{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wrexham - home tickets sold out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wrexham game all-ticket

Postby Amberheart » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:00 pm

MansfieldMick wrote:
zod wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Just open everything up and stop being so daft.

Is it really that daft?

If they open new blocks as others sell out it makes the staff planning far easier.
If they open everything at once and only sell half the tickets in each block/stand they've still got to employ the staff to cover all the ground.

Yes, it may be annoying for folk who don't have season tickets, but I can understand why.

J Block usually sells out slowly, it has sold out v Wrexham quickly which is usually a combat indicator there is a big demand for this match yet only 50 single tickets are currently on sale. Why not open A or H block up so supporters who require 2-3 or more seats together can purchase them now, seems bizarre to leave it to the last minute.

UPDATE: just had a look and there are only 20 tickets available to buy online throughout the QLE, not 2 together in any block.

Season ticket holders are being asked to donate their tickets back to the club if not attending some might become available together
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:40 pm

I've said it before but the club should encourage season ticket holders to give their season ticket up for a game they can't make.

Other clubs do a sort of mini lottery. If you give up your seat for a game you could win a prize or something similar.

The club could give away a scarf or a shirt to the winner or a few drinks in Sandy's. It would cost the club peanuts in a prize but give season ticket holders motivation to give their seat up. The club would gain money from it.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:42 pm

Agree with that Stoney. Didn’t we do it at the back end of last season but the majority seemed to react negatively to it?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:50 pm

Would you be the first to hand your ticket in, if the prize was free drinks in Sandy’s :lol:
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:52 pm

BigGuy wrote:Would you be the first to hand your ticket in, if the prize was free drinks in Sandy’s :lol:

Club would go bust
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:09 pm

Its all the people who got cheap or free kids season tickets on the off chance that their kids might tag along to the odd game.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:16 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
part time pete wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Why the reluctance to put A and H block up for sale, or are leaving it until Monday morning ,as is the Mansfield way?

Why don’t you ring the ticket office and ask why.

Because he chose to ask on a forum dedicated to all things Mansfield Town....

Whats wrong with that ?

Nothing , but it is obvious on here that the normal posters don’t know, but I suspect asking folk in the ticket office might know. ;)

Just trying to be helpful. :D
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:18 pm

If you was being helpful you would have rang the ticket office for him :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:04 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:If you was being helpful you would have rang the ticket office for him :D

True, I will next time they are open :lol:
part time pete

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:03 pm

So 14 tickets left remaining yet no sign of A and H blocks.

What's the actual strategy as regards this? Because I can only see it as detrimental - with punters just assuming a sell out and not looking again.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:So 14 tickets left remaining yet no sign of A and H blocks.

What's the actual strategy as regards this? Because I can only see it as detrimental - with punters just assuming a sell out and not looking again.

Totally agree, why leave it till the last minute when people who want them now could buy. Surely better for the club to know soonest so as to plan for stewards, food etc.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:11 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Agree with that Stoney. Didn’t we do it at the back end of last season but the majority seemed to react negatively to it?

Yeah because it's a load of raspberrys.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:12 pm

It's frankly bizarre and deserves an explanation. What happens with the 3-4 times a season 'dad and kid' who can't get seats together so abandon plans to go on a Wednesday night, thinking it's a sell out, only for 400 tickets to go on sale on a Friday night?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:41 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Agree with that Stoney. Didn’t we do it at the back end of last season but the majority seemed to react negatively to it?

I'm not sure if we did mate I can't remember us doing it.

In response to the other poster saying it's a load of raspberries... why is it? It encourages people to give their ticket in, the club gain further revenue through more ticket sales, casual supporters get to watch the match and the season ticket holder has a chance of winning a prize.

I cannot see who loses?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:09 pm

Stoney wrote:

In response to the other poster saying it's a load of raspberries... why is it? It encourages people to give their ticket in, the club gain further revenue through more ticket sales, casual supporters get to watch the match and the season ticket holder has a chance of winning a prize.

I cannot see who loses?

The season ticket holders mate who has the use of the ticket
part time pete

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:12 pm

Stoney wrote:

I cannot see who loses?

In my opinion, This works at wimbledon because they are fan owned and have a circa 12k ground, ie they don't really fill it and the club need the revs. there was no resale value to the seller, the club sells it twice, and the club cited that it can help ease lack of seats it can offer on match days. In our situation it doesn't really offer much by way of capacity uplift or additional revs. Build that empty side. Wouldn't be a problem then.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:16 pm

I don't fall out with your last sentence. We are getting desperate for Bishop Street to get sorted. Even a small stand with 1000 to 1500 capacity would make a big difference.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:24 pm

Stoney wrote:I don't fall out with your last sentence. We are getting desperate for Bishop Street to get sorted. Even a small stand with 1000 to 1500 capacity would make a big difference.

Or even just an open terrace like Accrington
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:51 pm

Only got 7000 home tickets to sell and we're holding tickets back. Only at Mansfield Town!!
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:44 am

part time pete wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
part time pete wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Why the reluctance to put A and H block up for sale, or are leaving it until Monday morning ,as is the Mansfield way?

Whats wrong with that ?

Nothing , but it is obvious on here that the normal posters don’t know, but I suspect asking folk in the ticket office might know. ;)

Hi Pete, I have a couple of friends who wish to come to this game with their sons (first timers) so told them to book online but after checking myself there are only 12 tickets available in the whole QLE and not 2 together. So I have e-mailed the office asking when A and H blocks will be available. Hope they can hang on and as it would be good to grab their interest and then hopefully they will be hooked. I will keep you up to date.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:10 am

MansfieldMick wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Whats wrong with that ?

Hi Pete, I have a couple of friends who wish to come to this game with their sons (first timers) so told them to book online but after checking myself there are only 12 tickets available in the whole QLE and not 2 together. So I have e-mailed the office asking when A and H blocks will be available. Hope they can hang on and as it would be good to grab their interest and then hopefully they will be hooked. I will keep you up to date.

Block A and H will go on sale at 5pm today. Apparently academy and junior teams get first choice of tickets in these blocks and are reserved for a period. Then any unsold are put on sale later. The Wrexham game general sale is 5pm tonight.
part time pete

Postby victor A block » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:17 am

bigalstag1 wrote:Only got 7000 home tickets to sell and we're holding tickets back. Only at Mansfield Town!!

Contact our CEO. Algarve 976 4924
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:30 am

Thanks for the update Pete, much appreciated matey. Should be a sell out I'm thinking.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:31 pm

part time pete wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:If you was being helpful you would have rang the ticket office for him :D

True, I will next time they are open :lol:

Ticket office contacted ;)
part time pete

Re: Wrexham block A&H tickets 5pm Thursday

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:37 pm

Let’s sell this out & give young Ollie the reception he so richly deserves
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum