{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season starts now.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Season starts now.

Postby lifestags » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:22 pm

We were never going to go unbeaten all season, it’s always been how we react to this first defeat. Keep doing what we were doing and we will get promoted. Up the stags!!
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Re: Season starts now.

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:35 pm

The mark of a good side isn't one that never loses, it's the one that bounces back quickest from a loss.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:46 pm

Not sure of the need to “start the season now” when we’ve lost 1 in 21 games.

I’d rather not start the season and keep with what we’ve got.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:42 am

The worry is that without Akins (2nd half Walsall and tonight) we looked clueless.

Hopefully he doesn't miss a league game and/or Oates brings something different yet equally difficult for opponents to handle.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:31 am

lifestags wrote:We were never going to go unbeaten all season, it’s always been how we react to this first defeat. Keep doing what we were doing and we will get promoted. Up the stags!!

We can still stay unbeaten in the league though! That’ll do me.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:41 am

ParisStag wrote:The worry is that without Akins (2nd half Walsall and tonight) we looked clueless.

Hopefully he doesn't miss a league game and/or Oates brings something different yet equally difficult for opponents to handle.

I thought Oates looked good when he came on. Certainly offered more than Swan who seems to have lost his confidence.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:52 am

zod wrote:
ParisStag wrote:The worry is that without Akins (2nd half Walsall and tonight) we looked clueless.

I thought Oates looked good when he came on. Certainly offered more than Swan who seems to have lost his confidence.

Swans confidence must be hammered by the amount of runs he make into channels and space only to be missed by his team mates. He doesn't put himself about enough for me though, if the ball isn't coming then at least unsettle the defenders like Oates did when he came on.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stag95 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:41 am

Can say the same about Gale. To say he's a big strong lad he doesn't use it and gets brushed aside with ease
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:34 am

Gale looks too anxious to please and ends up making poor decisions , he has something but is very raw, Swann is a shadow of the lad we had last year, he’s got to do more out of possession and not just wait for something to come his way otherwise he’s Danny Johnson in disguise !
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:47 am

Very hard for young Swan after a good first season and an injury…probably trying too hard. For me, he makes some cracking runs but doesn’t get the service at times…give it a bit more time, I think he will come good again.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:58 am

zod wrote:

Agreed. Understandably gonna be rusty and lacking match fitness after not playing for the last two months, but while not being the most polished striker, he almost always causes chaos and panic in the opposing teams defence from how quick and direct he is. It’s good to have someone who can carry the ball at pace.

When everyone’s fit, I’d like to Keillor Dunn go back to his attacking midfield spot in the diamond with Akins up front with Oates. Akins, Dunn and Oates all compliment each other so well and between the three of them they have a lot of different attributes. Rotate the midfield three between Lewis, Reed, Clarke, Maris and maybe even Boateng.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:28 pm

The big difference for me between Swan and Gale at the moment is when Swan gets the ball i’m excited to see him run at defenders, lumping high balls to him isn’t his game, Gales is to some extent, it’s just we are expecting him to be as good as Akins which ofcourse he isn’t yet, feel for them both tbh

hopefully having Oates back should give everyone a lift
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:57 pm

Season starts now ?

Do we get refunds on all the ‘pre-season’ games we have been to so far?

Why are we starting the season in November, will it finish later in July now ?

I’m all confused, can we roll our points gained over to this new season ?

I need a lie down.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum