{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

James McClean

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

James McClean

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:43 pm

Why do people even bother letting him wind them up?

He'll always be a raspberry, just don't give him the attention he craves.

If he want's to laugh during the last post, he's doing it for his attention craving self and wants to provoke.

Last laugh is on us folk, he pays taxes on his wages - of which a proportion funds the British military he claims to hate so much. Leave him be, he's a clown.

Equally the idiot making out he wanted to get to him, trying to climb over an already open gate :lol: so terrifying :lol:

stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Re: James McClean

Postby yorkstag » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:15 pm

No Wrexham fans posting on Twitter in defence but a few Irish Republicans defending him .

At the end of the day the whole episode was a bit of nonsense.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:55 pm

or embarrassing
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:02 pm

He's an easy target for red-faced easily wound up numpties to waste their limited breath on.
Personally I quite easily ignored anything McClean did. If he doesn't like Remembrance Day then that's perfectly up to him; the last time I checked our forefathers fought to allow us all to have the freedom to think for ourselves.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:11 pm

I wonder if he would have been so brave with John Joe on the pitch.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:36 pm

I don't think JJ would have been remotely interested in two of our fans shouting insults at an opposing player just after losing so I suspect nothing would have changed.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:54 am

The guy is a waste of space. Let him retire into mediocrity
Laughing at the folk who died to let him have a decent football career in a free country is pathetic.
I get why he doesn’t wear a poppy and can’t have a go about that, but he can at least retain a bit of respect for his freedom.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:08 am

This is my issue with it.

He doesn't agree with it, so be it. He is a public figure to an extent. Just zippet and keep the view to himself for 2 minutes. problem solved.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:30 am

What did he actually do? People saying he was laughing during the last post. Must have better eyesight than me to have spotted that, unless of course the TV picked it up but I’d doubt Wrexham TV will focus on him during that to avoid the bad press surely?

That video from the end of the game is embarrassing and not for McLean sadly
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:06 am

Richard Cranium wrote:What did he actually do? People saying he was laughing during the last post. Must have better eyesight than me to have spotted that, unless of course the TV picked it up but I’d doubt Wrexham TV will focus on him during that to avoid the bad press surely?

That video from the end of the game is embarrassing and not for McLean sadly

It's embarrassing for him to be engaging with the morons. Not professional
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:21 am

The idiot fan and his stupid fat skinhead mate should be identified and banned from the One Call for life.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:17 pm

broomo wrote:The idiot fan and his stupid fat skinhead mate should be identified and banned from the One Call for life.

Bit much
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:57 pm

broomo wrote:The idiot fan and his stupid fat skinhead mate should be identified and banned from the One Call for life.

Depends what they said. If it was hateful and bigoted, then there may be a case, but if we're banning for life anyone who shouts at opposition players, we'll be back down to 2000 fans pretty quickly.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:07 pm

At the Forest Green Game both teams achieved their goals and the fans of both teams were celebrating, this guy in front of me was abusing the away fans not interested in our success.
But being bright red in the face he was screaming like a wounded banshee, but the stewards were firm and kept him from climbing over the wall.
This type of person has no place at a sporting event, and should join the army were discipline is temped with bad behaviour.
The club are hoping to open the North stand with fans like these not a chance will it work, a lot of banning orders needed.
To live and let live , Sport is not a battle ground for idiots
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:15 pm

ParisStag wrote:

Depends what they said. If it was hateful and bigoted, then there may be a case, but if we're banning for life anyone who shouts at opposition players, we'll be back down to 2000 fans pretty quickly.

Bad behaviour is not shouting but violence should not be tolerated, and maybe more fans with family will attend games with knowing their kids are safe from yobs
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:48 pm

bear 73 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Bad behaviour is not shouting but violence should not be tolerated, and maybe more fans with family will attend games with knowing their kids are safe from yobs

He was shouting at an opposition player, not attacking people sat around him. Families probably wouldn't come anyway when they can't get seats next to each other
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby broomo » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:01 pm

Suttonian wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

He was shouting at an opposition player, not attacking people sat around him. Families probably wouldn't come anyway when they can't get seats next to each other

He was screaming abuse & offering to fight an opposition player, his fat friend tried to climb over a fence to get to said player.

The fact some football fans think this is ok is why I strongly dislike some football fans.

Go to the game, watch it, cheer or be frustrated/disappointed, then go home.

It's not that difficult.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:07 pm

Not that I condone any of this, but when a player is in the public eye also offering fans out he should just keep it shut and walk on by.

He is always going to come under fire for his views, hence why he just needs to show a little respect in these situations.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:30 pm

broomo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

He was screaming abuse & offering to fight an opposition player, his fat friend tried to climb over a fence to get to said player.

The fact some football fans think this is ok is why I strongly dislike some football fans.

It's not that difficult.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other looking at that video. Some shouting and a halfhearted attempt to put one foot on the gate before a female steward pointed the way home for them. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:17 pm

Making out he was going to climb over an already open gate which he could have walked round a hell of a lot faster than his lame attempt to climb it, shows how braindead he truly is though.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:56 pm

broomo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

It's not that difficult.

You're right on that last point, but what are you expecting reslly? Football fans up and down the country are like this and anti-social behaviour at games has dramatically risen in the last few years, as in society.

For a bit of perspective though, beyond the last few years, I don't think this would even make the top 100 incidents of bad behaviour I've witnessed at football.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:23 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:29 am

Well said broomo
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tess Tickle » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:10 pm

A bit harsh on over weight and folically challenged people. They (we) are not all like that. Can we keep the hate speech to the hate speech stroke bullying forum please. Thanks
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Ralphy » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:13 pm

:D A fetching pair of fingerless gloves :D
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum