{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Kilgour to miss rest of season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Kilgour to miss rest of season

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:17 am

Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:Incredible that all the mods seem to have gone to sleep while this has been off topic for pages talking about raspberry American sports rather than Alfie Kilgour :roll:

I agree Dan, surely we should be talking about our national summer sport, Cricket, which I know deep down you love ;)

I think it goes without saying we all wish Alfie well and I'd guess he is finding time to appreciate proper sports like cricket and golf as well as his footy fix.

It’s not summer anymore but if you want to talk Ryder Cup then let’s go :D

How about the Solheim, make Costastags (and a few other Neanderthals) head explode, "wimmin playing golf". The true beauty of women's golf is that firstly they are very good and secondly it is actually more relatable for us amateurs. I hit the ball about the same distance as the pro women but far less accurate, this means I can fully understand the absolute skill they have - I can't relate to a 400 yard drive unless it hits a cart path, then lands in a car and drives another 100 yards, the pro men play a very different game to me, even though I have been a single figure player for 40 years. Still I'm sure you are looking forward to the cricket world cup, remembering of course that we currently hold both the 50 and 20 over world cups, which I'm sure you knew :lol:

Of course I knew ;) I’m looking forward to the Solheim Cup too, can get really exciting. Just hope we smash the Yanks in both!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:26 am

Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:Incredible that all the mods seem to have gone to sleep while this has been off topic for pages talking about raspberry American sports rather than Alfie Kilgour :roll:

I agree Dan, surely we should be talking about our national summer sport, Cricket, which I know deep down you love ;)

I think it goes without saying we all wish Alfie well and I'd guess he is finding time to appreciate proper sports like cricket and golf as well as his footy fix.

It’s not summer anymore but if you want to talk Ryder Cup then let’s go :D

How about the Solheim, make Costastags (and a few other Neanderthals) head explode, "wimmin playing golf". The true beauty of women's golf is that firstly they are very good and secondly it is actually more relatable for us amateurs. I hit the ball about the same distance as the pro women but far less accurate, this
means I can fully understand the absolute skill they have - I can't relate to a 400 yard drive unless it hits a cart path, then lands in a car and drives another 100 yards, the pro men play a very different game to me, even though I have been a single figure player for 40 years. Still I'm sure you are looking forward to the cricket world cup, remembering of course that we currently hold both the 50 and 20 over world cups, which I'm sure you knew :lol:
[/quote

It dont make my head explode at all i just dont watch it and i have an opinion on it which im not afraid air like i wouldnt have my wife drinking pints or being covered in tattoos like seems to be the norm among many young laydees nowadays i might seem neanderthal to some but my god when i see whats happening with some of the younger generation im thankful i was raised in a time when the clear boundaries of life were clearly defined just an opinion :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:34 am

please keep the discussion to Alfie Kilgour, and if relevant, recovery from similar injuries. Thanks
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:23 pm

Costastag wrote:It dont make my head explode at all i just dont watch it and i have an opinion on it which im not afraid air like i wouldnt have my wife drinking pints or being covered in tattoos like seems to be the norm among many young laydees nowadays i might seem neanderthal to some but my god when i see whats happening with some of the younger generation im thankful i was raised in a time when the clear boundaries of life were clearly defined just an opinion :lol:

Personally I prefer to judge people on their morals and actions, not their physical appearance or what they're allowed to drink, as dictated to them by the rules of others. Probably all a bit 'woke' not setting boundaries for people.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:53 pm

Sharp wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:American Football is a joke. He could play on one leg anyway because they only play in 10 second bursts and they are all hanging out of their backsides at that if they have to do it more than 5 times consecutively.

A quarterback barely runs as well, he just catches it and chucks it to those that do.

So I'm not surprised he might be back in 5 months. He wouldn't last 20 mins if he had to do Alfie's job.

You only have to read the horrendous reports of some of the concussion issues relating to ex NFL players to understand the damage the sport can do to the participants Rob.

I understand that, but the relevance to the subject and the sole reason a dire yank sport was being mentioned on here, was the comparison to an achilles tendon tear.

My argument is it has nothing to do with big hits and concussion, as seen by Alfie Kilgour's tendon snapping with nobody around him at all.

And yes, both sports are like chalk and cheese, American Football is slow and boring, very stop start, and a quarterback would be able to have an affect on a game playing within a few yards and using his arm to dictate the game rather than "rushing" as they call it.

As long as they defend him from getting "sacked" then yes, it is plausible he can come back from such an injury within 5 months and essentially still have a massive effect on his team's season.

Also, as stated elsewhere, he will be having state-of-the art care and millons thrown at his injury to even get him to a stage where he can play on one leg. The investment in a top quarterback isn't about his physicality really, I'd suggest it's a very small part of a quarterback's game. Essentially the reason he's one of the best is he is the on-field manager, and he's one of the best because of his mind and quick decision making. The amount they have to memorise is ridiculous. Footballer's can't even remember who they are marking at corners or when they are meeting a bimbo in Nando's :lol:

To suggest Alfie could come back in such a time frame when he does a completely different sport and actually runs around non-stop putting his achilles to constant use, well it's not going to happen is it?

That was my point, although the fact I hate hand-egg and how tedious it is probably came out more in that original post.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:19 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Costastag wrote:It dont make my head explode at all i just dont watch it and i have an opinion on it which im not afraid air like i wouldnt have my wife drinking pints or being covered in tattoos like seems to be the norm among many young laydees nowadays i might seem neanderthal to some but my god when i see whats happening with some of the younger generation im thankful i was raised in a time when the clear boundaries of life were clearly defined just an opinion :lol:

Personally I prefer to judge people on their morals and actions, not their physical appearance or what they're allowed to drink, as dictated to them by the rules of others. Probably all a bit 'woke' not setting boundaries for people.

Yep
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Costastag » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:20 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Yep. :( :roll:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:33 am

Alfie has just uploaded a new video.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJvoG6Fk/
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:08 pm

What a man….. wish him the very best
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:11 pm

He's definitely going to be in body shape when he's ready to play....let's hope his achilles is just as strong
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:57 pm

I've done gym for years. When I did my Achilles for the first time in 2005 all of my calf muscle wasted to nothing. I pinged the same Achilles again in 2016 and had the same issue. Alfie can do all the weights that he wants but his hypertrophy will never ever match his good calf ever again. He'll play fine and it'll stay strong and lean, but he can wave goodbye to asymmetric matching calf muscles for good unfortunately.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:26 pm

Good man Alfie, tremendous attitude.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I've done gym for years. When I did my Achilles for the first time in 2005 all of my calf muscle wasted to nothing. I pinged the same Achilles again in 2016 and had the same issue. Alfie can do all the weights that he wants but his hypertrophy will never ever match his good calf ever again. He'll play fine and it'll stay strong and lean, but he can wave goodbye to asymmetric matching calf muscles for good unfortunately.

I must have torn a testicle at some point as a kid, as they've never been a symetrical matching pair. :shock:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:39 pm

Absolutely this only applies to you owd miner :lol:
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum