{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

W4 D10 L5

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: W4 D10 L5

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:47 am

4-4-2 would work. Just a thought!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:55 am

bellwhiff wrote:This place is literally unbelievable. The sense of entitlement from some of you is hilarious. We are supposed to win every game. When we do, the praise is effusive, and when we don’t, the criticism is pathetic.
We don’t deserve anything in life. Flitcroft varies from being the messiah to being a criminal.

We are half way through September. We all scorned the wasters down the A60 for sacking their manager yet we have addled clowns on here advocating the same thing after our first league defeat.

I’d suggest growing some backbone, stop feeling entitled and crack on with things.

Just this.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am

I don't feel entitled at all. But when the chairman gives us a competitive budget you are allowed to reasonably expect the manager to do better than he is.

It's still early days and if he'd arrived this summer maybe more people would give him more time. But we all saw the failure last year and he can't escape that now.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:48 am

Jamie wrote:I don't feel entitled at all. But when the chairman gives us a competitive budget you are allowed to reasonably expect the manager to do better than he is.

It's still early days and if he'd arrived this summer maybe more people would give him more time. But we all saw the failure last year and he can't escape that now.

You're answering to someone who goes a couple of games a season.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:02 am

bellwhiff wrote:This place is literally unbelievable. The sense of entitlement from some of you is hilarious. We are supposed to win every game. When we do, the praise is effusive, and when we don’t, the criticism is pathetic.
We don’t deserve anything in life. Flitcroft varies from being the messiah to being a criminal.

We are half way through September. We all scorned the wasters down the A60 for sacking their manager yet we have addled clowns on here advocating the same thing after our first league defeat.

I’d suggest growing some backbone, stop feeling entitled and crack on with things.

Only post worth reading this weekend
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:23 am

abc wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:Whisper to Andy ... 22 out of 57 points, good enough ratio to get in the play offs?

True. The happy Clappy gang keep saying we played well first 20 yesterday. We played tippy tappy in front of their defence that's why
we had two or three long range shots but nothing to trouble them, we don't penetrate . We only bothered them once Rose came on and Flipflop abandoned his principles and got it forward quicker.

So what's the answer chaps? Sack the manager, like Notts and Cheaterfield have done?

Happy clappers, no, that implies we are happy with how things are going. We are realists who can see how far this club has come since our non league days.

In order to progress we need to build, which the club under JR is doing well. Despite having a supportive chairman, we arnt going to buy promotion, especially this season, as we are still carrying at least three expensive passengers brought in by the previous manager.

The angry mob need to calm down a bit, and be realistic.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:30 am

You keep suggesting everyone is angry and being OTT, but actually this place is fairly calm considering and compared to the past. Your overplaying that one Andy.

Please don't try and excuse DFs results because he has a couple of players from the previous manager. He had the chance to move on whoever he wanted. He's kept the likes of Ando rotting in the stands when a loan deal, even if we paid half his wages, would be better all round.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:43 am

Jamie wrote:You keep suggesting everyone is angry and being OTT, but actually this place is fairly calm considering and compared to the past. Your overplaying that one Andy.

Please don't try and excuse DFs results because he has a couple of players from the previous manager. He had the chance to move on whoever he wanted. He's kept the likes of Ando rotting in the stands when a loan deal, even if we paid half his wages, would be better all round.

We have just lost our first league game Jamie, the negativity of some of the posts on here are out of proportion.

Regarding DF moving players on, at least two of them are recovering from long term injuries so can't be moved on. That isn't their fault, but it is still eating into the budget.

As for the Anderson situation I agree a loan deal with us paying some of his wages would be a good solution. Makes you wonder why it hasn't happened?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 am

I can't help but feel we're playing the best football for ages and on top in most games, we're just poor at finishing. Something down to the players and not the manager.
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:02 am

We are 6 points adrift of what I consider to be the minimum requirement, with a game in hand. The longer it goes on, the harder it gets!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:08 am

grufti wrote:I can't help but feel we're playing the best football for ages and on top in most games, we're just poor at finishing. Something down to the players and not the manager.

Who signed the players? Who picks the team? Who trains and motivates them?

We didn't create hardly anything yesterday until Rose came on. It wasn't poor finishing then. It was a lack of threat up top and poor final balls.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:48 am

Not angry, just fed up of taking one step forward and two steps back.
We never seem to learn what is required to win this type of match and therefore never make any advance. As I've said elsewhere, it seems like a club mindset which we just can't shake off.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:You keep suggesting everyone is angry and being OTT, but actually this place is fairly calm considering and compared to the past. Your overplaying that one Andy.

We have just lost our first league game Jamie, the negativity of some of the posts on here are out of proportion.

Regarding DF moving players on, at least two of them are recovering from long term injuries so can't be moved on. That isn't their fault, but it is still eating into the budget.

As for the Anderson situation I agree a loan deal with us paying some of his wages would be a good solution. Makes you wonder why it hasn't happened?

How many have we won Andy?

Until we are winning more than 30% of our games a cloud wull always hang over DF's management, and the simple fact is if he doesn't up the win rate he'll get sacked.

It's the one stat in football that matters.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:09 pm

I am rarely one for advocating sacking a manager, and actually have a great deal of respect for JR and the fact he doesn't do this. However we have one of the biggest budgets in the league, as we did last year. JR cannot and will not just keep funding failed promotion bids, so time is of the essence if that is the goal. Flitcrofts record as a manager is impossible to defend. When he took over, we were challenging for the top 3. We are now 15th after missing out on the playoffs last season. He has won 4 games as a manager I think? He shows no signs of learning lessons. Anyone could see we looked toothless yesterday (and all season), yet he persists with this awful formation.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HughesyStag89 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Why start ANOTHER negative post ?? Think this will all work in our favour, shut up about our first loss, shut up about managers like Darren Ferguson, standby what we have !! This forum drains me, when I think we’re all behind the club we all “love” something else props up
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:34 pm

HughesyStag89 wrote:Why start ANOTHER negative post ?? Think this will all work in our favour, shut up about our first loss, shut up about managers like Darren Ferguson, standby what we have !! This forum drains me, when I think we’re all behind the club we all “love” something else props up

Don't come on here then. Do you seriously think JR is happy with 4 wins in 19 with his outlay ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Yaaawn. I actually think some of you enjoy foaming at the mouth.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:55 pm

It amazes that everyone that said it was a clean slate this season are now bringing last season's stats into play again, if you want to be a glass half full then it's 1st defeat in 12 I think, win the game in hand and we go 7th, people on here need to get a grip.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby daddycool » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Good post
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Whinge, whinge, mega-frickin’ whinger alert.

Get a flippin’ grip.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:38 pm

There have been literally 6/7 users on here being any sort of negative about him since the game. Some are a little ott I agree, but some are reasoned views. The tears from the DF fan club are hilarious.

Remind me to look up the user and thread where the 'whingers' were being told to eat humble pie after 2 league games and a cup game... I want nothing more than to see DF succeed, but some of the views on here are extreme or blinkered both for and against.

I'm sure the irony of Edders constantly whinging about whingers isn't lost on him.

Long way to go yet and so long as our team are backed well on match days, the fan club will just have to accept people are going to have opposite views.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby tebarker26 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Some over reaction after the first league defeat of the season. Last year is behind us, this year is what Flitcroft should be judged on and for me he has alot more positives to his management so far. He has dealt with the Danny situation well, the P'boro and Evans issue, managed Pearce and Mellis well after the Forestieri issue and actually got youth team players having an effect on the first team squad. Pair that with all the Radfords great work off the pitch MTFC is in a far better place than 12 months ago. We are 3 points off the play offs with a game in hand and out of the 7 games played only one team is currently in the bottom half, 5 in the top 8 and Carlisle mid table. Yes some decisions tactically were odd yesterday but we still played good football and could have got a result. The majority of games this season we have been really good and with a bit more cutting edge i'm confident we will at least reach the play offs. I think yesterday it showed we had not played since Lincoln and we lacked that match sharpness Exeter had. Don't get me wrong, if we lose 2-3 on the bounce and don't look like performing DF maybe underachieving but at the moment one defeat against a good team is not fair to judge as underachievement. COYS
tebarker26
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Not a great day yesterday at all with some let's be honest baffling subs but a win at Cambridge and we will be back on track.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:I am rarely one for advocating sacking a manager, and actually have a great deal of respect for JR and the fact he doesn't do this. However we have one of the biggest budgets in the league, as we did last year. JR cannot and will not just keep funding failed promotion bids, so time is of the essence if that is the goal. Flitcrofts record as a manager is impossible to defend. When he took over, we were challenging for the top 3. We are now 15th after missing out on the playoffs last season. He has won 4 games as a manager I think? He shows no signs of learning lessons. Anyone could see we looked toothless yesterday (and all season), yet he persists with this awful formation.

No matter what we say or think Hjeldefan, JR will decide. So why all this negativity, it doesn't help.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:23 pm

I support the teams at games. This is a forum, being negative on here is hardly going to make any difference other than discussing, with other fans, opinions on our current manager. As you say, its up to JR. But that doesn't mean myself and other fans can't have an opinion :lol:
Hopefully we go on a winning run to ram the words down my throat, believe me, no-one would be happier!
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum