{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Gills scorefred sponsored by bakers dozen

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Gills scorefred sponsored by bakers dozen

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:21 pm

Agree with that Selston, however, I would say that once Bowery came on against Boro, Mason-Clark's joy down that Peterborough left hand side ended. Whether that's down to fatigue, the balance of play altering or whatever, what I do know is that Mason-Clark - who'd had a ton of joy - from then on might as well have come and sat with me.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:42 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Agree with that Selston, however, I would say that once Bowery came on against Boro, Mason-Clark's joy down that Peterborough left hand side ended. Whether that's down to fatigue, the balance of play altering or whatever, what I do know is that Mason-Clark - who'd had a ton of joy - from then on might as well have come and sat with me.

It is plausible that they perhaps felt they didn't need to try as hard having got an early goal second half?

At this point I'm sure bowery was up front though so perhaps not? Or maybe Ferguson thought he wouldn't need to try as hard to get past him? Trying to save Mason-Clark for their next game?

Edit: disclaimer: this is a devil's advocate "a possibility" not what actually happened kind of post.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:49 am

DoomMerchant wrote:This game more than any other so far confirms to me that we'll be there or there-abouts in May.
Again we rarely look like losing games and it's that statistic that after ten games that drives confidence. We'll have a small run of 3-4 victories on the bounce, at some point, which will throw light on the importance of all of these draws.

The voice of reason.....

11 pages of some decent views some alarming over reactions and some frankly laughable posts this is the one that sticks out by a mile...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:32 pm

I agree with Cunno!
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:In my opinion Bowery has been the pick of anyone who has played full back, either side, this season. As good as any Mansfield player in the first two months of the season. Outstanding.

Agreed. I think he’s done a fantastic job. Really pleased with how he’s played at full back. I don’t think he’s offered us that much going forwards from full back (we miss Hewitt and McLaughlin’s forward ability at full back) but I’d also say that none of the full backs that have played this season offer much in forward areas. McDonald’s crossing from dead balls and from open play has been particularly disappointing so far in that regard. Defensively, Bowery’s size, pace and athleticism makes 1v1 defending for him so much easier than it is for the likes of McDonald and Williams. I was away for the Peterborough game but I’m not surprised to read that a tricky winger like Mason Clark had a lot less joy as soon as Bowery came on. It’s so important to have good mobility when you’re defending in space against the best wingers at this level.

I’d quite like to see Johnson come in at right back and switch Bowery to left back. Johnson will give us some extra size which will help us in both boxes when defending and attacking set pieces and corners (will be needed against Wrexham) and he’s probably our best crosser of a ball out of all the fit full backs.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagtastic1 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:51 pm

Marky Mark wrote:Barnett sent off for Wrexham, plays right midfield. Will miss our game

They are on about appealing it on their forum.
If they do it will go to Welsh F.A. so could well be overturned.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby scotsstag » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:17 pm

stagtastic1 wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:Barnett sent off for Wrexham, plays right midfield. Will miss our game

To be honest that's absolute raspberry, they play in the English league.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:07 pm

scotsstag wrote:
stagtastic1 wrote:

To be honest that's absolute raspberry, they play in the English league.

A couple of weeks ago Swansea U21s played Cardiff U21s in the Welsh Cup....

I did think to myself of double standards being in the English FA for 'our' domestic competitions yet they can also compete in Welsh events, too. You can't have it both ways or maybe you can
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:07 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
It was amusing seeing Neil Harris being clapped off at the end by the same Gills fans who were calling him a useless raspberry and telling him to raspberry right off after the 2-0 defeat against Mansfield last season when Lucas Akins and George Lapslie scored. There were plenty of them moaning though about only playing one up front.

Quite ironic now Tippy after Harris sacked this morning!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum