{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:23 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:52 pm

I'd be surprised if Akins isn't fit for Salford, but just in case the Salford manager is reading Stagsnet, I'll go with it :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:18 am

"Vale had the best chances of the night" - I would say DKD's was the best chance of the whole game, no-one else had a free shot from 8 yds in the centre of the goal. Also, the terrible offside decision probably would have led to the best chance of the game too, but we'll never know now.
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:32 am

grufti wrote:"Vale had the best chances of the night" - I would say DKD's was the best chance of the whole game, no-one else had a free shot from 8 yds in the centre of the goal. Also, the terrible offside decision probably would have led to the best chance of the game too, but we'll never know now.

This was my quote: "Vale had the best chances of the night. After 22 minutes, Sang crossed from the right and Ablaster volleyed against the left post."

Ablaster was a free shot from 8 yards, no defender within 3 yards of him. Keillor-Dunn's chance was more difficult in my opinion with defenders closer to him.

Vale also had other good chances, hence overall my statement that they had the best chances of the night. But it's a matter of opinion.

The two chances mentioned above are both on here:
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:51 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:37 pm

"Footnote: had the Stags got through, they would have drawn the only non-Premier League team in the quarter-finals, Middlesbrough"

No. No they wouldn't.

:lol: :lol:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum