{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lino last night

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lino last night

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:44 am

stagmanrob wrote:As stated further up, you would hope she was officiating a gane of this magnitude based on merit and not due to putting ticks in boxes to appease a quota.

I bet she won't get bumped down a level or two as a result of her howler like most other officials do.

Fair play to her for apologising, but I do agree she let the Vale keeper and back three easily sway her decisions. If she's wanting to run the line at that sort of level, she needs to stick to her guns and do the job properly.

"at that sort of level"

She did 11 premier league games last season, 9 Championship games, a few FA Cup games, 3 league cup.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:46 am

mousemousemouse wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:As per usual the stagsnet mob go down a route that was not intended, berate a thread which was designed as a debate of standards without actually commenting on the point. All whilst totally ignoring Calstags ironing comment which clearly was Sexist, misogynistic and just incorrect - which i think has now rightfully been deleted.

The point I'm trying to make in this 'debate', not sexist attack, is that IMO women simply see the mens game differently to men because they have never played it.

I am not saying mens officiating is good by any stretch, but its better than what we saw last night, and what we saw in the womens world cup...

The game is quick, and physical. IMO women see male challenges differently to say that of the female game because they are harder tackles for example.

She was constantly behind play, as the game was too quick for her. There were a couple of things she got wrong prior to the offside decision.

Last night she was simply out of her depth and just agreeing with who shouts the the loudest. Its almost as if she was intimated by it

how this is now portrayed as sexist i'll never know. but hey ho.

Do they?

Your trying to say this thread isn't sexiest, and then go on highlighting things that make your post come across as sexiest. You're acting like she was picked because she's a woman and never officiated in her life.

She made terrible calls. Thats nothing to do with her being a woman.

You might not be able to see it, but thankfully everyone else does lol

thats how she certainly officiated last night
Last edited by PEAR CIDER on Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:47 am

mousemousemouse wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:As stated further up, you would hope she was officiating a gane of this magnitude based on merit and not due to putting ticks in boxes to appease a quota.

I bet she won't get bumped down a level or two as a result of her howler like most other officials do.

Fair play to her for apologising, but I do agree she let the Vale keeper and back three easily sway her decisions. If she's wanting to run the line at that sort of level, she needs to stick to her guns and do the job properly.

"at that sort of level"

She did 11 premier league games last season, 9 Championship games, a few FA Cup games, 3 league cup.

And she made a howler of a magnitude that I have never seen in my life.
If she can be easily swayed by Vale players, she's going to have a job on with bigger crowds....perhaps she gets away with it more with VAR to back up any cock-ups.

Bet she doesn't receive the type of demotion other officials would have received for such a howler of epic proportions.
Last edited by stagmanrob on Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:48 am

While we probably deserved to lose, why is that any different from the games against Wednesday and Peterborough? We were outplayed in big portions of those games yet managed to get the goal to take it to penalties and progress in the competition.

We were only one goal behind last night and the chance that presented itself would more likely than not have resulted in a goal had not the atrocious decision been made. Teams that dominate without putting the ball in the net don’t always win football matches even if they deserve to do so.

We shouldn’t be so quick or happy to accept our fate sometimes or we will never win anything. Winners don’t roll over or they will get the same treatment again. Shout long and loud to the FA.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:52 am

mousemousemouse wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:As per usual the stagsnet mob go down a route that was not intended, berate a thread which was designed as a debate of standards without actually commenting on the point. All whilst totally ignoring Calstags ironing comment which clearly was Sexist, misogynistic and just incorrect - which i think has now rightfully been deleted.

The point I'm trying to make in this 'debate', not sexist attack, is that IMO women simply see the mens game differently to men because they have never played it.

I am not saying mens officiating is good by any stretch, but its better than what we saw last night, and what we saw in the womens world cup...

The game is quick, and physical. IMO women see male challenges differently to say that of the female game because they are harder tackles for example.

She was constantly behind play, as the game was too quick for her. There were a couple of things she got wrong prior to the offside decision.

Last night she was simply out of her depth and just agreeing with who shouts the the loudest. Its almost as if she was intimated by it

Do they?

Your trying to say this thread isn't sexiest, and then go on highlighting things that make your post come across as sexiest. You're acting like she was picked because she's a woman and never officiated in her life.

Think he fancies you Pear Cider.

Sexiest thread ever started on Stagsnet :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:54 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:

she had a raspberries game. It's not because she's a woman
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:55 am

stagmanrob wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:

Do they?

I'd imagine you'd both go into complete melt down if you thought someone was homosexual on this board
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MHStag » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:58 am

She's worked in prem and championship last season, but "she doesn't know the rules". Alright then.

She was garbage last night because she was garbage last night, not because she's a woman. So depressing last night have grown blokes (with their young kids) frothing at the mouth about how there's no room for them in football, she's a slag, slut, making numerous references to her getting sexually assaulted. List goes on. It's grim and I can't wait for the time in the future where we look back on this sort of stuff with the same sort of disdain we look back at racism in football.

If women can be doctors, engineers, lawyers, athletes, I'm sure they can run the .. line.
MHStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:07 am

The only positive I can take from that mistake is that it didn't happen whilst Evans and Raynor were managing us. :o :) :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:18 am

mousemousemouse wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:

Do they?

I'd imagine you'd both go into complete melt down if you thought someone was homosexual on this board

then you clearly dont know me very well....
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:18 am

She was utter garbage all game. The hideous offside was just one of several dreadful decisions including an earlier offside where I am convinced she only raised the flag after one of the Vale back line claimed it. She was weak and showed it again, following the phantom offside she had heaped pressure on herself and then gave us a throw in that was blatantly a Vale throw in. It was on the worst lino performances I have ever seen. She was that bad it actually drew attention away from the rubbish performance of the referee, who allowed Vale to get away with repeatedly time wasting and taking free kicks 10 yards further forwards, they should have picked up several bookings in the second half.

One thing I noticed last night that I’ve seen go unpunished plenty of times before was when their keeper was kicking out of his hands his clearly still had hold of the ball a couple of times as he stepped over the line of his 18 yard box.

Back to the phantom offside and it’s not the worst offside I ever witnessed. 91/92 season against Rotherham at Milmoor and we had a player offside inside his own half (I think it was Paul McLoughlin). To this day I remember the referee was Ken Lupton and I’ve never seen as poor a performance from a set officials. We had Paul Holland sent off, they were given a soft penalty that was saved and we played an age of injury time until the equalised.
Last edited by Showaddywaddy on Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:19 am

MHStag wrote:She's worked in prem and championship last season, but "she doesn't know the rules". Alright then.

She was garbage last night because she was garbage last night, not because she's a woman. So depressing last night have grown blokes (with their young kids) frothing at the mouth about how there's no room for them in football, she's a slag, slut, making numerous references to her getting sexually assaulted. List goes on. It's grim and I can't wait for the time in the future where we look back on this sort of stuff with the same sort of disdain we look back at racism in football.

If women can be doctors, engineers, lawyers, athletes, I'm sure they can run the .. line.

thats disgusting
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:21 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:

Do they?

then you clearly dont know me very well....

Likewise you don't know the lino from last night but you're hammering her for being a woman.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:25 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Tawnystag wrote:She has been excellent in other games I have seen her officiate in. She made a mistake. She owned it and had the guts to apologise straight away to our bench, I’ve never seen anyone do this before.

People make mistakes, it’s part of being human. I don’t think we should be chastising her because she is a woman doing this job. It’s outdated and lazy.

You are 100% correct about this and it should never be about her being female. I do think though that she now holds the record for the worst decision I have seen an official make in 60 years of watching the Stags. It doesn’t rate as the most important mistake though and that honour remains with the Lino who ruled the ball had gone out immediately before the cross that would have won the playoff match at Cardiff. Look what happened following that mistake, a calamity from which we still haven’t recovered.

Yes, you are correct in terms of the Cardiff decision. However, the Cardiff decision was borderline, the decision last night was off the scale. I thought the referee last night was poor too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:33 am

MHStag wrote:She's worked in prem and championship last season, but "she doesn't know the rules". Alright then.

I think you should report that, this isn't something for the future.
It needs stamping out now.
Whilst I was unhappy with the obvious error, I wouldn't dream of doing or saying anything like you've witnessed.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:36 am

zod wrote:

Whilst I was unhappy with the obvious error, I wouldn't dream of doing or saying anything like you've witnessed.

But before you offer that advice..........Did anyone else here it or is it a load of baloney for "effect" as is often the case on here , just a thought?
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby zod » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:56 am

The Hoffmeister wrote:
zod wrote:

But before you offer that advice..........Did anyone else here it or is it a load of baloney for "effect" as is often the case on here , just a thought?

If it did happen it does need reporting, there is no excuse for subjecting a woman to abuse like that.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:59 am

zod wrote:
The Hoffmeister wrote:
zod wrote:

If it did happen it does need reporting, there is no excuse for subjecting a woman to abuse like that.

No good reporting on "ifs"
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:03 am

mousemousemouse wrote:

"at that sort of level"

Stalker
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:05 am

Should have reported it at the time, *if* it did happen. I must admit, I heard nothing of the sort and I was down the front of the IGL on the side she was officiating.

I genuinely don’t think many people actually care what gender, race, sexuality or anything else an official is. Fans just want officials to be competent and consistent, which she absolutely was not.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:18 am

Didn't happen of the year award goes to
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby MHStag » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:27 am

The Hoffmeister wrote:
zod wrote:

Believe it, don't believe it, makes no odds to me. West stand upper. Probably should have reported it at the time but to be completely honest with you I didn't have the bottle. Lesson learned for if it happens again I suppose.
MHStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Random Hero » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:30 am

MHStag wrote:
The Hoffmeister wrote:
zod wrote:

Believe it, don't believe it, makes no odds to me. West stand upper. Probably should have reported it at the time but to be completely honest with you I didn't have the bottle. Lesson learned for if it happens again I suppose.

Fair enough, and it would explain why I heard nothing at next to pitchside.

Every club has a small minority of utter boneheads like this person, and they tend to be the most vocal. I’m sure the vast majority of decent folk were simply perplexed and highly frustrated at the diabolical performance of the official, rather than make it anything about gender.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby mhs » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:33 am

Pear Cider is right.
The majority of women would probably see a man's hard tackle differently to a male.
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:39 am

I hear so much crap about women shouldn't be near the men's game; whether that's: playing, punditry or officiating and frankly it's misogynistic raspberrys and if anyone thinks that a woman shouldn't have an opinion or take part in the men's game then it's the accuser with the problem.

My daughter has been going to Stags for 15 of her 18 years. She has to listen to so much nonsense about how basically her and sex know nothing about the game - she probably knows more about it (and Stags) than most supporters around her and most on this forum, but that doesn't suit the argument of your regular white male who of course knows everything about the game.

The lino last night dropped a clanger of all clangers and half of the middle-aged know-it-alls had primed themselves for her inadequacy from the minute she stepped on the pitch. However, if she's a crap lino then she's a crap lino, not a crap female lino.

*Steps back and waits for white middle-aged men (who probably love quoting 'woke') to get all precious*
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum