{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walsall scorefred sponsored by rock the DJ

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Walsall scorefred sponsored by rock the DJ

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:46 pm

I thought Boateng did very well when he came on.

Looked after the ball, gave us a bit of drive and was unlucky not to score.

Think he's a bit unfortunate that the form of Clarke, Maris, Reed and Lewis (who has slightly dropped off the last 2 games) is keeping him on the bench.

He'd probably walk into most League 2 starting 11's yet could be pushed further down the pecking order once Quinn is back such is our strength in midfield.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:58 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:I thought Ryan Stirk was probably the best player on the pitch today.

I rated him for us in terms of his ability and passing, but never thought he showed anything of note defensively or when we weren't dominating possession.

But today for Walsall, I think he generally did everything well - but our midfield were so far off of their usual standards which made it a hell of a lot easier for him.

Yes, agreed, I thought he had an outstanding game for the saddlers.

I noticed that Clough made a bee line to talk to him immediately after the final whistle, even before approaching his own players. Could he be a future target?

Clough likes Stirk. He told me this last season, and has mentioned it in several interviews.

He went straight Upto him at the final whistle put his arm around him and said “we’ll f***** played”
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:11 pm

Stirk was excellent yesterday, ran the midfield. A good, honest player.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:33 pm

MansfieldMick wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Alternative Sponsor: hang the DJ, hang the DJ, hang the DJ

Wonder if anyone has requested this for the playlist Saturday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did! Turns out they played it :lol:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Ad » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:47 pm

Any news on Akins?
Amber Ad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:10 pm

Amber Ad wrote:Any news on Akins?

Went to the hospital in a black Kia, baulked at the car parking charges
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:25 pm

The Hoffmeister wrote:
Amber Ad wrote:Any news on Akins?

Went to the hospital in a black Kia, baulked at the car parking charges

His eye was closed. Given an eye patch.
Signing for Bristol Rovers to become a pirate.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:44 pm

broomo wrote:I thought Boateng did very well when he came on.

Think he's a bit unfortunate that the form of Clarke, Maris, Reed and Lewis (who has slightly dropped off the last 2 games) is keeping him on the bench.

He'd probably walk into most League 2 starting 11's yet could be pushed further down the pecking order once Quinn is back such is our strength in midfield.

Agreed he had a great cameo. Was great on the ball and changed the momentum of the game, we look in control.

Don’t feel like he has the legs or intensity to start for us personally, especially when you consider our other options.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:38 am

bear 73 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:If today taught us anything then it's that Akins is nearly as pivotal up top for us as Flinty is at the back.

Anyone still doubting his ability and importance maybe needs to start following something else.

I think some are, i listened to a podcast last week and a Mansfield fan said there is not a lot to say because there is nothing to moan about.
I wondered why after 20 unbeaten we have got to page 7 it used to be double figures

In fairness though I have stopped doing the text commentary thing. That alone has to be worth 2 or 3 pages. (~25 posts a page and shots on goal are worth at least a page) I do describe goals though and subs/injuries or bookings.

This thread would be into 10 pages by now though if I described more.

There's plenty to moan about. Akins against Harrogate because he didn't score in the first 30 mins and *checks notes* missed a shot, which is unacceptable.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:46 am

We got a little lucky to pick up the 3 points after we should have been out of sight at halftime. We are certainly driven by the midfield 4 and DKD.
Flint outstanding again.
I wouldn't want to be relying on Gale too much. The odd moment of brilliance and then some Sunday league style football. Still think he needs a full season on loan, probably in the league below to get to the level required. Swan should start if Akins is out and of course Oates is on his way back.
Stirk good for them. DJ a raspberry.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:01 am

broomo wrote:I thought Boateng did very well when he came on.

Spoke to him a while back now, he was very focussed on how it’s a squad game and making his mark when he got the opportunity. He came across with great maturity and a team player, I’m sure he will get his chance at some point especially if we can keep in at least 1 of these cups.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:22 pm

:D

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:58 pm

victor A block wrote:We got a little lucky to pick up the 3 points after we should have been out of sight at halftime. We are certainly driven by the midfield 4 and DKD.
Flint outstanding again.
I wouldn't want to be relying on Gale too much. The odd moment of brilliance and then some Sunday league style football. Still think he needs a full season on loan, probably in the league below to get to the level required. Swan should start if Akins is out and of course Oates is on his way back.
Stirk good for them. DJ a raspberry.

I watched the full game back as I always do and I'm not sure we we were a bit lucky to win.

As you pointed out we should have been out or sight by half time but even second half we've created 4 or 5 brilliant chances and should have scored at least one of them before and after JB's goal.

Yes they had a 15 minute spell where they dominated but even them they struggled to create anything clear cut.

It's a lovely feeling believing we'll always go on to get a goal when we need one. Long may it continue.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:14 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
MansfieldMick wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Alternative Sponsor: hang the DJ, hang the DJ, hang the DJ

Wonder if anyone has requested this for the playlist Saturday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Quality, well done matey.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chacawab » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:47 pm

MansfieldMick wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
MansfieldMick wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Quality, well done matey.

Genius! Proper made me laugh when I heard it just after DJ came out to warm up :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum