{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:16 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Chris M » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:25 pm

It was not just the Wimbledon manager that was incensed by the Bowery tackle. Three or four members of his back room staff jumped off the bench in unison and appealed desperately that Bowery should be dismissed.

We often hear mangers say they do not like to see players booked and sent off. The reality is that players and managers celebrate a booking or sending off almost as enthusiastically as if they have scored a goal. Sitting close to the dugouts we see opposition teams haranguing the fourth official for the entire game. It is a sad facet of our modern game that football has stooped to this level.

Shortly after the Bowery incident another Dons player was brought down in midfield and must have rolled over about a dozen times in a further attempt to ensure we received another caution.

Let’s call it for what is. This is not football. It is blatant cheating.

Embarrassingly I was asked to calm down by a steward after telling the Wimbledon manager what I thought of his dubious tactics. This is the first time that I have been asked to calm down at a football match in my 46 years at Field Mill.

I left the ground shortly afterwards. Need to take a chill pill next time and try to ignore the blatant diving and cheating that has become commonplace in the modern game. I would be interested to read if anyone else feels the same?
Last edited by Chris M on Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:57 am

my detailed report now on
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum