{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

W4 D10 L5

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: W4 D10 L5

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:I support the teams at games. This is a forum, being negative on here is hardly going to make any difference other than discussing, with other fans, opinions on our current manager. As you say, its up to JR. But that doesn't mean myself and other fans can't have an opinion :lol:
Hopefully we go on a winning run to ram the words down my throat, believe me, no-one would be happier!
Sounds good to me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Jamie wrote:There have been literally 6/7 users on here being any sort of negative about him since the game. Some are a little ott I agree, but some are reasoned views. The tears from the DF fan club are hilarious.

Remind me to look up the user and thread where the 'whingers' were being told to eat humble pie after 2 league games and a cup game... I want nothing more than to see DF succeed, but some of the views on here are extreme or blinkered both for and against.

I'm sure the irony of Edders constantly whinging about whingers isn't lost on him.

Long way to go yet and so long as our team are backed well on match days, the fan club will just have to accept people are going to have opposite views.

It's not a DF fan club, it's just people who don't overreact. Me not calling for his head doesn't mean I love him or even like him. All it means is that I don't think we should be out to get him. As long as we're not in danger of going down, any manager should be given a full season with his own players. End of.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:38 am

It's a bit much to call for his head, but his win rate needs to drastically improve and that's a given.

October's fixtures have some difficult away trips at Bury and Swindon, with a couple of tough home games against Oldham and the fake franchise, who should all be up there with ambitions of top 7 having all been in the League above in recent years.
There's Morecambe at home in there too who always seem to give us a difficult game at our place.

We usually seem to get poor points returns in October too I believe?
I think after October, there could be a major, yet probably more valid meltdown on here given his results record if we don't have a good month.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:06 am

Those of you lusting for DF’s head need to take a good hard look at yourselves.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:09 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Those of you lusting for DF’s head need to take a good hard look at yourselves.

Tell them why.
You keep posting your tepid one liners with no substance
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 am

Since the season started the football we play is much better, more entertaining and upto Saturday we were one mistake (Colchester) from having a very good start to the season, Win at home, draw away. Saturday was disappointing but that’s football.

We are sat 3 points outside the play offs after Seven matches having played a game less. We’ve played 4 of the current top 5 in those 7 matches.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:31 am

How many people have even posted calling for his head this weekend? I can't see many...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:07 am

I think the football is good and the results will come... Stick with him for this year and next and give him time.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:06 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Since the season started the football we play is much better, more entertaining and upto Saturday we were one mistake (Colchester) from having a very good start to the season, Win at home, draw away. Saturday was disappointing but that’s football.

We are sat 3 points outside the play offs after Seven matches having played a game less. We’ve played 4 of the current top 5 in those 7 matches.

Its time for wins not just Tippy Tappy football we can watch that on MOTD.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 am

Got some news for the ludicrous fringe wanting a manager change. In the next 39 games we will lose more easily to much worse teams than Exeter City just so you can prep yourselves.

Some of our draws should have been wins but they wheren't, yes he got the team wrong Saturday but Butcher deserved his chance. If you can't see the progression then I don't know what you expect. If we are 15th come Christmas you can sharpen your hatchets but personally I doubt that will be the case.

And I have a genuine question at this point last season how good were we under you messiah Evans?
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:58 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Got some news for the ludicrous fringe wanting a manager change. In the next 39 games we will lose more easily to much worse teams than Exeter City just so you can prep yourselves.

Some of our draws should have been wins but they wheren't, yes he got the team wrong Saturday but Butcher deserved his chance. If you can't see the progression then I don't know what you expect. If we are 15th come Christmas you can sharpen your hatchets but personally I doubt that will be the case.

And I have a genuine question at this point last season how good were we under you messiah Evans?

we had the same tripe this time last year, because we weren't 1st and 6 points ahead of everyone else this place was going crazy.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:40 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Got some news for the ludicrous fringe wanting a manager change. In the next 39 games we will lose more easily to much worse teams than Exeter City just so you can prep yourselves.

I'm not sure I've seen many (or any) people calling for Flitcroft to be sacked, but if you want to quote a few then go ahead and at least we'll have a "humble pie" list for the end of the season.
I don't know of any calling Evans "the Messiah" either.
Personally, I'm fairly sure that had Evans seen last season out we'd now be in League 1 (likely with another manager, as Evans was hired to just get promotion).
On Flitcroft, I think that I'm not alone in being unimpressed last season but hoping for better this time around. At the moment I'm still waiting to be impressed.
That's not at all like wanting him out, or eagerly anticipating a manager change, but I'd love to know why I should be so impressed.
He's done OK this season though, and I realise that it's still early days. I would like to see him in charge well into the New Year at least, even if results haven't matched expectations and we're still mid-table. I believe that he'll keep on working at getting to where we need to be.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:21 pm

The one thing missing is a forward line that put more chances away. Walker is doing fine, but the others....Mmmm.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:59 pm

Amen to that!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Those of you lusting for DF’s head need to take a good hard look at yourselves.

Tell them why.

OK. Every manager needs to be given adequate time and it’s far too early to judge the David Flitcroft Project. Compared to his predecessor, DF has handled himself in a quiet, dignified way. It is clear that a better type of passing football is his ambition and we have witnessed this for ourselves. Yes - he has made some mistakes: I disagree with some of his starting eleven selections and I have been unimpressed by some of his substitutions.

I think the squad needs a couple of quality editions but we just have to work with what we have until the next “window”

We’re not getting hammered by anyone and the points dropped have been, by and large, a result of individual player errors. Exeter were a very competent side that “did a job on us”. They are going to be there, or thereabouts, come the season’s climax. So, I believe, will we.

PS. I do “tepid” to the best of my ability, woodclanger!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:37 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Tell them why.

OK. Every manager needs to be given adequate time and it’s far too early to judge the David Flitcroft Project. Compared to his predecessor, DF has handled himself in a quiet, dignified way. It is clear that a better type of passing football is his ambition and we have witnessed this for ourselves. Yes - he has made some mistakes: I disagree with some of his starting eleven selections and I have been unimpressed by some of his substitutions.

I think the squad needs a couple of quality editions but we just have to work with what we have until the next “window”

We’re not getting hammered by anyone and the points dropped have been, by and large, a result of individual player errors. Exeter were a very competent side that “did a job on us”. They are going to be there, or thereabouts, come the season’s climax. So, I believe, will we.

PS. I do “tepid” to the best of my ability, woodclanger!

Fair enough. Don't agree with chunks of it but it's what makes an opinion based message board so good.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:26 pm

IF were not doing well, the one thing we should all of learnt from supporting stags is changing the manager gets you know where fast.... Look how much better Exeter were than us. Paul Tisdale built that squad and how long did it take him?? Lincoln are doing well and again, how long has their prat been there?

Flitcroft has a team finally playing the football you all cried for, for many many years and you want to sack him immediately??? If you want a perfect ideal where we play football, win every week, are top of the league and have a newish manager then go support Man City..... Pep didn't even do it in his first season.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Sedgwick wrote:IF were not doing well, the one thing we should all of learnt from supporting stags is changing the manager gets you know where fast.... Look how much better Exeter were than us. Paul Tisdale built that squad and how long did it take him?? Lincoln are doing well and again, how long has their prat been there?

Flitcroft has a team finally playing the football you all cried for, for many many years and you want to sack him immediately??? If you want a perfect ideal where we play football, win every week, are top of the league and have a newish manager then go support Man City..... Pep didn't even do it in his first season.

how long had Jones been at Luton, Coleman at accy, ainsworth at Wycombe? they were all there for quite a while I believe before getting success. good post although I'm not sure people are advocating the sacking of him, but it'll be heading that way soon if we don't please a few on here
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Has anyone actually said they wanted him to be sacked? The original post is about his record so far, they are facts, its not been great.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:44 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Has anyone actually said they wanted him to be sacked? The original post is about his record so far, they are facts, its not been great.

he should still be given a full season unless we are looking like getting relegated. and that won't happen
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:48 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Has anyone actually said they wanted him to be sacked? The original post is about his record so far, they are facts, its not been great.

he should still be given a full season unless we are looking like getting relegated. and that won't happen

See I disagree with that - he has a top 3 budget, if we're 15th in March then I will be calling for his head.

If Pep (using the earlier example) was 12th this season then he wouldn't be in a job long. Only reason teams like Accy keep the faith is because they are not expected to do as well with the resources they use. Similar story with Tisdale at Exeter.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

See I disagree with that - he has a top 3 budget, if we're 15th in March then I will be calling for his head.

If Pep (using the earlier example) was 12th this season then he wouldn't be in a job long. Only reason teams like Accy keep the faith is because they are not expected to do as well with the resources they use. Similar story with Tisdale at Exeter.
Is it a fact that we have a "top 3 budget", or just here say?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Is it a fact that we have a "top 3 budget", or just here say?

Well last season everyone mentioned it (including JR and Fatty) that we have invested heavily for promotion and if you think Khan, Walker, Davies and Preston have come on small wages then you’re living on a different planet.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Who would you say has a bigger budget than us if we aint top 3? Lincoln, County and MK maybe? Who else?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Who would you say has a bigger budget than us if we aint top 3? Lincoln, County and MK maybe? Who else?

Colchester ? Also maybe Oldham/Bury will be going for it.
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum