{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Next 7 League Games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Next 7 League Games

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:13 am

Northampton H
Oldham H
Bury A
Grimsby H
Swindon A
Morecambe A
MK H

What do fans think the return of points will Be?

My thoughts are 17 points.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Wil0211 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:27 am

15
User avatar
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby pemill » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:40 am

6
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:42 am

12
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 17996
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:08 am

7
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:09 am

Northampton H - WIN
Oldham H - DRAW
Bury A - LOSS
Grimsby H - WIN
Swindon A - LOSE
Morecambe A - WIN
MK H - DRAW

11
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Gruff » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:24 am

I'm with ForestTown on this
User avatar
Gruff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:42 am

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:30 am

5 draws 2 defeats = 5 points.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:32 am

Foresttownstag wrote:Northampton H - WIN
Oldham H - DRAW
Bury A - LOSS
Grimsby H - WIN
Swindon A - LOSE
Morecambe A - WIN
MK H - DRAW

11

I have the same as this one - 11
stagsfan6493
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby part time pete » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:42 am

21
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Jamie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:13 am

SINA STAG wrote:Northampton H
Oldham H
Bury A
Grimsby H
Swindon A
Morecambe A
MK H

What do fans think the return of points will Be?

My thoughts are 17 points.


I'd love to know what from the 8 games so far and his 4 wins in 20 league games that has suggested to you that we'll now win 5 of the next 7. Are you just trolling with this?
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4353
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby old ram stag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:30 am

with SP more poor returns I'm afraid 6 points 1 win 3 draws.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:58 am

5 points, all draws apart from loses to teams that will punish us MK and Swindon....prove me wrong
Twitter: @stephentsd
Stephen
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:01 am

After 16 games last season we had 22 points, so should we get 9/10 points we'd be on par with where we were under Evans.
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 am

We'll achieve 13 points from that lot.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:18 am

The very minimum requirement should be 10 points. Anything better than 13 and we'll have done well.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:21 am

Legs eleven.
BoughtonStag71
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 9:27 am

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:24 am

Jamie wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Northampton H
Oldham H
Bury A
Grimsby H
Swindon A
Morecambe A
MK H

What do fans think the return of points will Be?

My thoughts are 17 points.


I'd love to know what from the 8 games so far and his 4 wins in 20 league games that has suggested to you that we'll now win 5 of the next 7. Are you just trolling with this?



NO Jamie not trolling you gimp it's called looking at the next 7 games looking at the teams in n around our position in the league taking into consideration of playing 2 teams in around the playoff are at Field Mill only games I can see dropping points on is Swindon away n MK at home the rest are winnable....


Now if you don't have an opinion on points we can achieve please put your feet n legs on the other side of the negative fence.... Who need supporters like you? raspberry head !!!!
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby old ram stag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:52 am

Sina I think the stats/points tally after 20 games speaks for itself, with the current manager and tactics it's very unlikely we will win 5 out of 7 of the next games, when we have only won 4 of the last 20, some of which would have fallen into your very winnable section.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 am

Completely unfounded I know, but I'm still remaining positive on this. I've seen enough in this squad and in the performances and play so far to see it will click some point soon, and then after that we'll generally get it right more than we'll get it wrong. I don't think a crazy run of wins from the next 7 is totally inconceivable, despite history and stats suggesting I was a madman!

2nd half Macc away and 2nd half last weekend are the only times we've looked below the par we've come to expect. Results not gone our way but I think some of our play has been excellent in other games and although the defeat to Exeter was disappointing, I saw passing and movement that I havent seen for many years at Mansfield. Everyone is learning and the gaffer is included in that with his choice of players and set-up. It will come I am sure.

Patience until mid - to end of October for me.
User avatar
Birminghamstag10
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby Jimstag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:43 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:Completely unfounded I know, but I'm still remaining positive on this. I've seen enough in this squad and in the performances and play so far to see it will click some point soon, and then after that we'll generally get it right more than we'll get it wrong. I don't think a crazy run of wins from the next 7 is totally inconceivable, despite history and stats suggesting I was a madman!

2nd half Macc away and 2nd half last weekend are the only times we've looked below the par we've come to expect. Results not gone our way but I think some of our play has been excellent in other games and although the defeat to Exeter was disappointing, I saw passing and movement that I havent seen for many years at Mansfield. Everyone is learning and the gaffer is included in that with his choice of players and set-up. It will come I am sure.

Patience until mid - to end of October for me.


I think that’s where my frustration is, I can see so much potential in this team/setup but we repeat the same mistakes. Get rid of them and we’d be right up there but the fact is we’re not and it’s becoming a test of patience.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:01 pm

old ram stag wrote:Sina I think the stats/points tally after 20 games speaks for itself, with the current manager and tactics it's very unlikely we will win 5 out of 7 of the next games, when we have only won 4 of the last 20, some of which would have fallen into your very winnable section.



I understand your thoughts n like the stats say the record over the last 20 games is appalling when you say 4 wins out of 20 games.

However the last 8 or if you count the PSF Accrington n West Brom away mostly the football is decent the players are working hard for each other on the pitch we've just got to get rid of this hoodoo of conceding in the last minutes of a game even when the fat controller was here we had the same problem so it's not DF fault the team can't defend for 93+ minutes....

Final Thought.....

A run as got to start somewhere n we've only lost 2 games this season West Brom away Exeter at home

Scoring 17 goals Conceded 10 goals
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm

All depends on how we approach the games. If we score first and the continue attacking we will score again and go on and get 3 points, if we continue to sit back and wait for the inevitable we won't. This has to be our policy and game plan from now surely. I believe we can and must keep attacking and DF needs to promote this thought. Saturday is a winnable game, attack win comfortably and the confidence will grow. I think 14 points, 4 wins, 2 draws and a loss at Swindon.
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:18 pm

I'll go for 11 points too. I agree that we'll struggle away to Bury and Swindon, where I think DF will be extra-cautious against his former sides and we'll be lucky to get draws.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4346
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Next 7 League Games

Postby stag324 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Northampton H W
Oldham H W
Bury A L
Grimsby H W
Swindon A L
Morecambe A D
MK H D
stag324
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests