{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Burton scorefred

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Burton scorefred

Postby Laney_MTFC » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:19 am

I apologise to other posters for boring you all with this and will try not to repeat it.

And I have never ‘claimed to’ or actually worked for the civil service.[/quote]

Wow guys, im sorry my question caused this sort of reaction. To clarify i did buy a match pass and watch the game so didnt defraud the club out of anything. The wrexham game was on Bein sports, i wondered if this game would be on anything like that and it wasnt so i paid. Im also a season ticket holder and was a season ticket holder in the covid season, purely to help the club ( i did not want money back for it ). I hope thats cleared things up :)
Laney_MTFC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby victor A block » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:32 am

Not sorry we lost and are out.
Few bits to learn from it though.
We still miss Clarke. Boetang just drains the life out or me. He's got the energy of a midfield Harry McGuire.
Swan and Gale wont be threatening any league 2 defenders any time soon. I think Clough said both went off injured but their contributions before that were poor again. Gale perhaps wasn't in the managers mind to play a major part this season and probably still needs a loan move but Swan obviously was signed, potentially as our main striker in terms of goals. If we miss out on promotion, barring injuries to key players in other areas, it will be upfront that will cost us.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:51 am

I'm surprised that some people are glad to be out of this tournament. It was really useful for the second string players and those trying to gain match fitness or sharpness.

Obviously, friendly matches behind closed doors will make up for this to some extent, but the chance of getting competitive games in is now over for several players. Flinders, for instance, would benefit from more games where he knows that it's worth risking injury by making a courageous decision.

Not to mention that expenses are covered by the prize money.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:28 am

Bradders wrote:I'm surprised that some people are glad to be out of this tournament. It was really useful for the second string players and those trying to gain match fitness or sharpness.

Obviously, friendly matches behind closed doors will make up for this to some extent, but the chance of getting competitive games in is now over for several players. Flinders, for instance, would benefit from more games where he knows that it's worth risking injury by making a courageous decision.

Not to mention that expenses are covered by the prize money.

Clough has said that there are a couple of central league reserve games to play before Christmas.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:46 pm

So we leave our last cup competition and a good source of revenue with a added bonus of looking at our squad and keeping fitness levels up.
My observation is defence fine, midfield fine but short on fire power,
Our fringe players of Swan=Gale=Cooper not progressing as i would have expected, Brunt showing the standard required to progress at this level.
Strikers are vital in our progress and with about 7 games before Jan , time is running out for Swan and Gale.
Oates=Bowery= Akins not enough in the challenges that lie a head.
Come January Nigel has some big decisions to make and scoring goals will be vital.
Cooper found out how far of the pace he was coming against a out of form Stockton, who bullied him.
With Hewitt and Kilgour in the wings our defence and midfield sorted
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:52 pm

bear 73 wrote:So we leave our last cup competition and a good source of revenue with a added bonus of looking at our squad and keeping fitness levels up.
Our fringe players of Swan=Gale=Cooper not progressing as i would have expected, Brunt showing the standard required to progress at this level.
Strikers are vital in our progress and with about 7 games before Jan , time is running out for Swan and Gale.
Come January Nigel has some big decisions to make and scoring goals will be vital.
Cooper found out how far of the pace he was coming against a out of form Stockton, who bullied him.

some have been saying since the cows came home that we need a striker in January (Amber Andy apart), NC has had numerous transfer windows to source one and not done so. Ultimately he will stand or fall by decisions over the next few months.
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:19 pm

Last edited by adamstag on Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:21 pm

chimneyboy wrote:
bear 73 wrote:So we leave our last cup competition and a good source of revenue with a added bonus of looking at our squad and keeping fitness levels up.

some have been saying since the cows came home that we need a striker in January (Amber Andy apart), NC has had numerous transfer windows to source one and not done so. Ultimately he will stand or fall by decisions over the next few months.

I think at the end of the transfer window most of us were very content with our squad. However, I think it is fair to say Swan has struggled when given the opportunity, as has Gale and it is now clear we probably do need a striker, possibly a loan one, in January. I think for once I am in total agreement with bear :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:09 pm

Swan is a dilemma. Why do we need a striker in January, when we've just paid good money for a striker? Does Clough keep on giving him game time in case he gets his form back? Where does it leave Swan if we get a loan player in to do the job he's being paid for?

He's meant to be a finisher, and although that infers that chances have to be set up for him, I would also expect him to be in a good position to receive chances, and then to show guile, aggression and finishing prowess. He doesn't seem to be managing any of that so far this season.

Gale is easier to understand, because he wasn't expected to be the finished product just yet and can be thought of as an investment in the future.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:30 pm

the sands of the January time for young Swany are sadly running low, i would fully expect JR to support Cloughie in the TX window for the final couple of pieces “if” we are there or there abouts in Jan.

Come on Swany get them there scoring boots back out before it’s to late
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:33 pm

chimneyboy wrote:

You don't half talk some raspberries!!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:01 pm

Clough said only on Monday that there are no long term doubts over Swan.

I don’t think we have any issues scoring goals.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:20 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
chimneyboy wrote:

You don't half talk some raspberries!!

they sound like bigalstag or diablos second account :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:39 pm

More chance of them being Chimneys second account :lol:
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:18 am

I only need one account, bobbystagsfan,so to have an opinion and voice it, whereas you come on here and all you're fit for, is to call anybody that doesn't agree with you. You must have some fair sized splinters in your backside, as all you ever do,is sit on the fence and toe the party line.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:16 am

bigalstag1 wrote:I only need one account, bobbystagsfan,so to have an opinion and voice it, whereas you come on here and all you're fit for, is to call anybody that doesn't agree with you. You must have some fair sized splinters in your backside, as all you ever do,is sit on the fence and toe the party line.

I have an opinion too and voice mine, but mine isn't a whinge even when things are mostly going right

Don't remember calling everyone out who doesn't agree with me though, again you as usual chatting out your arris.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:13 am

Has Keillor-Dunn fell off the face of the earth?

Who is this mystery forward we are signing in january who is better than all our forwards? Who are we replacing? If we are replacing Swan then why are we bothering to get 10 minutes here and there and gets starts once every few weeks or so or in a, and I quote Clough here, "training game".

So I will ask you. Who will we feasibly sell or do we just go and get our 7th forward?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:37 am

gazza1988 wrote:

Who is this mystery forward we are signing in january who is better than all our forwards? Who are we replacing? If we are replacing Swan then why are we bothering to get 10 minutes here and there and gets starts once every few weeks or so or in a, and I quote Clough here, "training game".

So I will ask you. Who will we feasibly sell or do we just go and get our 7th forward?

DKD is a midfielder
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:40 am

Richard Cranium wrote:More chance of them being Chimneys second account :lol:

:D just me, I abide by forum rules. My opinions differ from some but many agree, thats what makes a forum
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:53 am

chimneyboy wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

DKD is a midfielder

An attacking midfielder that has played CF more than a handful of times and our leading scorer.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:39 am

gazza1988 wrote:

Kellor Dunn. plays midfield but can play a forward role if needed, but most would agree midfield is the preferred position, he played as a winger at Burton
Swan i think has a groin injury that needs a operation only guessing but would explain his performances
Who will we sell it would be a defender or midfield if we had to, , 11 defenders, and 10 midfielders.
Quoting Rob i think it will be a loan player from a higher division ,
There is never a training game with Clough. just a chance to test the squad, because its the whole squad that is needed in a effort to achieve success
Swan and Gale are young and a year is a long time in football, , i trust Clough will give them both every opportunity to come good at Mansfield
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:47 am

bigalstag1 wrote:I only need one account, bobbystagsfan,so to have an opinion and voice it, whereas you come on here and all you're fit for, is to call anybody that doesn't agree with you. You must have some fair sized splinters in your backside, as all you ever do,is sit on the fence and toe the party line.

I think the point that’s being made is all your posts are negative or in other words all you do is whine.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:16 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
chimneyboy wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

DKD is a midfielder

An attacking midfielder that has played CF more than a handful of times and our leading scorer.

and therein lies the point, a midfielder is our leading scorer......
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:21 pm

Didn't Clough count him in his list of strikers / up front players in his start of the season interview?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:25 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Didn't Clough count him in his list of strikers / up front players in his start of the season interview?

If a midfielder scores 20+ in a season & the strikers only get 10ish each does it matter.

We did okay with Liam Lawrence as top scorer (until his brain fart in Cardiff)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum