{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough & Callum Johnson press conference, Tue 14 Nov

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough & Callum Johnson press conference, Tue 14 Nov

Postby Warsop Stag » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:25 pm

Nigel is an outstanding human being. His dad would be proud of him.

He’s an absolute credit to our club and we’re lucky to have him.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Elkesley Stag » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:16 pm

chimneyboy wrote:Forgive me for being selfish but in three life sentences of watching us play I have only seen us at Championship level for one season and would like to do so again before I meet my maker.

Just not Stoke at home first game, I’m way past running that fast ever again
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:04 pm

Elkesley Stag wrote:
chimneyboy wrote:Forgive me for being selfish but in three life sentences of watching us play I have only seen us at Championship level for one season and would like to do so again before I meet my maker.

Just not Stoke at home first game, I’m way past running that fast ever again

On the plus side, most of the Stokies that chased me that day would be in their 70s now.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:54 pm

League number 1 would do most of us very nicely for 2 or 3 seasons
Anything after that would be a bonus
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:34 am

bigalstag1 wrote:And we'll probably be stuck at 7400 if we don't hurry up and make some advance on this stadium. Its already dropping to bits, facilities are poor, and the sale of merchandise none existent. Time we were putting in a time table for improvement and the quicker the better.

I totally agree. The only place we are doing well is on the playing side.

The last couple of years has seen us stagnate off the pitch and if anything move backwards. Communication from the club is at an all time low and even though it's great to see more fans through the turnstile each week, this has lead to a poorer match day experience.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:57 pm

stag324 wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:And we'll probably be stuck at 7400 if we don't hurry up and make some advance on this stadium. Its already dropping to bits, facilities are poor, and the sale of merchandise none existent. Time we were putting in a time table for improvement and the quicker the better.

The last couple of years has seen us stagnate off the pitch and if anything move backwards. Communication from the club is at an all time low and even though it's great to see more fans through the turnstile each week, this has lead to a poorer match day experience.
In what way has it lead to a poorer match day experience ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:15 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
stag324 wrote:

Because the facilities in our crappy stadium are inadequate for any gate above 5,000.

The food outlets are too small & too few, ditto the toilets. I don't think we have any lady posters on here anymore but the wife informs me their bogs are gopping.

I think beyond rebuilding the Bish & finishing the 2 ends (has anyone mentioned this previously) I think the owners have done all they can to improve the existing structure. The problem lies in the 'no corner left uncut' raspberries design of the stadium.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:16 pm

Over-crowded toilets, massive queues at kiosks meaning, a truly awful club shop (many would use this on a match day), leaking roof, rusty seats (many covered in pigeon crap), not enough turnstiles so large queues to get in, massively over-crowded supporters bar.......
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:20 pm

Rob wrote:Over-crowded toilets, massive queues at kiosks meaning, a truly awful club shop (many would use this on a match day), leaking roof, rusty seats (many covered in pigeon crap), not enough turnstiles so large queues to get in, massively over-crowded supporters bar.......

TBF I complained about the leaking roof above my seat last season, but I think the accumulation of pigeon crap has blocked the hole, so every cloud & all that. :D
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:38 pm

Rob wrote:Over-crowded toilets, massive queues at kiosks meaning, a truly awful club shop (many would use this on a match day), leaking roof, rusty seats (many covered in pigeon crap), not enough turnstiles so large queues to get in, massively over-crowded supporters bar.......

It’s ridiculous that we only have 4 turnstiles in a 5,500 capacity Ian Greaves stand
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:45 pm

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
stag324 wrote:

Because the facilities in our crappy stadium are inadequate for any gate above 5,000.

The food outlets are too small & too few, ditto the toilets. I don't think we have any lady posters on here anymore but the wife informs me their bogs are gopping.

I think beyond rebuilding the Bish & finishing the 2 ends (has anyone mentioned this previously) I think the owners have done all they can to improve the existing structure. The problem lies in the 'no corner left uncut' raspberries design of the stadium.

The fans and the management wouldn't accept such levels of the players.

Likewise, the club expects the fans to show it respect and keep paying and buying. But the club doesnt return the levels it expects from it's players and fans. It should be an equal relationship. The ground needs big improvements.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:20 pm

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
stag324 wrote:

The only way to rescue the current West Stand is to fill in both corners to the two tier height and use the new available concourse space for much bigger toilet blocks, kiosks and turnstiles. It'd also add a couple of thousand onto the capacity.

The only other option would be to level the thing and start again.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:29 pm

There's loads of unused space in there Mark, it wouldn't take much to at least make it better. For me, as I might have mentioned, a 4 sided ground should come before filling in the corners.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:00 am

Amberheart wrote:

It’s ridiculous that we only have 4 turnstiles in a 5,500 capacity Ian Greaves stand

There are 5 turnstiles at the Quarry Lane end of the West Stand (2 Upper and 3 Lower - although often only 2 Lower open), and I believe from those who enter at the North Stand end there are another 4 at that end.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:13 am

Rob wrote:There's loads of unused space in there Mark, it wouldn't take much to at least make it better. For me, as I might have mentioned, a 4 sided ground should come before filling in the corners.

I don't disagree at all mate - as soon as there's a new stand over there then personally I'll be moving; simply because the facilities in the Greavsie are honking and to me they're long overdue being sorted.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:48 am

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
stag324 wrote:

You are right. Personally I only go for the football, but I can now see all the other things, that are important to others, need considerable improvement.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:18 pm

Can't remember the last time I bought owt from the kiosks. Although that is more down to how much they charge for stuff. Imagine how bad the queues will be be if prices were lowered to "a little overpriced" or even if it was reasonably priced.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum