{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow Camera & Production

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

iFollow Camera & Production

Postby Tidy » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:21 pm

Is there anywhere we can provide feedback on the production quality of the Mansfield camera work?

Been some time since we've been able to watch a match on iFollow whilst away from "sunny" Mansfield.

1. Constant zooming into action with the inability to keep up with where the ball actually is... reminds me of the Blair Witch Project movie... (we even joked that the zooming in was to push the fancy ad boards)

2. Replays of shots/action that cause us to miss chunks of live footage. eg: A replay today prevented us from seeing a Mansfield corner.

Commentary was spot on! Martin is a gem!

Not sure if anybody else feels the same..... or it's done on purpose to keep ticket sales up lol
Tidy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: iFollow Camera & Production

Postby Costastag » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:38 pm

Its great for me but im 1500 km away its improved year on year
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bex » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:50 pm

Regarding the replays,i missed something like that on the Donny away match
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:51 pm

Today's was particularly bad. Normally it's OK. Missed some crucial bits due to replays and the zooming was definitely an issue.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:33 pm

Tidy wrote:Is there anywhere we can provide feedback on the production quality of the Mansfield camera work?

Been some time since we've been able to watch a match on iFollow whilst away from "sunny" Mansfield.

1. Constant zooming into action with the inability to keep up with where the ball actually is... reminds me of the Blair Witch Project movie... (we even joked that the zooming in was to push the fancy ad boards)

2. Replays of shots/action that cause us to miss chunks of live footage. eg: A replay today prevented us from seeing a Mansfield corner.

Commentary was spot on! Martin is a gem!

Not sure if anybody else feels the same..... or it's done on purpose to keep ticket sales up lol

with regard to 2., I have clipped up an example of this from today's game: a corner on 66 minutes which is not shown while showing the replay of the previous incident. That is poor. I will ask Mark to send it in as an area for improvement for the match producer.

re 1., I'll have a look back when I go through the game again.

thanks for the feedback
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:29 pm

I can’t believe just how poor the iFollow production was today. The producer’s decisions about when and which replays to show were abysmal. Worst I’ve ever seen.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby daddycool » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:34 pm

It was shocking today ,
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:37 pm

Unfortunately I can’t see how you can complain about something you probably shouldn’t be watching anyway unless everyone is living abroad.

Just be grateful and suck it up.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:39 pm

I agree, my moan is about replaying everything even corners that were cleared... replay goals & leave it at that
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:06 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Unfortunately I can’t see how you can complain about something you probably shouldn’t be watching anyway unless everyone is living abroad.

What a bizarre comment. I’m regularly outside of the UK on business but always buy a match pass when possible.

Surely I can expect a reasonable level of professionalism from the camera operator and match producer??
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Costastag » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:13 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Unfortunately I can’t see how you can complain about something you probably shouldn’t be watching anyway unless everyone is living abroad.

What a bizarre comment. I’m regularly outside of the UK on business but always buy a match pass when possible.

Surely I can expect a reasonable level of professionalism from the camera operator and match producer??

I pay my subscription but i have found myself in possession of a very dodgy firestick with which i can watch stags for nowt but i will still pay for my legit one
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:43 pm

It was absolutely horrendous today and has been whenever I've used it this season.

They replayed Akinde's header that was cleared off the line 4 times.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Elkesley Stag » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:52 pm

Costastag wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:

I pay my subscription but i have found myself in possession of a very dodgy firestick with which i can watch stags for nowt but i will still pay for my legit one

Cheaper in parts of Europe . 11 euros currently works out at £9:48 , Bargain
Elkesley Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:01 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:

And how many of those moaning do you think watched from abroad?

Obviously the ones who are genuinely abroad have reason for complaint but how many others are examining horse’s teeth?. I was always taught to be grateful for what I’m given and usually have half full glasses.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:47 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:

Obviously the ones who are genuinely abroad have reason for complaint but how many others are examining horse’s teeth?. I was always taught to be grateful for what I’m given and usually have half full glasses.

You buy a match pass you can expect to be able to watch the match. not 90% then the other 10% is covered by replays of the 90%.

So those who were abroad can complain? For all intents and purposes, I was abroad. If I wasn't I'd only be able to listen. It's up to them to prove I'm not where I say I am. Same as netflix and the like.

What about last week, or on a Tuesday, when it was broadcast in the uk. Why can one certain group complain one week but not the next for the same issues?

Now those who watch on a dodgy firestick is another matter. However they are usually so far behind they get most games spoilt unless they don't go online.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:10 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:

You buy a match pass you can expect to be able to watch the match. not 90% then the other 10% is covered by replays of the 90%.

So those who were abroad can complain? For all intents and purposes, I was abroad. If I wasn't I'd only be able to listen. It's up to them to prove I'm not where I say I am. Same as netflix and the like.

What about last week, or on a Tuesday, when it was broadcast in the uk. Why can one certain group complain one week but not the next for the same issues?

Now those who watch on a dodgy firestick is another matter. However they are usually so far behind they get most games spoilt unless they don't go online.

But it’s the same thing Gazza. Even if you buy a match pass you are cheating the companies who pay for exclusive UK coverage and yes those who are genuinely abroad can complain where others can’t. You may not like that but it’s a fact that you cannot watch live in this country and still be within the rules.

To be clear, I am not making any comment or judgement around the various ways of beating the system as I have been as guilty as the next person. The point I am trying to make is that when you are getting something for nothing or very little outlay, you don’t really have the moral standpoint to complain about the quality.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:35 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:

But it’s the same thing Gazza. Even if you buy a match pass you are cheating the companies who pay for exclusive UK coverage and yes those who are genuinely abroad can complain where others can’t. You may not like that but it’s a fact that you cannot watch live in this country and still be within the rules.

To be clear, I am not making any comment or judgement around the various ways of beating the system as I have been as guilty as the next person. The point I am trying to make is that when you are getting something for nothing or very little outlay, you don’t really have the moral standpoint to complain about the quality.

Thank you for acknowledging that I can complain about today’s production issues.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Isle of Mansfield » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:44 pm

Watched the game in Spain and can only agree that the replays were incredibly irritating and could very easily have made us miss something important.

Who are the total idiots behind this coverage? They need calling out. Absolutely clueless.
Isle of Mansfield
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby london amber stag » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:45 pm

I am on holiday in Florida and have to agree the replays were constant today.Dreadful overall production and it seems to be getting worse. The people who produce Ifollow are not football fans, vast amounts of action was missed today. Someone at the club needs to have a word as this is an extremely poor premium service.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:17 pm

london amber stag wrote:Someone at the club needs to have a word as this is an extremely poor premium service.

we have already from a previous game last month - see my post above. I'll have a look back at the game tomorrow, and clip up some examples that we will send in and ask the producer to improve upon. I've already seen that the producer missed Boateng's comedy corner when he kicked the corner flag instead of the ball.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:07 pm

Fair play to outr massive foreign fan base
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:08 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:I can’t believe just how poor the iFollow production was today. The producer’s decisions about when and which replays to show were abysmal. Worst I’ve ever seen.

Good holiday mate?
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:22 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Fair play to our massive foreign fan base
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:58 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Fair play to our massive foreign fan base

On my firestick last week it was brilliant this week i got radio essex commentary it was pathetic so i tried on my ifollow account and everything was out of sync ,in fact when my brother whats apped me about the late equalizer i had to wait at least a minute to see it
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:16 am

Glad I never bothered. I'll stick with the radio.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum