{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Imps Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by Up To The Test

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Imps Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by Up To The Test

Postby Spiritater » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:13 pm

tebarker26 wrote:Looked to me as though Danny Cowley and Flitcroft shook hands and Nicky Cowley came across and said something to upset Flitcroft. Danny Cowley looked to be trying to push Nicky away to be fair to him. Great result and first away win of the season. Match stats again show we had better possession and more shots. Very pleased with how we look. Lewis Gibbens looked very good too.

Gibbo's a prospect and will blossom given regular starts. But some on here think he should not be played.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:14 pm

Spiritater wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Unbeaten! :P

WBA?

That wasn't in the high profile 'Jules Rimet of junk trophies' that is checkatrade ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:15 pm

yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:we cannot leave Rheady free to head the ball, every flippin time & their right winger is free every time they attack, Atkinson is not repeat not a wing back / winger

Do you EVER stop whining. Let DF get on with it

I could ask you the same question to be honest - ignore his post if it’s a problem.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Yorkie's "saying nowt" about young Whack or Flip-flop. ;)
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:24 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Yorkie's "saying nowt" about young Whack or Flip-flop. ;)

Course he isn’t. The troll only comes out when he’s got something negative to say.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:26 pm

giz a chance youth, still in bandit country lol
first half shocking
second half bossed it, well done to all
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:34 pm

yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:we cannot leave Rheady free to head the ball, every flippin time & their right winger is free every time they attack, Atkinson is not repeat not a wing back / winger

Do you EVER stop whining. Let DF get on with it

Yorkie you didn’t go, so you don’t know & we are not getting a room
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:36 pm

A really good game, good atmosphere and a far better test than any Reserve or friendly fixture for our fringe players and ones who need extra game time. We made a few silly challenges in the 1st half and from my view all the bookings were correct, thankfully we calmed down and kept 11 on the pitch, which didn't look likely at one stage. Lincoln were Lincoln like, set pieces were a real threat but as said above I thought Gibbens was excellent and my MoM, a few cracking challenges in the 2nd half. Yes we looked a little uncomfortable playing out from the back at times and MacDonald made two huge errors which almost cost a goal, but you can clearly see where we are going, what the manager is trying to do and I personally love it. Decent football, good to watch but also competitive and we met fire with fire tonight and the Gimps did not like it one bit.

It would be great for the club and our owner to have a good run in this competition, the financial rewards and the benefit to the squad is enormous.

Well done DF, again.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby tebarker26 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Spiritater wrote:
tebarker26 wrote:Looked to me as though Danny Cowley and Flitcroft shook hands and Nicky Cowley came across and said something to upset Flitcroft. Danny Cowley looked to be trying to push Nicky away to be fair to him. Great result and first away win of the season. Match stats again show we had better possession and more shots. Very pleased with how we look. Lewis Gibbens looked very good too.

Gibbo's a prospect and will blossom given regular starts. But some on here think he should not be played.

He has really impressed me, looked great through pre season doesn't matter how old he is, he will get the experience by playing games.
tebarker26
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:08 pm

Pleased with that tonight, was well worth the trip. Played some good stuff at times and ramped it up once Hamilton and Walker came on. Thought Davies looked a bit lumbersome and we were a lot more energetic once he went off. Nice to see Butcher get a goal, and an excellent finish from Walker too. Got to mention Macdonald as well, he was the best player on the pitch by a mile in my opinion, was everywhere!

We were in danger of playing ourselves in to trouble at times with some poor distribution from the back - Logan isn’t as good as Olejnik at this and it showed, but overall I think we dealt with Lincoln well after they scored. Got to be happy with that, it’s always nice to beat Lincoln even if it is the Checkatrade.

Side note - don’t know what the Cowleys must have said to Flitcroft to upset him like that at the end? I really don’t get why they have the ‘nice guys’ reputation that they seem to have, they’re always a nightmare when they lose from what I’ve seen - think he was sent off 3 times last year.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:19 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Pleased with that tonight, was well worth the trip. Played some good stuff at times and ramped it up once Hamilton and Walker came on. Thought Davies looked a bit lumbersome and we were a lot more energetic once he went off. Nice to see Butcher get a goal, and an excellent finish from Walker too. Got to mention Macdonald as well, he was the best player on the pitch by a mile in my opinion, was everywhere!

We were in danger of playing ourselves in to trouble at times with some poor distribution from the back - Logan isn’t as good as Olejnik at this and it showed, but overall I think we dealt with Lincoln well after they scored. Got to be happy with that, it’s always nice to beat Lincoln even if it is the Checkatrade.

Side note - don’t know what the Cowleys must have said to Flitcroft to upset him like that at the end? I really don’t get why they have the ‘nice guys’ reputation that they seem to have, they’re always a nightmare when they lose from what I’ve seen - think he was sent off 3 times last year.

I agree with most of that but MacDonald best player on the pitch, now that I just cannot agree with at all. Twice he gave the ball away in very, very dangerous positions and on both occasions Lincoln really should have scored. It was incredibly poor play, the pass across goal straight to a Lincoln players was particularly poor. Maybe you were at the tea bar when he did that, so hopefully there will be video of it on here soon.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 pm

James wrote:

Course he isn’t. The troll only comes out when he’s got something negative to say.

zip it clown, if you bother to check before posting you will see it’s not the case
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Thought Butcher was MoM. Rose looked frustrated. All the defence looked good too.

Excellent win for the stags.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:15 am

:D Top draw result against the gimps .

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:09 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
James wrote:

zip it clown, if you bother to check before posting you will see it’s not the case

No need to check. It’s a well known fact.

Tick tock.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:15 am

I thought Elsnik looked decent . He wanted to get forward on every occasion possible . Butcher my motm , he was involved in so much last night . I thought Mcdonald was also very good . Gibbens looked very comfortable and had a good game . Rose needs a goal . He has started to look frustrated and like hes trying to hard . All the squad players seem to know their role and we play at the same way no matter what players we have on the pitch . Rhead did OK very early doors but didn't get a look in after that .
My only concern is how Davies plays . He seems to wander about too much Rose and Walker would benefit more If he way there to flick the ball on more . Saying that , he could be instructed to play like that as a few of the players seem to have a free role .
Good day at the office .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:27 am

Spiritater wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Unbeaten! :P

WBA?

Unbeaten against league 2 opposition ;)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:28 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
James wrote:

Clown ? Aren’t you the one so precious about ad hominem attacks ?

Bit of a hypocrite too.

Anyway. A great result and a good opportunity to blood the fringe players and let them know that they’ve got a chance if they shine.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:41 am

BH_Stag wrote:Pleased with that tonight, was well worth the trip. Played some good stuff at times and ramped it up once Hamilton and Walker came on. Thought Davies looked a bit lumbersome and we were a lot more energetic once he went off. Nice to see Butcher get a goal, and an excellent finish from Walker too. Got to mention Macdonald as well, he was the best player on the pitch by a mile in my opinion, was everywhere!

everyone thinks they are heroes, PE teachers turned football manager but right mard arses when things don't go their way. just a skinny Steve evans
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:05 am

Look at the lincolnshire echo ,comments from cowley are diabolical ,they really dont like it up em :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:12 am

Glad we kept the momentum going with a win, even if it doesn't count for too much.

Always interesting comparing the twitter commentary with the thoughts of those at the game. We always sound like Barcelona on the twitter commentary :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:26 am

Cannot stand this man, he’s nearly as bad as SE with his moaning.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:29 am

Oooh those grapes are sour.

The worst victims are the bullies that suddenly get bullied, he really is a mard rs when things don't go his way.

He wanted to bring on massive Akinde but thought he might get hurt, diddums you mardy git (is there a cry baby emoji)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:32 am

Good result last night. Will give the sqaud some more confidence and helps put the imps in their place a little. Well done all.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum