{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report including injury news

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report including injury news

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:31 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report including injury news

Postby victor A block » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:52 am

Incredible how our innocuous injury run continues. Clarke comes off with a knock on the thigh v Wrexham which then transforms into out for a few weeks. Similar with Akins.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:50 pm

victor A block wrote:Incredible how our innocuous injury run continues. Clarke comes off with a knock on the thigh v Wrexham which then transforms into out for a few weeks. Similar with Akins.

Least RH academy isn't getting the blame for once :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:22 pm

Good news on Quinn. Didn’t realise he was going to be back so soon. Hopefully he can get back to his former self - can’t be easy getting up to full speed again at 37 after a decent lay off
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:03 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
victor A block wrote:Incredible how our innocuous injury run continues. Clarke comes off with a knock on the thigh v Wrexham which then transforms into out for a few weeks. Similar with Akins.

No doubt some will blame the training methods and want the strength and conditioning coach sacked
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:10 am

Spiritater wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

No doubt some will blame the training methods and want the strength and conditioning coach sacked

David Waldie is doing well hiding in the shadows at the minute :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:48 am

Spiritater wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I have a theory.

Late subs. No squad rotation unless we are behind/drawing and under pressure, it's very late in the game. Sometimes injury and a sending off risk.

It is never rotation to keep starters fresh and keep backup players ticking over. 10-15 minutes isn't enough imo. Then to combat fatigue we give players days off training. So some of our players train part time.

Don't get me wrong. I know why Clough does it. He loves a settled side. I can't blame him for it. I think the modern game doesn't suit the same XI every game. To be fair we don't always keep the same XI we swap it up for cup games. Look at our results immediately before Doncaster in the trophy. Draws, 1 goal in 3 games. Then after Doncaster (made 8 changes) we then thrashed county 4-1 (gone from scoring 1 in 3 to 4 in 1) after a break. We then got forest green off and we put another 4 past Harrogate. And then another 2 past Walsall.

So after we rested playing in the starting XI we scored 10 in 3.

The downside to doing this, and highly likely why Nigel doesn't like doing it, is it can disrupt the way a side plays.
Which can leave more gaps than usual while the subs settle into the game.

It is the only thing that has remained constant these past few years and we've had injuries. Like we play players until they breakdown.

Then again we could chop and change and then Clough would be labelled a tinker man. Thing is Clough has good depth so we could pull it off.

It is theory.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sharp » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:26 pm

The only way resting or rotating players would have helped Akins not fracture below his eye is if he wasn't in the starting 11 at all. Clarke seems to be a player that does constantly pick up knocks, but his style of play will also lend itself to that.

The injury front has been more promising lately and it certainly wasn't just us in this position at the start of the season.
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:54 pm

It has been much more promising, it was just a theory. A thought even, spoken out loud (well written out)

A fractured anything in football isn't a fitness based injury.

I mean you are right about him being out the XI would certainly have helped but that's hindsight territory. We can all play that game all day.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:32 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin