{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow Camera & Production

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow Camera & Production

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:59 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Wrexham do indeed have multi camera coverage on iFollow. Their commentator explained it to me on Tuesday.

They use a company called 24/7 who did their coverage in the National League last season. The coverage was so good that Wrexham argued they wanted to continue with them this season, and it seems this was agreed with EFL. It won't come cheap I'm sure, and the Wrexham owners pay for it.

It's seems a shame to me that for the game on Tuesday, and presumably other Wrexham games, the coverage on Wrexham iFollow is the multi-camera coverage, whereas the opposition iFollow uses the simgle camera coverage. But that is what they do. So you would have to buy your match pass from Wrexham if you wanted the multi-camera coverage.

The full match replay that is available now on iFollow, is the multi camera coverage, so you can have a look at it. It is superior coverage of course, but is costing Wrexham a lot of money.

They would have had an extra camera on Tuesday, they set it up right in front of my seat in the press box. When I said that's right in my view of the pitch, they moved it 2 seats to the right so it was right in front of my view of the goal at the Quarry Lane end. In the end, they removed it.

So for the return game which option will u get on a Dodgy fire stick I wonder , wrexhams multi camera version or Mansfields Shakin Stevens version ?

Asking for me.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:00 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Wrexham do indeed have multi camera coverage on iFollow. Their commentator explained it to me on Tuesday.

They use a company called 24/7 who did their coverage in the National League last season. The coverage was so good that Wrexham argued they wanted to continue with them this season, and it seems this was agreed with EFL. It won't come cheap I'm sure, and the Wrexham owners pay for it.

It's seems a shame to me that for the game on Tuesday, and presumably other Wrexham games, the coverage on Wrexham iFollow is the multi-camera coverage, whereas the opposition iFollow uses the simgle camera coverage. But that is what they do. So you would have to buy your match pass from Wrexham if you wanted the multi-camera coverage.

The full match replay that is available now on iFollow, is the multi camera coverage, so you can have a look at it. It is superior coverage of course, but is costing Wrexham a lot of money.

They would have had an extra camera on Tuesday, they set it up right in front of my seat in the press box. When I said that's right in my view of the pitch, they moved it 2 seats to the right so it was right in front of my view of the goal at the Quarry Lane end. In the end, they removed it.

For what it's worth though Martin, the folk who told me about it said that although the camera coverage was better, their commentators were rubbish and they preferred you and Dean :thumbup:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:02 am

these are the highlights from Wrexham's multi-camera footage

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:34 am

They had two other cameras there that I saw. One that for some strange reason just sat at the north stand all game and there was a guy who travelled on the coach with the team. He sat next to the dugout near the players who weren’t playing for a lot of the game. He’ll be filming for the documentary.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:58 am

The extra quality of that coverage is almost unbelievable. It’s such an unexpected leap in entertainment value and gives a much clearer view of play and finer detail to make you think you are watching a different game.

If only ifollow gave that quality to all of their customers I’m sure more would buy passes.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:35 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:

So for the return game which option will u get on a Dodgy fire stick I wonder , wrexhams multi camera version or Mansfields Shakin Stevens version ?

Asking for me.

You won't need your dodgy firestick as the return fixture is on Good Friday so I assume will be available on ifollow
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:39 pm

Best part is they showed 3 different angles to a shot there in half the time it takes for ifollow to show 1.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:52 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Best part is they showed 3 different angles to a shot there in half the time it takes for ifollow to show 1.

The replay speed on ifollow is far too slow imo, they need to speed it up a little bit
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:41 pm

We need to add a bit to our coverage then. How about "Live From The Gate" pre-match
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:48 pm

stagmanrob wrote:I was at the match so can't comment on it properly.

But those I know who watched our game on a dodgy firestick said that they had Wrexham's coverage - and not only did it have their commentary on, they had more cameras from multiple angles.

I didn't see any extra cameras there, but then again I wasn't really looking. If I had noticed them then I would have assumed they were there for the documentary.

I suppose when you have two film production type owners who regularly watch from home, they were sick of the crap production on offer so decided to step in themselves.

Why did they use a dodgy firestick? It was only £10 for the official stream. Good value, even if the production isn't perfect.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:09 pm

Bradders wrote:

But those I know who watched our game on a dodgy firestick said that they had Wrexham's coverage - and not only did it have their commentary on, they had more cameras from multiple angles.

I didn't see any extra cameras there, but then again I wasn't really looking. If I had noticed them then I would have assumed they were there for the documentary.

I suppose when you have two film production type owners who regularly watch from home, they were sick of the crap production on offer so decided to step in themselves.

Why did they use a dodgy firestick? It was only £10 for the official stream. Good value, even if the production isn't perfect.

Why would people pay again when they already have access to it?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:04 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Bradders wrote:

Why would people pay again when they already have access to it?

The £10 also doesn't give them access to both seasons of Phoenix Nights , Rita , Sue and Bob Too and Bang Babes.........

Apparently.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum