{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

tickets for Stockport away game - SOLD OUT

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: tickets for Stockport away game

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:08 pm

part time pete wrote:There is nothing stopping you buying tickets to far flung places and not going in order to get the points for a Stockport away ticket on a bank holiday. :lol: :lol:

Brilliant. Would I then be counted in away attendances for games I didn't attend as well as for the home games where I don't use my season ticket ? :lol:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:14 pm

The Hoffmeister wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dave, we don’t sell out for 80-90% of away games. Anybody who wants to build their points to guarantee a ticket for big games would be able to do so. There wouldn’t be an ‘exclusive’ club.

I find it utterly baffling that anyone would find it fair that people who are making long trips to Crawley and Sutton just before Christmas, where we probably won’t even sell half the allocation, could miss out on a Stockport ticket to somebody who has never been to an away game!

Season ticket loyalty works for most of our away games absolutely, but there are games where demand far outweighs supply and it should be fairer. It might not suit you in particular but you’d have the chance to get your points. If you missed out on a ticket for Harrogate to people that go week in week out that’s fair enough in my opinion.

So what you are basically saying is that if you want to attend an away game an hour or so from home with high demand, the only way to guarantee that is to rack up a few 3+ hour away trips to earn points ?
As I have said, a lot of people haven't got the time or the funds to be able to do that due to other commitments. Do you think is is fair that they are excluded ?
I will openly admit that my life doesn't revolve around Mansfield Town and if I had missed out on a Harrogate ticket then so be it. I understand that others would be far more disappointed at not getting a ticket.
Where do you draw the line though ? Some people have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt when demand was far lower but can't do it now so they should miss out on the big games because they aren't doing it now ?
It seems very unfair that we suddenly start measuring 'loyalty' when we are doing well. Surely loyalty is those who were making long distance away trips during the Haslam and early Conference years when the product was absolute garbage ? Sadly, we have no way of measuring that !!

March 1986, Luke and Cassells in a 2-1 win at Plainmoor on a Saturday night or even better, September 1975 1-0 at Somerset Park, surely I deserve some points? :lol:

We can all list random games like that, but can you prove you were there ? ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:57 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
The Hoffmeister wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dave, we don’t sell out for 80-90% of away games. Anybody who wants to build their points to guarantee a ticket for big games would be able to do so. There wouldn’t be an ‘exclusive’ club.

I find it utterly baffling that anyone would find it fair that people who are making long trips to Crawley and Sutton just before Christmas, where we probably won’t even sell half the allocation, could miss out on a Stockport ticket to somebody who has never been to an away game!

Season ticket loyalty works for most of our away games absolutely, but there are games where demand far outweighs supply and it should be fairer. It might not suit you in particular but you’d have the chance to get your points. If you missed out on a ticket for Harrogate to people that go week in week out that’s fair enough in my opinion.

So what you are basically saying is that if you want to attend an away game an hour or so from home with high demand, the only way to guarantee that is to rack up a few 3+ hour away trips to earn points ?
As I have said, a lot of people haven't got the time or the funds to be able to do that due to other commitments. Do you think is is fair that they are excluded ?
I will openly admit that my life doesn't revolve around Mansfield Town and if I had missed out on a Harrogate ticket then so be it. I understand that others would be far more disappointed at not getting a ticket.
Where do you draw the line though ? Some people have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt when demand was far lower but can't do it now so they should miss out on the big games because they aren't doing it now ?
It seems very unfair that we suddenly start measuring 'loyalty' when we are doing well. Surely loyalty is those who were making long distance away trips during the Haslam and early Conference years when the product was absolute garbage ? Sadly, we have no way of measuring that !!

March 1986, Luke and Cassells in a 2-1 win at Plainmoor on a Saturday night or even better, September 1975 1-0 at Somerset Park, surely I deserve some points? :lol:

We can all list random games like that, but can you prove you were there ? ;)

Unfortunately not, no "fans gallery" in those days :lol:
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Mansf1eld » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:05 am

After an adult spare if there's one knocking about ;)
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Costastag » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:20 am

At least its available on i follow for everyone
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:34 pm

I went to Kettering Town on Boxing Day 2008 and got into a disagreement with some leery-arsed lads who were racially abusing Iyseden Christie. Surely that's 50 tickets just for me?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:01 pm

My first away game was 1957 , okay I was chanting goo goo dada goo goo and sucking on a bottle of milk, but think how many away bonus points I have accumulated
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Showaddywaddy » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:10 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I went to Kettering Town on Boxing Day 2008 and got into a disagreement with some leery-arsed lads who were racially abusing Iyseden Christie. Surely that's 50 tickets just for me?

I was there that day, on the open terrace behind the goal. It was absolutely freezing and I had the worst Bovril ever. It was like drinking boiling hot salty sludge, that said it was probably still the highlight of the game. Pretty sure it finished 0-0 but the game was that rubbish I can’t be certain.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:30 pm

chimneyboy wrote:My first away game was 1957 , okay I was chanting goo goo dada goo goo and sucking on a bottle of milk, but think how many away bonus points I have accumulated

You will saying next only folk who went to Concord Rangers away in the FA Cup should get first dibs. :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Re: tickets for Stockport away game - SOLD OUT

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:14 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tre Cool » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:36 pm

I too missed out simply for forgetting. I was out on the beers in green dragon.

Bit of a weird time to put them on sale, Saturday night when people are out doing things. Not that they had any trouble shifting them, but tickets have always gone on sale on a weekday in the past.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:03 pm

part time pete wrote:
chimneyboy wrote:My first away game was 1957 , okay I was chanting goo goo dada goo goo and sucking on a bottle of milk, but think how many away bonus points I have accumulated

You will saying next only folk who went to Concord Rangers away in the FA Cup should get first dibs. :lol: :lol:

good shout that pete. Anyone who aquaplaned down the motorway on that shockingly wet tuesday night and stood in torrential rain should be given a complimentary meal in hospitality at a match of their choice. please forward my request to the SSA
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:50 pm

Tre Cool wrote:I too missed out simply for forgetting. I was out on the beers in green dragon.

Bit of a weird time to put them on sale, Saturday night when people are out doing things. Not that they had any trouble shifting them, but tickets have always gone on sale on a weekday in the past.

It’s so the ticket office don’t have to do anything basically.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:52 pm

In hindsight it’s on ifollow.

So in reality with it being NYD you’be probably got a better deal watching it on there in the comfort of your own lounge rather n than traipsing over the hills in the dark and possibly snow/ice when hungover.

If you’re going to miss a game to watch at home, i think this is the one :coys:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:24 pm

Whatever helps you sleep at night Manchester Stag
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:05 pm

chimneyboy wrote:
part time pete wrote:

good shout that pete. Anyone who aquaplaned down the motorway on that shockingly wet tuesday night and stood in torrential rain should be given a complimentary meal in hospitality at a match of their choice. please forward my request to the SSA

Is it too late to play the 'went to a PSF in Inverness' card?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:39 pm

Sneag wrote:
chimneyboy wrote:
part time pete wrote:

i was at that one, Billy Dearden gave us match tickets and they put 5 past us :D
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:49 pm

chimneyboy wrote:
Sneag wrote:
chimneyboy wrote:
part time pete wrote:

i was at that one, Billy Dearden gave us match tickets and they put 5 past us :D

Don’t forget Elgin City too.. Can’t remember much about the match ( beer and whisky might have been involved) although the pitch was awful and one of the Stags players managed to kick the flag while trying to take a corner kick…
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:25 pm

Me & my mate got freebies from the Caley stewards, they just opened a gate & waved a bunch of us in. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:08 am

Surely the 30 odd of us who were at York for the Satanta shield game, considering it was our third visit to York in a few weeks, should have first dibs as well or even free tickets like that night.
part time pete

Postby part time pete » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:15 am

Tre Cool wrote:I too missed out simply for forgetting. I was out on the beers in green dragon.

Not really a weird time. If we are playing away on a Saturday the away tickets go on sale at 5pm on a Friday after the office is shut.
If we have a home game on Saturday the away tickets go on sale at 7pm on Saturday, again after the office is shut.

This is so folk are not collecting tickets on a match day which would burden the office staff when trying to cope with their normal duties on match days without sorting out away tickets for games that are at least a fortnight away.
part time pete

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:24 am

Whoever thought up 7PM on a Saturday night is obviously someone who stays in watching Strictly Bake off, imo a completely random and daft time to put tickets on sale. I dashed back from the pub at 6 45 to get mine but when I got into my bedsit the cat had knocked the budgies cage over trying to get at it and by the time I had sorted that out they had sold out . Luckily got one now
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:41 am

Is the budgie ok?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:44 am

If I ask Santa for one? :think:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:44 am

Spiritater wrote:Is the budgie ok?

Yes thanks for asking M. A bit off her food but no harm done.
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum