{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow Camera & Production

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow Camera & Production

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:31 am

:lol: imagine that happening at the Cinema.

Went to watch something with son in 3d with the glasses on ,he was saying wow, this is brilliant.
Then afterwards he asked me what i thought, i said i noticed no difference :lol: i am colour blind ,i wonder is that why :?: :?: :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby PostmanPat » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:26 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:Fair play to outr massive foreign fan base

Makes me sick these illegal streamers
PostmanPat
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:19 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:I can’t believe just how poor the iFollow production was today. The producer’s decisions about when and which replays to show were abysmal. Worst I’ve ever seen.

Good holiday mate?

I wish! Managing a relocation programme to the Netherlands and Germany. Another Brexit related casualty sadly.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Costastag » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:33 am

PostmanPat wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Fair play to outr massive foreign fan base

Makes me sick these illegal streamers

Its a normal thing over here in spain ive got an ifollow account but ive also got a stick that gives me the whole sky bt or tnt and just about everything on offer ,i will keep paying my subsciption to watch legally but i would be a fool not to get every game including the league cup and hopefully the fa cup games that i cant get through my subscription :coys:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:34 am

I watched the match on Ifollow yesterday, not on a dodgy illegal firestick and paid for the pleasure.

Ok, tere is a lag sometimes between what Martin says and when it is seen but so what?

It's a good service and probably would be better if more people paid into it and didn't use illegal means.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:24 am

oldweststander wrote:I watched the match on Ifollow yesterday, not on a dodgy illegal firestick and paid for the pleasure.

Ok, tere is a lag sometimes between what Martin says and when it is seen but so what?

It's a good service and probably would be better if more people paid into it and didn't use illegal means.

Im with you i enjoy it
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:56 am

Every game I can't attend I get a plane ticket to somewhere outside the UK, sit in the departure lounge and watch the game legally. It has become a very expensive thing to do purely because "rules is rules" says I'm not allowed to use a VPN and pay my club money to watch the match in the UK.

Ifollow camera work and replay package is quite awful this season.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:04 am

oldweststander wrote:I watched the match on Ifollow yesterday, not on a dodgy illegal firestick and paid for the pleasure.

So you used a VPN instead? Or a quick holiday :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:43 am

Gone somewhere nice oldweststander ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:57 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:Every game I can't attend I get a plane ticket to somewhere outside the UK, sit in the departure lounge and watch the game legally. It has become a very expensive thing to do purely because "rules is rules" says I'm not allowed to use a VPN and pay my club money to watch the match in the UK.

Why can't you use a VPN, I do and pay £10, strictly legal but Sky do not like it?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:02 pm

oldweststander wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Every game I can't attend I get a plane ticket to somewhere outside the UK, sit in the departure lounge and watch the game legally. It has become a very expensive thing to do purely because "rules is rules" says I'm not allowed to use a VPN and pay my club money to watch the match in the UK.

Why can't you use a VPN, I do and pay £10, strictly legal but Sky do not like it?

I'm calling the police
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:13 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

I'm calling the police

Please do, nothing illegal, but it would make your look foolish?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:31 pm

oldweststander wrote:

Don't you mean €11 or £9.48?
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:39 pm

oldweststander wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

I'm calling the police

Mansfield Police Anti Piracy unit are now looking into this for me
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:42 pm

oldweststander wrote:

You have to declare when signing up you are in the correct territory for your subscription, which clearly you aren't, therefore maybe it could be argued you are obtaining a service fraudulently - maybe one for the legal minds on here! I think it extremely unlikely this would ever go to court though, I think the main focus is on stopping those selling the "sticks".
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:51 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

I'm calling the police

Mansfield Police Anti Piracy unit are now looking into this for me

Of course they are :roll:
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:54 pm

What a whopper.

Clearly a bit of daftness, Hoff. But must remember your telling off from a while ago, I'll get back in my box :roll: :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:20 pm

Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

You have to declare when signing up you are in the correct territory for your subscription, which clearly you aren't, therefore maybe it could be argued you are obtaining a service fraudulently - maybe one for the legal minds on here! I think it extremely unlikely this would ever go to court though, I think the main focus is on stopping those selling the "sticks".

You have to be avoiding payment for it to fall under obtaining services dishonesty, so no I don’t think it fits. It would mean they could stop the flow without a refund though.

This wasn’t my original thrust for the conversation and the morality of the act is for the conscience of each individual. I just found it ironic that those who were being naughty were then complaining about a service they should never have had. Please note, I also made it clear that any legitimate consumer had a genuine complaint.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:24 pm

Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

Thanks for your input Rob butI feel I've made the point I was trying to make.

I use a VPN and pay £10 to watch away games, some so called supporters use a dodgy firestick for both home and away games and pay nothing. Not too afraid my actions could be seen as illegal.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:28 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

You have to be avoiding payment for it to fall under obtaining services dishonesty, so no I don’t think it fits. It would mean they could stop the flow without a refund though.

This wasn’t my original thrust for the conversation and the morality of the act is for the conscience of each individual. I just found it ironic that those who were being naughty were then complaining about a service they should never have had. Please note, I also made it clear that any legitimate consumer had a genuine complaint.

You make the point far better than I did Sandy.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:34 pm

I'm only jesting, however viewing from UK is most certainly not legal lol unless its made available through ifollow
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:37 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I'm only jesting, however viewing from UK is most certainly not legal lol unless its made available through ifollow

Also sod paying over £500 a year for a Sky Sports and TNT sports package. Maybe if those services weren't ridiculously expensive then piracy wouldn't be as bad. They don't normally chase the users though, they are after the stream distributors making the big corpos lose money
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:45 pm

You could argue that without people using a VPN the whole system may not exist. Although ifollow obviously ask the question about location, they must realise that a good percentage of customers are actually within the UK. They have no way of disproving that fact and so can legitimately supply the stream, however if VPN users were removed from the service, would there be enough profit to run it in the first place? I’m sure it would cost considerably more without VPN revenue.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:01 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:You could argue that without people using a VPN the whole system may not exist. Although ifollow obviously ask the question about location, they must realise that a good percentage of customers are actually within the UK. They have no way of disproving that fact and so can legitimately supply the stream, however if VPN users were removed from the service, would there be enough profit to run it in the first place? I’m sure it would cost considerably more without VPN revenue.

Thee bbc knows im in spain as ive tried to get the i player but the vpn route seems like too much hassle so i just pay for the legal service and the dodgy sticks a bonus :D
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Colchester Stag » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:06 pm

Costastag wrote:I pay my subscription but i have found myself in possession of a very dodgy firestick with which i can watch stags for nowt but i will still pay for my legit one

I bet you do.
Colchester Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum