{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Greatest Stags Goals

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Greatest Stags Goals

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:16 am

Iyseden Christie at Mardy Lane.

So far offside, the late Steve Hartshorn reaction nothing less than priceless
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:06 pm

In terms of pure joy - Liams winner at the raspberry .
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:12 pm

Barra's free kick was unbelievable, I was stood just to the left of the tunnel and had a great view, certainly the best free kick I've ever seen. Darrell Clarke scored a great goal after a great move but for me the Greenacre goal was number one, we were directly behind the goal and had a perfect view. Funnily enough Msrk Blake scored a cracker not long after at Barnet.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:14 pm

Ray Keeley scoring against West Ham with a superb volley
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:42 pm

Simon Coleman at home v Northampton in the fog. Cassells header v Wolves at home. Cassells v Chester Freight Rover home leg…just for the drama.
My favourites although Tony Kenworthy penalty is the most important in terms of an important trophy winner!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:44 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Ray Keeley scoring against West Ham with a superb volley

Yes it was and emphasises the great injustice that the match wasn’t captured on film.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:46 pm

Cyrille L'Helgouach's for me...
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:09 pm

1970Stag wrote:Cyrille L'Helgouach's for me...

If only for the PA anouncer trying to get tongue around the pronunciation.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:03 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Ray Keeley scoring against West Ham with a superb volley

Yep that was mine to got moved from quarry lane up to the corner of the north stand infamous bogs side it was a beauty
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:56 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Simon Coleman at home v Northampton in the fog. Cassells header v Wolves at home. Cassells v Chester Freight Rover home leg…just for the drama.
My favourites although Tony Kenworthy penalty is the most important in terms of an important trophy winner!

I was thinking about the Wolves match. I thought Cassells other goal was pure class that day. A curled shot into the top right corner of North Stand goal. A fantastic finish.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:45 pm

Not the greatest but definitely the funniest is Steve Wilkinson’s against Tuesday night’s opponents, which was also a Tuesday night, some thirty two years ago.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:44 am

Chris M wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Simon Coleman at home v Northampton in the fog. Cassells header v Wolves at home. Cassells v Chester Freight Rover home leg…just for the drama.

I was thinking about the Wolves match. I thought Cassells other goal was pure class that day. A curled shot into the top right corner of North Stand goal. A fantastic finish.

I think I might be wrong, but I thought it was his header that stuck in the top corner stantion. One of the best games I’ve seen and an insane North Stand crowd that day…sure their keeper stood on a nail in warm up and couldn’t play. Pity there’s no video footage!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:57 am

I think it was Jeff Chandler V Rotherham away in the Frieght Rover scoring our equaliser the year we went on to in the group stages
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:16 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Chris M wrote:

I think I might be wrong, but I thought it was his header that stuck in the top corner stantion. One of the best games I’ve seen and an insane North Stand crowd that day…sure their keeper stood on a nail in warm up and couldn’t play. Pity there’s no video footage!

Here's one of them if the link works, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAgSLqdzt ... Zlcw%3D%3D
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:28 am

we had all of the great Stags goals across the years, that were captured on film, during lockdown.

They will be in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=826516#p826516

or search the club youtube page (they are probably on both)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Johnny H » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:37 am

Showaddywaddy wrote:Not the greatest but definitely the funniest is Steve Wilkinson’s against Tuesday night’s opponents, which was also a Tuesday night, some thirty two years ago.

I remember that one....comedy gold and a simple tap in !!
32 years ago.....Jeeeeez !
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby ashe92 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:08 pm

Ernie Moss at Wrexham not the best goal but the most important,got us promotion to the old division one.
ashe92
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby scotsstag » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:12 pm

ashe92 wrote:Ernie Moss at Wrexham not the best goal but the most important,got us promotion to the old division one.

Do you mean div2?
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:10 pm

Late shout for dave caldwell away at mossley in the fa cup he must have beat 4 or 5 players
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:16 pm

Steve Wilkinson at Burnley 1991. Greenies goal at Hereford. Ernies goal at Wrexham. Liam at that lot over the M1.
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:31 pm

The Hoffmeister wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Chris M wrote:

Here's one of them if the link works, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAgSLqdzt ... Zlcw%3D%3D

Cheers. What a finish. It was the header that stuck in the top corner then…what a player!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:37 pm

Jack Thomas screamer, at home to Barrow I think, stadium was silent whe it hit the net
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:39 pm

Definitely Simon Coleman`s for me, absolute cracker.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby yaxhamstag » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:50 am

Reggie Lambe for Stags 4th against Notts when we thrashed them. Pure theatre. Matty Blair break down the right after a Notts corner and an inch perfect cross for Reggie to score. What made it so good was the speed of the break, the anticipation of the goal, the crowd noise and the general atmosphere at that match. Brilliant.

Also notable mentions for Barraclough’s half way liner and what about Stanty’s lob from 30 yards away at Walsall in the early 90s…anyone remember that? I remember going bonkers when that hit the net.
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum