{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Port Vale score thread spomsored by we owe them one (ko7.45)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Port Vale score thread spomsored by we owe them one (ko7

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:47 pm

Dan wrote:What’s butterfly effect mean?

There's a mythical scientific theory that suggests a butterfly flaps it's wings over the Amazon and sets in motion an infinite chain of events that ends up as some catastrophic consequence somewhere
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:08 pm

Dan wrote:What’s butterfly effect mean?

Did you watch the simpsons, treehouse of horror specifically?

Remember when home tried to fix the toaster and created a time machine.

He ends up back to the dinosaurs and squashes a mosquito despite remembering what his dad told him on his wedding day. He returns to the future to find Ned Flanders as a dictator. He goes back a few time changing something each time before he settles on a "close enough" back to normal.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:14 pm

Blimey every day is a school day, I'd never heard of it before thanks everyone. I have seen Sliding Doors I think it's brilliant how they did it, especially the Spanish Inquisition ending.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:56 am

Basically every little thing you do has a possible big consequence. For example:
I delay phoning my friend. Consequently he leaves home earlier than if he had been in to take my call. This changes his place in the traffic which changes everyone's place in the traffic. You get home one minute later because lights were on red that would have been on green before your place in the traffic was changed. You are late phoning your friend in Germany who has now gone out and done the same to all the traffic in Germany.
To make it Stags related: What you are doing now will affect the game tonight!!!
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:08 am

I hope me currently being on a tram in manchester currently doesn’t affect the game too much tonight :lol: :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum