 3+ hour away trips to earn points ?
As I have said, a lot of people haven't got the time or the funds to be able to do that due to other commitments. Do you think is is fair that they are excluded ?
I will openly admit that my life doesn't revolve around Mansfield Town and if I had missed out on a Harrogate ticket then so be it. I understand that others would be far more disappointed at not getting a ticket.
Where do you draw the line though ? Some people have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt when demand was far lower but can't do it now so they should miss out on the big games because they aren't doing it now ?
It seems very unfair that we suddenly start measuring 'loyalty' when we are doing well. Surely loyalty is those who were making long distance away trips during the Haslam and early Conference years when the product was absolute garbage ? Sadly, we have no way of measuring that !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:40 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dave, we don’t sell out for 80-90% of away games. Anybody who wants to build their points to guarantee a ticket for big games would be able to do so. There wouldn’t be an ‘exclusive’ club.

So what you are basically saying is that if you want to attend an away game an hour or so from home with high demand, the only way to guarantee that is to rack up a few 3+ hour away trips to earn points ?
As I have said, a lot of people haven't got the time or the funds to be able to do that due to other commitments. Do you think is is fair that they are excluded ?
I will openly admit that my life doesn't revolve around Mansfield Town and if I had missed out on a Harrogate ticket then so be it. I understand that others would be far more disappointed at not getting a ticket.
Where do you draw the line though ? Some people have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt when demand was far lower but can't do it now so they should miss out on the big games because they aren't doing it now ?
It seems very unfair that we suddenly start measuring 'loyalty' when we are doing well. Surely loyalty is those who were making long distance away trips during the Haslam and early Conference years when the product was absolute garbage ? Sadly, we have no way of measuring that !!

March 1986, Luke and Cassells in a 2-1 win at Plainmoor on a Saturday night or even better, September 1975 1-0 at Somerset Park, surely I deserve some points? :lol:
Last edited by The Hoffmeister on Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:43 pm

Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying and I do think that’s fair. If that sounds harsh then so be it.

People aren’t being excluded from every game are they? As we know we don’t sell out for the majority of games so there is opportunity for anybody to attend an away game if they wish - but if somebody has been to 20 away games, and somebody has only been to County, then the person who has invested the time & money in to going to 20 away games should have a priority slot for a high demand game.

I completely appreciate that attending a lot of away games isn’t possible for a lot of people, for whatever reason that might be, but if they therefore miss out on tickets for a high demand game due to a loyalty system that’s something that they have to deal with.

Imagine if season tickets weren’t a thing, and you went to 22 home games, and on the last one, a promotion clincher, you couldn’t get a ticket because somebody who rarely goes has nabbed your seat - you’d be fuming and it wouldn’t be fair. That’s the equivalent of what’s being discussed. That’s why season tickets were introduced, and a similar thing should be in place for away games.

As for ‘how do we measure it’ - well you have to start somewhere, and doing it at a time when attendances are up and we have a strong travelling support seems the right time for me. It would also encourage the fan base to grow in my opinion as it would incentivise more people to go to games which is no bad thing.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BELSE » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:22 pm

will you grow up if you did,t get on web site in time its your fault
i am sick of you lot moaning because you did not get your own way
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bear 73 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:40 pm

Football is entertainment and supply and demand comes into play, all season ticket holders are the life blood of any club.
All tickets are sold on a first come basis to season ticket holders, and fans who cannot attend most game come second which we all agree with.
A supporter is a supporter their are no rules and all are welcome, be happy the club have a demand, and are doing well.
We all have the chance to buy a season ticket and with this can attend many away matches,
With only limited away allocation their is no fair way, . listen to Martin and Deano, ifollow cover games not played a 1500hrs Sat
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:04 pm

Christ on a bike Belse...

You do realise more than 906 fans were trying to access tickets at the same time don't you?

Don't be so dismissive. Many regular away fans that have season tickets have missed out. This isn't the clubs fault, is a capacity issue however we do need to look at the bigger picture.

This topic comes up a few times a season, clearly there's an issue...
Last edited by PEAR CIDER on Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:04 pm

BELSE wrote:will you grow up if you did,t get on web site in time its your fault
i am sick of you lot moaning because you did not get your own way

I have a ticket :lol: As Pear says there’s a bigger picture to be looked at.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum