{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wrexham - home tickets sold out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wrexham game all-ticket

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:16 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Absolutely fuming that they’ve not rebuilt Bishop Street since the Barrow game was made all ticket

This made me chuckle.
We all know it needs doing, but do we have to have the same discussion on every match thread ?
It's getting very 'groundhog day' coming on here. Bishop Street has become this season's "we need a centre half". :roll:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:53 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Absolutely fuming that they’ve not rebuilt Bishop Street since the Barrow game was made all ticket

This made me chuckle.
We all know it needs doing, but do we have to have the same discussion on every match thread ?
It's getting very 'groundhog day' coming on here. Bishop Street has become this season's "we need a centre half". :roll:

And guess what Dave - we did need a centre half. :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:08 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

This made me chuckle.

And we got one at the earliest opportunity, but it wasn't because of what was said on here.
We need a stand, but as pointed out above, it isn't going to happen in a 2 week or less window between 2 home games. I'm all for discussion, but just regurgitating the same things every time a match is made all ticket isn't going to magic up more seating capacity overnight.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:24 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

This made me chuckle.

And we got one at the earliest opportunity, but it wasn't because of what was said on here.
We need a stand, but as pointed out above, it isn't going to happen in a 2 week or less window between 2 home games. I'm all for discussion, but just regurgitating the same things every time a match is made all ticket isn't going to magic up more seating capacity overnight.

I agree about the stand but would point out that a lot of the discussion is people trying to be humorous, you know that thing where you have a laugh and relax a bit. In respect of the centre half, I wouldn’t call January the earliest opportunity especially when the need was denied during the summer transfer window. Anyway each to their own thoughts and interpretations but I just hope the board doesn’t become too serious, predictable and boring.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:41 am

scotsstag wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Agree. But it was the same with brown low road, pleasley etc.

Comes a point where houses past their sell by date.

Its very unpleasant on the eye as it is.

Do you mean Chesterfield Rd, Pleasley?

I was referring to two places, Brownlow road near All saints school which has been demolished and rebuilt, looks 10000 X better.. As well as weavers view on Pleasley. (not sure if still classed as chesterfeield road).
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:24 am

this game has the potential to be the highest Tuesday night attendance in years I reckon
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:08 am

Amberheart wrote:this game has the potential to be the highest Tuesday night attendance in years I reckon

Looking at tickets available and J Upper has nearly sold out, QLE about 50 showing so only A and H lower to be advertised with a week still to go. Outstanding support.
:mtfc:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby zod » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:16 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

I was referring to two places, Brownlow road near All saints school which has been demolished and rebuilt, looks 10000 X better.. As well as weavers view on Pleasley. (not sure if still classed as chesterfeield road).

Nowt wrong with Brownlow Road, I lived there briefly as a kid. :lol: :lol:
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:17 am

Incredible support, and always makes it exciting for games

My only issue with the Bishop stand and match day experience chat is that there doesn't seem to be any comms from the club about any of this. Would be good to have a directline into the club for fans to air their concerns even it just means the club reply with "we hear your concerns and we'll work on it". It'll make it feel like we're being heard
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:54 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:Incredible support, and always makes it exciting for games

My only issue with the Bishop stand and match day experience chat is that there doesn't seem to be any comms from the club about any of this. Would be good to have a directline into the club for fans to air their concerns even it just means the club reply with "we hear your concerns and we'll work on it". It'll make it feel like we're being heard

I think Steve Hymas came on one of the umpteen Bish threads earlier in t'year and said things are progressing/being worked on and discussed.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:10 pm

Can’t get 2 seats next to each other anywhere in the ground at the moment for this one. I don’t know whether some blocks perhaps have a bit more to be opened up or not, but we are heading towards a sell out
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:11 pm

Just keep the houses and have our own Luton-esque entrance into the stand.

We'll be able to see years worths of lost footballs in the back gardens.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:52 pm

54 tickets left but blocks A and H are yet to go on sale.

What the heck are the club playing at with this 'block bingo bullshittery'? I make it 400-500 seats not even released yet.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:12 pm

Spiritater wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:Incredible support, and always makes it exciting for games

I think Steve Hymas came on one of the umpteen Bish threads earlier in t'year and said things are progressing/being worked on and discussed.

There's a whole world of stags fans that either don't read the forum, or don't read every thread/post/reply. I don't mean a club statement every month about the Bishop Street stand either, but at the minute how do fans actually get their thoughts across? A Q&A every once in a while is ok, but how do we know if the club realise the way it releases tickets is annoying fans?
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby scotsstag » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:54 tickets left but blocks A and H are yet to go on sale.

What the heck are the club playing at with this 'block bingo bullshittery'? I make it 400-500 seats not even released yet.

You're right, it's ridiculous.
Seem to shoot themselves in the foot by not releasing all at once in order to allow folk to buy and sit together...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:28 pm

The momentum builds, games sold out a week in advance, new fans want to come and experience it, and we can't accommodate more than 6900. What an opportunity wasted. Reminds me of 75/76, where we started with 3000 crowds, and finished with 14000 at the finish. Oh,to be able to fit even 10000 in this inadequacy of a ground.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:31 pm

scotsstag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:54 tickets left but blocks A and H are yet to go on sale.

You're right, it's ridiculous.
Seem to shoot themselves in the foot by not releasing all at once in order to allow folk to buy and sit together...

I can see to a degree why they’re doing it to try and cut costs, but in reality they’re all going to sell out and the club are annoying fans.

Just open everything up and stop being so daft.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:57 am

adamstag wrote:

Is it really that daft?

If they open new blocks as others sell out it makes the staff planning far easier.
If they open everything at once and only sell half the tickets in each block/stand they've still got to employ the staff to cover all the ground.

Yes, it may be annoying for folk who don't have season tickets, but I can understand why.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:24 am

zod wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

Nowt wrong with Brownlow Road, I lived there briefly as a kid. :lol: :lol:

I didn't mean it like that :D, but it had become a little derelict and old. Same with lord and bishop street. The potential for the site is huge, the cost is probably even bigger :(
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:25 am

zod wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Is it really that daft?

If they open new blocks as others sell out it makes the staff planning far easier.
If they open everything at once and only sell half the tickets in each block/stand they've still got to employ the staff to cover all the ground.

Yes, it may be annoying for folk who don't have season tickets, but I can understand why.

J Block usually sells out slowly, it has sold out v Wrexham quickly which is usually a combat indicator there is a big demand for this match yet only 50 single tickets are currently on sale. Why not open A or H block up so supporters who require 2-3 or more seats together can purchase them now, seems bizarre to leave it to the last minute.

UPDATE: just had a look and there are only 20 tickets available to buy online throughout the QLE, not 2 together in any block.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalstag1 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:22 pm

Why the reluctance to put A and H block up for sale, or are leaving it until Monday morning ,as is the Mansfield way?
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:57 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Why the reluctance to put A and H block up for sale, or are leaving it until Monday morning ,as is the Mansfield way?

I wonder if you go to the window you can buy from there but not online? Which seems a little strange, why not put all available tickets up for sale now, I would be very surprised if its not near on a sell out.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:05 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Why the reluctance to put A and H block up for sale, or are leaving it until Monday morning ,as is the Mansfield way?

Why don’t you ring the ticket office and ask why.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:25 pm

H block are always released late as I believe it is reserved seating for the junior academy players. There is a deadline for them to get back to the club with who will be wanting tickets before the club can release the remainder for general sale. I dont know about A block.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:34 pm

part time pete wrote:

Why don’t you ring the ticket office and ask why.

Because he chose to ask on a forum dedicated to all things Mansfield Town....

Whats wrong with that ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum