{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ollie Clarke

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ollie Clarke

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm

He was excellent, I thought Nigel would take him off at half time due to his yellow card but ge stayed on and kept his nose clean to play a starring role.

So many stars today.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:46 pm

Most touches, tackles, duels won and of course two assists to top it off. Bravo Clarkey.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:49 pm

When he got booked early on, I feared for him as you could clearly see how fired up for it he was. What followed was the best captains performance that I can remember whilst watching the Stags. He might not have the armband, but he poured every inch of his soul into that game.

What a guy.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:50 pm

Absolute beast today.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:00 pm

captain fantastic

well played skip
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:09 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:captain fantastic

well played skip

Absolutely immense
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:16 pm

Great fighting display from the whole team / subs, very well done...... Can we hit top spot on Saturday V Crewe? COYS
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:24 pm

He's always been my favourite player and if fit would be the first name on the team sheet every week irrespective of who we were playing..teams don't like him up and at them....he's our driving force .
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:46 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Most touches, tackles, duels won and of course two assists to top it off. Bravo Clarkey.

Put like that, he's clearly MoM. He was everywhere and involved in everything we did well.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:35 pm

Set his stall out straight away winning the ball from their player within seconds of the kick off.

As Cloughie said in his interviews, a better ball from Lewis and we could have easily had a goal within 20 seconds (if you'd back Oates to put it away that is - not sure I would :lol:)

That start from Clarke showed he was up for this one.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:30 am

I'd doubt that we have a single player who wants promotion as badly as Ollie Clarke - his commitment and performances always suggest so. His only ever failing whilst being at Mansfield Town has been his perpetual picking up of injuries; he's been the classic: played 6, pick up a knock, out for 4 weeks player.

Ultimately, I think if he can stay largely injury free then he has a huge role to play in our potential success.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Vinnie » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:03 am

He's somebody who turns up for the big games when we need him I think. Not sure if I haven't noticed it before, but he seemed to enjoy the two goals yesterday a bit more than usual. Can't blame him really, MOM for me which says a lot when the whole team performed like they did.
Vinnie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:20 am

Vinnie wrote:He's somebody who turns up for the big games when we need him I think. Not sure if I haven't noticed it before, but he seemed to enjoy the two goals yesterday a bit more than usual. Can't blame him really, MOM for me which says a lot when the whole team performed like they did.

I thought exactly the same - I don't know if it's his usual demeanour and/or he's just so focused on the cause but he's always seemed to give the impression of someone who is a bit unhappy, and doesn't get involved with the fans like other do. We're all different though and his commitment can never be questioned. His interview was lovely though after the game yesterday.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum