{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Smith v Clough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Smith v Clough

Postby Sneag » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:17 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Good start to the season, playing good football, but really V Dave Smith ….have a word

judge managers when their Mansfield team has won the league

I was just comparing the unbeaten runs Yorkie.

Cloughie's won nowt yet, though I do think he will.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:31 pm

Funny you mention Burnley & red cards, but I'm as certain as I can be certain about anything here in my dotage, that the first ever red card I saw brandished at Field Mill was in a 4-1 win against Burnley, 77/78 season.[/quote]

i remember that match and that fight, no handbags or faking injuries, as i recall they both teed off throwing haymakers at each other !!
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:34 pm

Sneag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Good start to the season, playing good football, but really V Dave Smith ….have a word

judge managers when their Mansfield team has won the league

I was just comparing the unbeaten runs Yorkie.

Cloughie's won nowt yet, though I do think he will.

hoping you are right,, it’s starting feel like we might be onto something this season, however long long way to go!

game at a time as they say :mtfc:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:26 pm

Can remember saying when Clough was appointed should just give him a five year contract and let him get on with it, still think the same year on year improvement and keep going upwards
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum